Eyeliner troubles Pls help!

Online Users: 1,276 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5
Eyeliner troubles Pls help!
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 9:14 AM

I have been trying different eyeliners for about a month now and I can't find anything that doesn't start to run after a couple of hours.  I have used pencils, cream and cake eyeliners.  As far as initial look goes I LOVE the cream eyeliner, but that one is the worst for running/streaking on my lower lids.  I have even used eye concealer and eye primer to try to prep the area.  Does anyone have some suggestions as to what I can do so that I am not running to the powder room every half hour on my big day.  I only have 2 more wks to figure something out!

Re: Eyeliner troubles Pls help!
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 7:55 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I've always had the same problem, especially when I wear my contact lenses (which is most of the time).  I bought a small angled brush and use eye shadow to line.  Whatever colors I happen to be using that day, I usually use a darker shade to line, and have stopped the running.  A lot of shadows can also be applied wet, you just dampen the brush and apply.  That gives you the ease/glide of a cream type liner, with the staying power of a shadow.  Hope this helps, and Good Luck!

Posted: Aug 24, 2007 9:17 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

The only type of eyeliner I've used and liked that didn't run was a powder one.  I apply it wet and then use a brush to set some if dry over it. 

November 3, 2007 I become Mrs. Vazquez! If this is a dream, please don't wake me up...

HLYflute Posts : 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Posted: Aug 26, 2007 12:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Have you tried Prestige brand liners?  You can get them at Walgreens or CVS.  The pencils cost about $3 and liquids are $5.  Both work great for me and stay better than anything else I've tried.  I really like the liquid because instead of a brush, it has a pointy thing (felt tip maybe?) that you put it on with... it comes in a little inkwell.

I also like to use eyeshadow as liner like pp's have said.  It's a more subtle look, so it's all in what you're going for.  Sometimes the shadows can tend to fade, esp. on the bottom. 

SeasideBride06 Posts : 958 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Sep 13, 2007 3:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I do the same thing Mrs.V suggested...use powder eyeliner wet, then go over it with dry. It's last a long time. Also, I try to work it down between my eyelashes. It looks great, makes your eyelashes look thicker and doesn't look like a lot of liner.

You can dry putting a powder shadow over your cream liner, but it might still melt. 

Also, if you do your liner first, you can clean it up with a damp Q-tip if it isn't even. 

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 5:57 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

A-line White One Long Sleeve Open Back Knee-length Prom Dress With Applique
Save up to 24% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $98.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-white-one-long-sleeve-open-back-kneelength-prom-dress-with-applique-p-32118.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine