vow renewals? how to get it started?????

Online Users: 1,283 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 2

vwjettagurl2002 Posts : 24 Registered: 8/21/07
vow renewals? how to get it started?????
Posted: Aug 21, 2007 7:06 PM

hi,

I'm Rochelle age 24..i have a question i don't really know where to begin. well my hubby and i have been married for about 3 years now. we couldn't afford the wedding that we truly wanted, well i guess what i am trying to ask, could i still do that, or do we have to do it as a vow renewal ( not that we have a problem with that ) its just that its something we have always wanted to do..we have made the Guest list of 50-60 ppl  ( depending on if they want to bring their kids). we want to set the date for May 22, 2010 or 09,but b/c he is in the army and i plan to enlist in the spring of 08' the timing will be a bit tricky. but another reason as to why didn't have the wedding is that, we got married at the JOP. A year later he went back into the military, so we have planned to have a wedding then...nope he got deployed as soon as he got out of AIT school 17 months later here we are...lol( he just returned Jan of this year). so that put a damper on things...as you can see we are still trying to get there...lol , and to do this, we now have the money to do this and have it how we want it and such...so if anyone could give me any kind of advice it would mean everything to me.one more thing we are still having problems setting a budget...could any one give me a rough guess of what we can with between 9 and 12K please thanks...i will explain whatever i need to, if i left anything out please feel free to ask thanks 

Rochelle B. 

Rochelle B.

impenelope Posts : 268 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: vow renewals? how to get it started?????
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 5:03 PM Go to message in response to: vwjettagurl2002

First off, welcome to the boards.

We renewed our vows last Aug, but ours was for our 10 year anniversery.

I think if you and your DH want to do this, it would technically be a vow renewal unless you plan on having it in a catholic church, then it will pretty much be considered a wedding.

You can do ALOT of things with the range of your budget. If you could give me some ideas on what you are looking/thinking about, it will help. Big, small, white gown and tux/nice dress and suit???

We had about 50-60 ppl at ours and it was really nice. We did the full wedding in our church because we also did the JP thing first.

Feel free to send me a private question otherwise I will do my best to keep an eye on this to give you more ideas.

Good Luck!!

impenelope Posts : 268 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: vow renewals? how to get it started?????
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 5:03 PM Go to message in response to: vwjettagurl2002

First off, welcome to the boards.

We renewed our vows last Aug, but ours was for our 10 year anniversery.

I think if you and your DH want to do this, it would technically be a vow renewal unless you plan on having it in a catholic church, then it will pretty much be considered a wedding.

You can do ALOT of things with the range of your budget. If you could give me some ideas on what you are looking/thinking about, it will help. Big, small, white gown and tux/nice dress and suit???

We had about 50-60 ppl at ours and it was really nice. We did the full wedding in our church because we also did the JP thing first.

Feel free to send me a private question otherwise I will do my best to keep an eye on this to give you more ideas.

Good Luck!!

Are there kids involved?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine