Any 2009 Brides?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 138

FutureMrsSchroe... Posts : 35 Registered: 6/5/07
Re: Any 2009 Brides?
Posted: Jul 28, 2007 3:33 PM Go to message in response to: DruidsGrl

I'm not getting married until 2010 but I saw your post and I totally agree with you. I have been with my FH for almost 8 years already. What's a few more? lol. I hate it when people ask and make comments. Good luck with your planning everyone!!
I get to marry my middle school sweetheart!

tinadansr Posts : 1 Registered: 7/28/07
Posted: Jul 28, 2007 10:54 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsSchroe...

Hi I'm new on this site but I'm getting married JUne 26th 2009!

09bride Posts : 97 Registered: 2/10/07
Posted: Jul 28, 2007 11:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

totalyblonde thanks everytime we eat at smiley we look up on the top of the mountian and look at the site from there cause thats where the cabins are up on that hill.... where at it md we live in frostburg about 35mins from the lake and you are so right i get excited everytime i think about it. i'll admit i've started buying little things, i want it to be dark red and that matches christmas, valentines day and even the 4th! so after the holidys i look for sales! I found glasses for the bridal party in red for 1.50 each at christmas last year. i even just brought the idea of fish for the center pieces up to my moh and she already talked to a family ran fish store about getting a discount when the time come they said sure all we would have to do is ask!

Posted: Jul 30, 2007 3:15 PM Go to message in response to: 09bride

Wow, I love the idea of fish! That is so cool! 

It seems like a lot of girls on here have been with their FH's for a while. FH and I have been together a little over 4 years and it will be a total of 6 years when we get married. We also met in high school, just senior year though. It's nice to see other people who have later wedding dates that have been together a while. I think it's hard to wait for so long. I just want to be married right now. Does anyone else feel like this? 

Posted: Jul 30, 2007 10:56 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i totally agree with you it just seems like im in a waiting period in my life. webought our home last summer and are saving up money. but until 09 im stuck in the same job, thats when i graduate from the massage program. im stuck with the same car until i pay off my existing loan,i dont want extra payments. and i cant get married until 2009. it just  seems as if everyone knows were pretty much married, but its worth the wait.

pvnjpz1201 Posts : 1 Registered: 5/2/07
Posted: Aug 1, 2007 3:14 PM Go to message in response to: DruidsGrl

My FH and I have been together since 2001.  Our date is set for July 7, 2009. Yes it's a Tuesday. FH and I live in southern MI but we want an intimate ceremony on Mackinac Island.  Then we are planning a huge Reception for family and friends downsouth on Sat. July 11.2009.

I love the fact that we get major discounts for a wedding ceremony if its during the week. They cut $500  for the venue and we get discounts on hotel rooms. I've found so many great deals already.

We pretty much have everything planned out.  So we can just go at our own pace. and the best part of having a long wait is we can relax and enjoy the planning.

futuremrsmcfadden Posts : 16 Registered: 9/14/06
Posted: Aug 6, 2007 11:49 AM Go to message in response to: pvnjpz1201

YAY! OTHER 09 BRIDES!!!! We are getting married September 12,2009! This winter we plan on looking at locations and booking things.....then we can make payments on things and not go totally broke paying for it. both of our familys are not financially set to help us, so we have to take it all on ourselves.....but at least i can start making things and it can be more personal!

jayhawkbride26 Posts : 31 Registered: 6/14/07
Posted: Aug 7, 2007 2:47 AM Go to message in response to: DruidsGrl

I feel a little premature posting on here, but I can't resist. Don't have the ring yet, but boyfriend says I will be engaged before I meet his family at Thanksgiving. We are planning an August '09 wedding. He's going back to school and we want to have a nice wedding (nice in his dictionary = open bar). This gives us a chance to save some $$ and for my parents to save money. Plus, I want my mom to make my wedding dress!

Anyways, when are you guys starting to book things? Is next spring too soon? Any Dallas brides out there?

Posted: Aug 7, 2007 2:37 PM Go to message in response to: jayhawkbride26

I understand what you are going through. I'm Not technically engaged yet. We have a ring, but officially I am not engaged. I am not even allowed to wear the ring! it sucks. Until we officially get engaged I am not booking anything. I think at 18 months you can start to book things. I think its not too far away but not too close that you can't get the date you want. My dad already knows its coming, so does my mom. It's just about the proposal! 

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Posted: Aug 7, 2007 2:59 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Our wedding is August 15, 2009....I'm so excited, my family and friends think we should do it sooner but I tell them "time flies, it will be here before you know it"

Im in southern CA and looking for a nice hotel near the beach! At this point, I'm still just getting ideas and doing lots of research. Happy Planning to you all : )

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Posted: Aug 7, 2007 3:01 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

LOL, my ticker is confused!! it doesn't go back farther than 12 months!

EuphoricReverie Posts : 10 Registered: 7/4/07
Posted: Aug 7, 2007 3:18 PM Go to message in response to: DruidsGrl

April 18th 2009'

I can't wait! I haven't been doing much planning, just looking around at things I like and how I want things to be done. I found a location that I'm absolutely in love with but its 6 hours (by car) away from my house so I dont know what I'm going to do!

Either way, I cant wait.

"Dreams really do come true"

Posted: Aug 7, 2007 9:15 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

how exciting!!! my boyfriend told his mom he wants to propose before Thanksgiving. We're going to look at rings as soon as he gets his student loan money. I won't book anything until after we're engaged. I know a lot of my friends are having trouble in my hometown with booking things (brides are booking a year and a half in advance), but we live in a big city, so I think we can wait until a year or under.

Posted: Aug 8, 2007 11:35 AM Go to message in response to: jayhawkbride26

jayhawk ~ CONRATS! 3months! ti he proposes! thats great!

i was thinking about talking to the photographer anding booking them them talking to a florist, but all i want from her is my bouquet im going to make the other flowers. as for the dj my cousin can rent the stuff for the day the food tyler just wants to get chicken from walmart and do a couple thing like that but i might call the comunity college and see if they cater... id really like to do a potato bar with all the topping there so you can load it up!...

Posted: Aug 8, 2007 11:57 AM Go to message in response to: 09bride

09, you have some good ideas!!! I never thought of calling a community college!

Are you using silk flowers to create the rest of your flowers or real ones? I'm thinking of doing silk ones. I only want tulips....white ones for me and peach for my bm's and centerpieces, so maybe they won't be as expensive if I do real.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine