how do i keep my dress looking nice until next year?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1

JJ683 Posts : 9 Registered: 6/27/07
how do i keep my dress looking nice until next year?
Posted: Aug 7, 2007 12:41 PM

I got my dress, and its great, but my wedding is just over a year away (august 16th 2008!). So right now I have the dress at my parents house, hanging on those silly little ribbons they attach so you can hang it up, and I put it in a wardrobe type thing. Is that good enough? I have no idea how to make sure it stays looking perfect until I wear it! Any ideas?

Thanks so much!!!

impenelope Posts : 268 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: how do i keep my dress looking nice until next year?
Posted: Aug 7, 2007 1:30 PM Go to message in response to: JJ683

I got mine a little over a year before our date and what I did was hang it up in the bag with the train held up by the ribbon thing, this will help keep some of the weight off the top ribbons and won't pull to much on the gown. When I put the train up, I kinda spread the train around the rest of the gown, llike a cloak so it wasn't really wrinkled. I kept it in the bag that it came in, but I had the bag unzipped about 2-3 inches at the top so that it could breath and not yellow.

Also as tempting as it is , do not put the gown on any more then you need to, fittings... Find a place that can press it for you right before the day and it will be great.

If your gown is dirty from being tried on too much, visible dirt, it might be good to have it cleaned before storing it. Keep in mind, it costs a good amount to have it professionally cleaned and unless it has pretty visible dirt/yellowing cleaning it might not be worth it.

Good Luck!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine