Should he see me before the ceremony?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

luvmygemini Posts : 737 Registered: 7/16/07
Should he see me before the ceremony?
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 10:06 AM

I need some advice..... I am already married and this will be our renewal ceremony so imagine everything a wedding has but more simplified in a way.. yes I will wear a wedding dress this time and have a wedding party ect.. So the problem is the ceremony will be at night in October what I was thinking was we could arrive early while there is daylight to take pictures outside if weather permits before the guest arrives. Then I was jumped on by everyone about being seen by my husband! My response was we are already married this is just to celebrate our 5 year anniversary and have the wedding we both wanted in the first place I don't see a problem with it...what do you think?

Free Icons

"I look forward to pledging my love once again to my friend, my sweetheart, my soul mate"

Beachwed Posts : 782 Registered: 9/19/06
Re: Should he see me before the ceremony?
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 10:32 AM Go to message in response to: luvmygemini

I was always one to want to wait till the ceremony to see my FH.  But I had a friend who just got married and had that alone time with her FH before the ceremony, out on a lake at their favorite spot, just the two of them (plus photographer) and she said she's so glad she did it.  We spoke with our photographer and he said the same thing, that you just let all your emotions out when it's just the two of you.  I think that'd be perfect.

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Jul 31, 2007 7:10 PM Go to message in response to: Beachwed

We did that, had an alone time before the ceremony, and the photographer was there for part of it then she left and we were completely alone for about 10 minutes or so.  It was my favorite part of the day!!  It was also the ONLY time we had to ourselves that whole day.  It was amazing, incredible, and it changed nothing about the magical moment when I walked to him down the aisle, either.  After that, then waiting for the ceremony was SO much less stressful and I was no longer a nervous wreck.  It was just a perfect thing for us to do and both of us were so happy we decided to include it. 

BenjaminsWife Posts : 1,069 Registered: 1/11/07
Posted: Jul 31, 2007 8:39 PM Go to message in response to: luvmygemini

We plan on seeing each other before the ceremony...mainly to do pictures but also so we have a few minutes together before all the craziness begins.
The Big Day: 9/20/08

luvmygemini Posts : 737 Registered: 7/16/07
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 4:41 PM Go to message in response to: BenjaminsWife

ladies I feel so much better,we have decided to just take the pictures before the ceremony.. I was just concerned about it being special when he see me for the first time but it will all be special anyway Thanks to all who responded

"I look forward to pledging my love once again to my friend, my sweetheart, my soul mate on 10~17~2008"

impenelope Posts : 268 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 7, 2007 1:07 PM Go to message in response to: luvmygemini

We did it before and I am really gladd we did.

To have that special moment, have your DH stand at the alter area with his back to you, walk down like your coming down the isle, then when you are about 5-10 ft from him, have him turn around and make sure your photographer is ready for the pic. That is what we did and the pic of his face when he saw me is one of my favorite!!

It also helped because I started crying at that time, and I was able to touch up my face before more pics were taken and I looked fresh and very happy, it helps to ease any worries when you two are together and are not rushed worring about people waiting for you!!

Good Luck!!

mandygillette Posts : 17 Registered: 11/27/06
Posted: Aug 30, 2007 2:57 PM Go to message in response to: impenelope

i agree.. my fiance and i are so 'stuck-on-each-other'. i dont think i can stand not seeing him before the ceremony. It'll be the most romantic moment! i know, im not married yet, but i just know. it's just the same feeling when one of u goes oversea for a few days/weeks, and u just miss him sooo much and when u see him, u just want to have that special time with him... i know it all....cuz i experience it all the time! lol. 

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 12:37 PM Go to message in response to: luvmygemini

We saw each other before the ceremony, too, and I wouldn't do it any other way.  We were taking our photos in a beautiful park near the venue and when the limo brought us there the guys were on the other side with one of the photographers and the 2nd photographer wanted us to take some pictures of just the girls before going to meet the guys but I was not having it!  I just had to see him, needed to see him, was going to cry if I didn't see him, it was the strangest thing but it was the moment I really knew that we were meant to be getting married because everyone I loved most was there that day but the one person I wanted to see was HIM.  :)

Posted: Sep 9, 2007 10:03 PM Go to message in response to: luvmygemini

honestly i don't see much of a big deal in seeing each other, whether you are just getting married or renewing vows or anything else. But that's just me.... i mean, i don't want to be without him on the second most important day of my life (the first was the day we met). I imagine he'll probably just hang around the house with his BM while me and my bridesmaids get ready. no real separation.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine