guys wearing chucks

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12
guys wearing chucks
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 10:28 AM

my FH is having all the men in the bridal party wear black tuxes with ivory shirts and a pool blue vest and long tie (to match my girls dresses). he wants them all to wear hightop converse all stars on their feet. my dad thinks it's ridiculous, but it's kinda fitting. i've made most of the decisions, and i'd like FH to have a lil fun. the best man and 2 groomsmen will get black hightop chucks and FH is special-ordering his online in our wedding colors. what do you ladies think?

Katrina and Jim

July 21, 2007

Re: guys wearing chucks
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 10:38 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

thats a really cute idea. you have to let your groom have a little fun.  actually if my wedding was not so close I might have stole your idea.

Wink

..............................UNTIL I AM TONI TORRES...................................

Posted: Apr 13, 2007 5:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Cute and different. Go for it!

Posted: Aug 6, 2007 4:00 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

LOVE THIS IDEA!  You must be part of the grunge generation to be calling them Chucks.  I do, and so does my FH, but none of the younger kids do.  I'm letting my guys choose their footwear and belts individually.  One of the GM is wearing a big silver beltbuckle that has his name on it.  Another is going traditional.  My brother is wearing his favorite brown suede clogs that he never takes off and his belt skewed to the side.  I'll have to pass the idea of Chucks on to my FH.  He'll be thrilled... 
Mandy in Jerome...

EuphoricReverie Posts : 10 Registered: 7/4/07
Posted: Aug 6, 2007 1:59 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My fiance and his groomsmen are all wearing tennis shoes. We're having an outdoor wedding and he said if i get to wear flip flops, he gets to wear tennis shoes.
"Dreams really do come true"

sallythecamel Posts : 25 Registered: 3/13/07
Posted: Sep 10, 2007 11:37 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

that's what we are doing but a little diffrent. Our guys arn't waring tuxes. They are waring this:

The guys will ware:

black dress pants.
a white dress shirt.
a red tie.
a black, with red or white wording or picture, band shirt. (nothing against god or cussing)
a studded belt.
and
black or red converse.

my fiance will ware:

Black dress pants
a white dress shirt.
a black tie.
red with black (same as the shirt above) band shirt.
a studded belt.
black or red converse.
and
a black suite jacket.

I'm even considering waring converse.

lol.

I mean it's not like you will see them.

I'd want to ware pink though so I prolly wont.

Posted: Sep 10, 2007 5:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH wants him and the GM to wear heely's to the reception so they can 'wheel in' when the bridal party is introduced

Posted: Sep 10, 2007 5:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

omg if i had seen this post before my wedding, my husband would definitely have done that!!! i know heely's are for kids, but he wants a pair so bad!

oh and the chucks were a big hit at my wedding. all the guys ended up custom ordering theirs (my husband, the 3 GM, the 2 ushers, and our "minister" who is a good friend who got ordained online). they were all unique. and most importantly they'll all wear them again. my husband got his in our wedding colors (pool blue and yellow) with JIM & KAT embroidered up the back! here are some pics (i haven't gotten the good photographers pics on my computer yet, so these are just from guests' digital cameras):

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Katrina and Jim

July 21, 2007

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 1:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

All seven of our guys are wearing chucks, they are going to look so cute with their tan suits. Im very excited.

Soon To Be Mrs. Luff

blndsnbrdr Posts : 131 Registered: 9/3/07
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 10:38 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Love the idea - I think the guys will end up in black skate shoes of their choice - they can always use new skate shoes and they are WAY more comfy than dress shoes!

Ticker

"We fit together pefectly, like two puzzle pieces...puzzle pieces you have to pour water on and pound together" -FH

http://www.mywedding.com/chrisandheidi

jumpluckyducky Posts : 1 Registered: 12/12/07
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 2:27 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

my soon-to-be fiance's signature are his converse. i'm totally for my guy expressing his personal style on our big day. there are some very stylish all black leather hi top chucks that can look pretty dressy. a point brought up by my boyfriend though, is that dress shoes are usually made for dancing, while chucks have more grip to the soles.

lensappeal Posts : 80 Registered: 9/4/07
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think that it sounds awesome, personally! It brings some of him into the whole picture, and makes it a little more fun!
When is my wedding

lensappeal Posts : 80 Registered: 9/4/07
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 4:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

hey hey! I'm a younger "kid", and I call 'em chucks! That's is what they are, after all!
When is my wedding

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine