I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! And boy was I right.....

Online Users: 1,302 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 8

Soon2BTaylor Posts : 258 Registered: 6/1/06
I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! And boy was I right.....
Posted: Aug 3, 2007 3:17 PM

When we started making a tenative guest list months ago, my dad handed me his side of the family, and I promptly laughed at him (in a nice way Tongue out) and told him that he would need to take out some of his 2nd and 3rd cousins.  The reason being...his sisters have multiple children, who now have multiple children.  So i knew that inviting them meant inviting a lot of kids with them..

So of course this is the week I start getting RSVP's back from his family (mind you, I had put just the parents names on the invite , mostly because I don't know all of the kids names)  Well in comes the first one...Invited 2...RSVP 4...then the second...Invited 1...RSVP 2...then the kicker...Invited 2...RSVP 8!!!!!!!  One person, with 6 children...and only one of them is under 7, which is the cut off age for not having to pay for them.  I'm dreading the reast...

WHEW!  Sorry about that ladies, but I had to vent a little...get it off my chest.  Happy planning!

TickledPeenk Posts : 175 Registered: 7/19/07
Re: I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! And boy was I right.....
Posted: Aug 3, 2007 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BTaylor

This is the one thing I am dreading the most!!  I hope it doesn't heppen to me!

I'm going to be a Taylor too!  Isn't it such a great last name?

Posted: Aug 3, 2007 3:36 PM Go to message in response to: TickledPeenk

HA! It is a great name...I can't wait to trade mine in for it!

TickledPeenk Posts : 175 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Aug 3, 2007 6:44 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BTaylor

My maiden name is really long too so it'll be nice to be able to use a much shorter one! hehe

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Aug 3, 2007 8:36 PM Go to message in response to: TickledPeenk

Wow. They added EIGHT people to their RSVP?? Now I have heard everything. Why why why are some people sooooo incredibly dense and rude? I just do not understand it. I mean, how can you, as a Guest, be so dense to sit there and ADD all these uninvited people to an invitation addressed to solely YOU? I seriously do not GET how people are this dumb, and this rude.

Im really sorry you have to deal with it, and now you can tell your dad SEE??? I was right!!! lol.

LongLiveBBS: "life rulez and i am Coolz. eddie N me 4eva!"

EveT2007 Posts : 1,949 Registered: 8/31/06
Posted: Aug 3, 2007 9:08 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

So, have you decided who is going to call each of these families and explain that only Mr. and Mrs. are invited?  Or are you going to let the extra people come?

I guess we were lucky, we had only 2 families that did the "expanding invitation" trick.  They were both on my DH's side.  I asked him to call them but he wouldn't do it, so I did.  And then we had another uninvited guest, a steady girlfriend rather than a child, and DH didn't want to hurt feelings so he asked me to let the girl come.  I had not wanted to invite her because she's just an all-around rude person, and sure enough she came to the wedding (a fairly formal church wedding) in shorts.  I was tempted to take her aside and say, "Listen, since you weren't invited, would you please wait to go through the buffet until everyone else has been served?" but I held my tongue, LOL.

Eve T

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Aug 3, 2007 11:03 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BTaylor

I know what you are talking about.  My family is huge on my dad's side.  I don't know a lot of them well at all because I havn't been able to get to reunions because of school or work over the past few years.  We invited people then got "why isn't so and so invited".  When we told them that I don't know them, many invited themselves.  I would call these people and tell them they can not invite these extra people.  

tuprwarecat Posts : 92 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 4, 2007 12:28 AM Go to message in response to: EveT2007

You should've pulled her to the side and tell her to wait, I would've. Then the nerve of showing up in shorts when your wedding is fairly formal? Good gawd! she must be some prize, and a personality to match.

http://my.tupperware.com/kittymarsh

Posted: Aug 6, 2007 9:00 AM Go to message in response to: tuprwarecat

It is really funny that they did that.  I knew that when I invited that side of the family...even if I put only the parents on the invite...that they would bring some, or all, of the children.  I don't mind children being there...I love children..but like some of you have said..all 6 is a bit stupid...I'd think that you would want to have a night away from some of them Tongue out.  As of right now, we will leave them be.  As we start to get more of the invited back, we'll have to see what we do. 

Oh and another fun one...we just got invited to a wedding that is this weekend...got a phone call asking us to come, and if we wanted prime rib or chicken Laughing  It's a friend of FH's who he had lost contact with when we move to Arizona, and has just started talking to again, but I thought it was funny...I love phone call invitations...should be good food though!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine