When was FH/FW "the one"?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 39
Re: When was FH/FW "the one"?
Posted: Jul 9, 2007 12:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

He had planned on living in london, and after two weeks he was ready to come home to the states, on account of missing me too much. 

The big moment was when I got to see him after his flight landed... it was so hollywood-esque. Before he had left we'd kept things casual but after he was home there was no seperating us. He proposed a couple weeks later. 

This has cemented my belief that it takes one of two things to know if they're the one... Time or Distance!

Christina D... no... B.!!!!

TickledPeenk Posts : 175 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Jul 19, 2007 7:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

When my bf and I first got together, we instantly fell in love.  Something just clicked when we met and we spent all day, every day with eachother that entire summer.

About a month and a half into our relationship, we were invited to a wedding reception.  (we couldn't attend the ceremony, because the bride and groom were Mormon) and after the reception we went back to his house and he finally told me the whole story about his mom and dad (his dad hasn't really been in his life since he was 10) and his childhood and while telling me this, he was crying.

I just held his hand and listened and the whole time I kept thinking, "I am going to marry this man someday."

Over the years we have fallen even more in love and know each other better than anyone.  I can't wait for him to pop the question, and to be his wife!

Posted: Jul 23, 2007 10:22 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

This probably may sound too soon; but it was after the second time we'd ever met.

I'm very much into Peace and finding & sharing it. We were all at an island party and I noticed him from across the way. We had lite conversation throughout the day but it wasn't until we were all about to leave that he finally came up to me for longer talk. Well at the end he said "Peace" to me. It was weird but my heart knew.

3 weeks later we moved in together & 3 years later he asked me to be his wife. And everyday since then he's brought me Peace.

Posted: Jul 23, 2007 10:35 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Haha this IS a fun thread. Well my FH and I have been together for 4 years and we pretty much moved in together right away. WE hit it off right away but the whole living together took some MAJOR tuning LOL. We both have VERY similiar personalities which at times can cause us to bump heads but we have learned how to meet each other half way and compromise. The love between he and I was always there and he really truly is my other half. We complete each other in so many ways and understand each other more than anyone else and EVEN on the days I want to cut off his circulation LMAO! I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world and vice versa! So to answer your question I learned gradually throughout our relationship that he was and is THE ONE.

" November 3, 2007 I will be marrying the love of my life. Everyday I thank God for bringing us together.

Posted: Jul 24, 2007 9:31 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ha Ha! Just thought I would share .... after I posted this I went to shower and I guess my nosey FH saw the computer on and read my entry and he was cracking up. SEE he understands me and that sometimes the desire to put a pillow over his head is all in good fun LOLOL .......... of COURSE i'm kidding lol

" November 3, 2007 I will be marrying the love of my life. Everyday I thank God for bringing us together.

Beachwed Posts : 782 Registered: 9/19/06
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 9:46 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

For me, we met in high school and when college came, we ended up at schools across the country from each other.  Within the first week we knew it'd be hard as hell to do this for four years, but our choices were to break up, or put in all our trust and love and make it work whenever we could see each other.  We made the choice to stick with each other, and I knew it then that he was the one.  Every chance we could see each other we could, and now we're back living together and I could not be happier that we made that decision.

RedStormGirl Posts : 184 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 12:22 PM Go to message in response to: Beachwed

I agree, this is a great thread!

I don't know if there was an exact moment...I feel like I knew he was it from our first kiss. But I do remember one summer, we were together for 2 years at that point, and FH had to go away on a conference for 2 weeks. I know it must sound silly, but when I picked him up at the airport and jumped into his arms, I knew right then that I never wanted to be without him...

shelsgrl Posts : 164 Registered: 5/31/07
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 10:29 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

FH and I met online, and we talked through email for about a month before we met.  Our first date was the best time I've ever had!  We live in NYC, and we had a nice dinner outside, walked along the Hudson and looked at the river reflecting the lights...he held my hand and I got butterflies in my stomach that I still get today!  I think I knew by the end of that night that we would somehow end up together.  I just can't imagine going through life without this wonderful guy by my side!  

TheeFutureMrsH Posts : 15 Registered: 4/30/07
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 10:51 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I love these fun questions... well in 4 months will mark our 1 year anniversary together heheEmbarassed we met @ church @ a young adults get together it was after everyone wrapped up their session & we had some downtime...(i knew i would never remember what it was that were talking about only b/c everything got so hazzy) we looked @ each other & we shared this hysterical laugh & in that moment everything around me seemed to pause & in that instant i knew... that i wanted to share more laughs with this person & my life would never be the same.... and it all came true! I feel so blessed & I thank God! 

Posted: Jul 27, 2007 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: TheeFutureMrsH

I don't think there was ever a moment where I knew he was the one... I had that moment when I fell in love with him. I might have even known then. He is just so wonderful and he treats me so well. He's been there for me through good and bad times, thick and thin. I couldn't live without him and I thank God for him. I can't wait for our marriage and the rest of our lives..

~Carmen

Message was edited by kalamela2008 on Jul 27, 2007 11:06 AM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine