Pause for a picture?

Online Users: 1,333 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8
Pause for a picture?
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 12:01 PM

I've seen this done before and thought it was a little funny, but now that it's MY wedding and MY pictures I'm thinking it may make sense.

Should my BM's at some point on the aisle pause for a picture? Maybe RIGHT be the door that they walk in so it's not TOO distracting?  I dunno.... I get random wedding thoughts throuougt the day... oh and I can't spell throughought... how DO you spell that???

November 3, 2007 I become Mrs. Vazquez! If this is a dream, please don't wake me up...

magicjenna Posts : 363 Registered: 1/28/07
Re: Pause for a picture?
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 1:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I personally hate when they stop part way down the aisle for the picture. So I put all my pictures first and hopefully it will all be taken care before people arrive.

I think you need to ask your photographer what they do. If they take pictures while they are walking or if they make them stop. I would also check with your ceremony venue and see if they allow it. Some places might not... so as long as it is on your mind you should look into it.

And I think the spelling is Throughout looks funny though doesn't it?

Posted: Jul 25, 2007 3:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think as long as your girls walk slow they shouldn't have to stop or pause.  And I think its might make them a little uncomfortable, i mean its tough enough to walk down with all eyes on them, then they have to stop and pose.  Just my thought!

EveT2007 Posts : 1,949 Registered: 8/31/06
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 3:35 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Having them pause seems a little artificial for my personal taste.  If the church doesn't allow flash to "freeze" the action, I'd rather have a photo that shows the actual blur of them moving than to have them try to choreograph a graceful pause.  The blur effect is tricky to work that out, but if your photographer is good at technique it is possible and the results are lovely. 

When my DH and I walked down the aisle 2 months ago, our photographer as well as guests in the pews took photos w/flash and they came out fine, there was no blur from movement even though we didn't pause.  And our church is very dim.

Good luck -- I'm sure it will be beautiful whatever you decide!

Eve T

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 2:23 PM Go to message in response to: EveT2007

I personally think it's disruptive when the attendants or the bride pauses partway down the aisle to take pictrures. Either do it before the ceremony or have the photographer take pictures while they're walking. I'd rather not have 'walk down the aisle' photos rather than have my wedding feel like a runway - but if it's a brief pause and you really want the photo, then go ahead and do it!

Posted: Jul 26, 2007 2:42 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Ok, new issue... well same issue but different.

2 years ago one of my BM's was the BM in a mutual relatives wedding.  Though NO ONE told her to, and NO ONE else did it, when she saw the photographer she PAUSED.  But not only paused but you could see that she pulled the GM back (they walked together).  How do I say "no pausing" without singling her out?  Hmmm, I guess my wedding coordinator can say it at the Rehearsal... cause really no one knew she was going to do it, she just saw the camera and did it automatically.

November 3, 2007 I become Mrs. Vazquez! If this is a dream, please don't wake me up...

LochNessie Posts : 1,631 Registered: 4/2/07
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 2:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think the idea of having the wedding coordinator say it is a good one.  I'd have her just say it in an offhanded manner: "Oh, just so you all know, you don't need to pause for photos when walking down the aisle.  S/He's going to capture you all in motion.  But, if you could walk slowly, s/he'd appreciate it."  That way, she's not singled out.

-Ness 

And when you say forever can't you see you've already captured me. - Mae

Posted: Jul 26, 2007 2:57 PM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

Sounds good! 

I will say, at that wedding, when I saw her yank her poor GM back... I sort of bursted out laughing (not loud... her hubby heard me and he was laughing too).  It was one of those moments when someone acts SO in charachter that you're simply amused.  Ok, I just have to remember to explain that to my wedding coordinator so she can be sure to say something.

5in3 Posts : 806 Registered: 8/15/06
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 3:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Okay I am sorry I have get on my little soap box.

It bugs me when people pause for the camera.  This is not a runway this is not a fashion show, this is NOT Glamour shots.  This is a ceremony.  Now I understand those people who are not religions (not criticizing or saying anything negative) this is not an issue.  But when I am in a church, and we are having a wedding ceremony, and photographers are army crawling down the center aisle with their camera I get really upset.  I think it is distratcting and unneccessary. 

I cannot and do not condemn anyone for what they choose to do at their weddings, but I just request ask your photographer and videographer, and wedding party, be respectful, even if you aren't religious, they are suppose to be paying attention to officiant, bride & groom, now some photographer dressed up to blend into the church barrel rolling in and out of the chancel area.

I know the only wedding I can control is my own, basically why I have forbidden my photographer to enter the sanctuary.  He can take pictures from the balcony, the back doors, the narthex, the side doors, but my ceremony is a service of praise and thanksgiving to God, for blessing me with a partner to share my life with.  It isn't just about the promises I make ot my FH, but the promises we are making to God.  I will reinact anything after the ceremony, the church is small use a zoom lens, and there is a whole area of narthex we will walk through before the sanctuary to get a picture of me coming down the aisle. 

Okay sorry that turned into a vent.  I woudl say if you want your girls to pause, it is fine, but do it somewhere that isn't quite as obtrusive as the front of the aisle.  Maybe the back half of the church, where the whole congregation isn't like "oh that bm just posed for the camera.

sorry i Hijacked the thread.

REally not criticizing anyone's choices and I would never say don't do it, this was just my honest opinion. 

Me, my honey and our kitty make 3.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine