Wrong place....But where can I get a tiara?

Online Users: 1,318 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9

5in3 Posts : 806 Registered: 8/15/06
Wrong place....But where can I get a tiara?
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 12:58 PM

Hello ladies,

So I know this is in the worng thread, but I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of a online or real life store where I can go get a tiara/pretty things for my hair.  I am not wearing a veil, so I don't have to factor that in.  I wish I had a picture of my dress, but as it is discontinued, and at my Mom's house, alas I have none.   i live in Chicago if that helps.

Thanks Much Ladies,

Me, my honey and our kitty make 3.

magicjenna Posts : 363 Registered: 1/28/07
Re: Wrong place....But where can I get a tiara?
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: 5in3

I don't know how much help I can give... I bought mine at the bridal shop (it cost an arm and a leg compared to other places but my grandmother made me)

I know in NY their is a flea market which takes up a huge building that has a whole floor dedicated to wedding stuff like tiara's and veils but I don't know about Chicago. Samala would probably be great at helping you find a place in Chicago (speaking of Samala has she been here lately?)

I would also suggest trying eBay.

If you don't mind spending ~$100 on one try a bunch of bridal shops or David's Bridal.

Good Luck

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 2:52 PM Go to message in response to: 5in3

Definitely check out ebay and their stores.  cutebride.com has many different types of tiaras at really good prices....

Posted: Jul 25, 2007 3:15 PM Go to message in response to: BrideChica

Money is VERY tight around here.  I got my tiara at WalMart for $13.00.  It's just as pretty as the ones in the bridal shop and didn't break the bank.

immigrants Posts : 349 Registered: 4/24/07
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 8:46 AM Go to message in response to: 5in3

You can try craft stores also if you want to keep the price low, they have tiaras there. Stores like Michaels or JoAnns.

HLYflute Posts : 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 3:15 PM Go to message in response to: 5in3

I got mine on ebay and it was about $25 include shipping. Sadly, I can't remember the name of the seller.  It was excellent quality, WAY nicer than the ones in the craft stores and every bit as good as what they sell in the bridal shops.  Also, I saw the exact same tiara-- IDENTICAL, except it had an attached veil-- in the store where I bought by dress, and it was over $300.

Here's a couple pictures :-)

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 4:34 PM Go to message in response to: 5in3

I got mine at Michaels for $20.  You can also look at Claire's or the Icing.  David's Bridal or any bridal shop will have some there too.

5in3 Posts : 806 Registered: 8/15/06
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 5:04 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsperry

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies.  I actuall went to cutebride.com, and got 3 different styles for 30 bucks.  I will donate the ones I don't use to my friends charity that works with handicapped children, teaching them the fine arts.  Anyway all three were different styles, they look great on line, now I just have to see how they look in person.  I did find them at some bridal salon websites  (or ones that look pretty darn similar) going for a couple hundred each.  So now I just have to wait for my tiara's to get here.

Now anyone have any ideas for gems I could stick into the back of my updo?

Me, my honey and our kitty make 3.

immigrants Posts : 349 Registered: 4/24/07
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 1:24 AM Go to message in response to: HLYflute

Wow your tiara is beautiful and you are right about the tiaras in the craft stores, but some people like the plain, simple and small ones thats why I mentioned the craft stores. So true about the ones at the bridal stores too it seems like all the ones my daughter and I have looked at are over $ 250.00 and we went to this one by our house and I swear it was all swarovski crystals three tiers high and was $ 500.00 I just start laughing and said yeah right. I like the way yours comes down on the sides most of them just sit directly on top of the head and there is nothing on the side. BEAUTIFUL !!

Posted: Jul 27, 2007 12:04 PM Go to message in response to: immigrants

I paid 85 dollars for mine in the Bridal shop where I got my dress at...But I've saw the ones in Walmart and they are very pretty also..

Until I become Mrs. Whitehead
Daisypath Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine