Sandals resorts

Online Users: 1,355 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 11
Sandals resorts
Posted: May 21, 2007 11:17 AM

We're looking at staying at a Sandals resort, most likely in St Lucia.  They look gorgeous... anyone have any tips or experience with any of these?  We have been searching for the perfect honeymoon, and were set on St Johns but the reviews of the hotels were so horrible, and Sandals seems like they have it right.

Any tips or experience with these?  Thanks!!!

SoonToBeAWard Posts : 280 Registered: 5/22/06
Re: Sandals resorts
Posted: May 22, 2007 12:53 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi there, we stayed at Sandals Antigua in May 2005. I really liked it. The rooms were nice and spacious, the restaurants were good, they had a swim up pool bar (!) and the beach at Dickinson Bay was lovely. Scuba diving was also included in our package. Most wings also have there own pool areas which I really liked - you could just walk down from your room to the pool. The resort was nicely maintained, and we encountered nothing but friendly staff.

We found it a little noisey. It is a large resort and of course there are lots of people staying there at the one time. We had spent the previous week on yacht, just the two of us, so being around lots of people felt strange! I think if we had done Sandals first, and then the boat this would not have been an issue.

I'm not sure about the Sandals in St Lucia but I'm sure there is someone on these boards who has holidayed or honeymooned there. Good Luck!

Posted: May 24, 2007 2:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi My Fiance and I actually just booked our honeymoon THIS MORNING at a Sandals resort in St. Lucia.  We are soooooo excited.  We are staying at the Regency Sandals in St. Lucia in September for 8 nights.  My fiance knows two different people who have stayed at that exact resort and have loved it!!!  Plus good friends of ours went to a sandals resorts in Jamica for there honeymoon and loved there experience with Sandals.

Good luck making your decision.  Check out tripadvisor.com. We read a ton of reviews on that sight about Sandal Regency, good and bad things about the resort.  I totally recommend checking out that website for non biased reviews.

Posted: May 24, 2007 2:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are staying at the Sandals in the Bahamas.  Since my fiance and I are both military we saved 20% off and decided to upgrade to a room with a butler :-) I'd figured we might as well "go big" and enjoy our honeymoon, what better way then to be pampered!

This resort also has its own private offshore island! 

Posted: May 24, 2007 2:46 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

....also keep in mind the difference between a small intimate resort vs a large resort like Sandals.  Depending on the type of people you and your fiance are......me and my FH are very active outdoors people that like socializing so Sandals is a perfect resort for us.  There is plenty to keep us entertained or we can lay out and be alone for the day.  Plus they have a lot of restaurants to chose from. 

We did look into small, quiet, intimate/secluded resorts like Anse C.  But they have half the activites Sandals offers and ONLY 2 restaurants that are ONLY opened 5 days a week!  You pay for the privacy but they don't offer much of anything else.  My FH feared we would get bored after 4 days...and we are going to be there for 9 days.

That is why we felt a resort like Sandals would better suite us. Plus NO CHILDREN are allowed!  We don't want to be lying on the beach and have to worry about kids running by kickin up sand

Hope that helped.

Posted: Jul 14, 2007 1:50 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I hope to visit St. Lucia for my honeymoon and stay at the regency sandals resort.  some friends of ours stayed at the regency and said 5 nights was not enough because it was so great.  you can visit all three resorts, but most people go to the regency because it has the most restaurants, etc.  

let me know how yall like it so i can convince my fiance that it is the place to go!!! 

mrsHuerta Posts : 24 Registered: 6/3/07
Posted: Jul 14, 2007 12:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We just booked Sandals Grande St. Lucian. SOOO excited! we are only going to stay for 6 days, so we really wanted the best room we could get. So our little retreat will have our own plunge pool and whirlpool! We were also considering Jade Mountain, but found it too pricey for the lack of activities and amenities that is offers compaired to Sandals. I have total confidence in the Sandals resort. hope this helps, good luck and congratualtions!

Message was edited by mrsHuerta2b on Jul 14, 2007 12:04 PM

elitegrp Posts : 1,048 Registered: 9/12/06
Posted: Jul 14, 2007 9:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Just Remember Girls.. we are a best of the best agency..

meaning we sell tons and tons of Sandals.. let me know how we can help.

I am going to be in St. Lucia in 2 weeks.....

pre honeymoon.. LOL

Cool Have a great day! and Congrats to you

Tammy

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Jul 16, 2007 10:52 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

We stayed at Sandals Regency in St. Lucia for our June/ July 2006 honeymoon and it was great!  Yes. it is a large resort, so there are other people there.  We had a great time and the food was great too.  Staff was friendly and very helpful.  Dinner reservations, private beach dinner and excursions were all easy to arrange. 

When we were near our room, it was more like we were alone and no one else was around.  It was great!  I have pictures of our honeymoon and the resort in my profile.

NatSeptBride Posts : 888 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jul 19, 2007 11:36 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

We stayed at Sandals Antigua in Sept of 2006 and it was horrible.. It was under construction which they failed to tell people.  The food was horrible.. Almost everyone we met had gotten food poisioning from something. The staff were totally rude.  I mean the list goes on.  Read the reviews on tripadvisor.com.  There were so many jelly fish that people that went snorkeling refused to get out of the boat because there were so many, and people were getting stung like crazy..  We completely avoided the ocean because of it.  They were washing up on the beach as well...  The beach is public, so there are a million vendors constantly trying to sell stuff, which is how they make their living, but after being asked and followed by the same people every day it does get annoying.. And there were people on the beach trying to sell drugs... So many people complained to security about being offered drugs....

I don't recommend Antigua, but I've heard nothing but good things about Bahamas, and St.Lucia resorts.

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 12:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH and I are headed to Sandals Negril for our honeymoon from September 24-October 1, 2007.  Can't wait to go.  We have only heard good things about this resort from family and friends.  Also I suggest you check out tripadvisor.com.  They help us make the choice to go there also we can ask any questions we have on the forum.

Jess

Marring the man of my dreams September 22, 2007!!!!  Honeymoon to Sandals Negril in Jamaica from Septmber 24-October 1, 2007!!!

elitegrp Posts : 1,048 Registered: 9/12/06
Posted: Jul 21, 2007 1:18 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Going to St. Lucia next week.. tell me if you need anything.. I will be taking tons of photos

Cool Have a great day! and Congrats to you

Tammy

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine