Barbados - St. Luica - Martinique - St. Maarten - Antiguilla

Online Users: 1,284 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9

mrc Posts : 23 Registered: 1/10/07
Barbados - St. Luica - Martinique - St. Maarten - Antiguilla
Posted: Jul 3, 2007 12:44 PM

Anyone been to Barbados? We're thinking about split our time up between two islands but not sure which two to pick. We'd like to choose two that are near eachother to save on flights. We were thinking either:

Barbados - St. Lucia

St. Lucia - Martinique

St. Maarten - Antiguilla

Any suggestions????

KMAC11 Posts : 138 Registered: 4/25/07
Re: Barbados - St. Luica - Martinique - St. Maarten - Antiguilla
Posted: Jul 3, 2007 12:46 PM Go to message in response to: mrc

I've been to Barbados...it's gorgeous.  I can't really offer any advice as to accomidations though....I stoped there during a cruise. 

http://kellydavid.weddingannouncer.com/ 

** K **

jenle Posts : 62 Registered: 4/7/07
Posted: Jul 3, 2007 7:48 PM Go to message in response to: mrc

Do you mean Antigua, or Anguilla?  I researched Anguilla when I was looking for honeymoon destinations, and it is GORGEOUS, but extremely expensive. There are supposedly only two top-of-the line resorts on the island, and their room rates were outrageous.  Unless you are really looking to splurge on your honeymoon, which we weren't.  I've only been to the Dutch side of St. Maarten, and I didn't like it.  I've heard the French side is much nicer.  Barbados and St. Lucia are both supposed to be beautiful islands, and more affordable than Anguilla.

Dancer Posts : 316 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Jul 4, 2007 4:58 PM Go to message in response to: mrc

I've been to every island you've mentioned except Anguilla. St. Lucia is one of the most beautiful islands i've ever seen (and i've been to most of them). Tortola in the British Virgin Islands is also gorgeous. i love slow days and exciting night, with great shopping and beautiful beaches. You can't always find these things on one island so its great that your looking into two. Martinique and St. Maarten weren't anything special in my opinion. Barbados has great food, St. Lucia is breathtaking. Good luck!

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Jul 5, 2007 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: mrc

We went to St. Lucia for our honeymoon and it was beautiful.  We loved it there!

We also looked into Martinique and St. Maarten, but there seemed to be a lack of stuff to do.  So, we were afraid we would get bored.

The other islands of Antigua and Anguilla looked nice too.  But they didn't look as fun or like they had as much stuff to do as St. Luica.  St. Lucia is an excellent balance of fun and relaxation!

mrc Posts : 23 Registered: 1/10/07
Posted: Jul 5, 2007 7:35 PM Go to message in response to: LizS

Thanks Everyone! We booked St. Lucia for 9 days.

elitegrp Posts : 1,048 Registered: 9/12/06
Posted: Jul 12, 2007 9:01 PM Go to message in response to: mrc

where are you going?  I am going there in three weeks.. it is my favorite island.. by far.  I know everything there is to know about it.... let me know and I can give you some pointers before you go.

Cool Have a great day! and Congrats to you

Tammy

shelsgrl Posts : 164 Registered: 5/31/07
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 4:44 PM Go to message in response to: elitegrp

Where would you recommend to stay?  My FH and I are thinking about Ladera...looks beautiful, and not the most expensive...

NatSeptBride Posts : 888 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jul 19, 2007 11:30 AM Go to message in response to: mrc

We went to Antigua.... It was awful, definately don't recommend it.

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Jul 19, 2007 3:52 PM Go to message in response to: shelsgrl

When are you going there?  We went in June/ July and it was VERY humid.  So, for that time of year make sure you have a room with an a/c.  St. Lucia has extremely high humidity!!!  I would not have stayed at Ladera in the months we went.  I had a friend that stayed there in January and said it was alright then.

We stayed at the Sandals Regency.  I have pictures in my profile and we had a very positive experience.  Much to do, see, relax and the food was great too!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine