anyone going off a theme?? Post it

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 37
anyone going off a theme?? Post it
Posted: Jul 17, 2007 10:19 PM

My theme is the wizard of oz but very tasteful. i am having ruby slippers made. I incorporated little things from the movie. My main colors are ruby and white. I did have trouble finding invitations and had to have them made. But I am a huge fan of the movie and have a room in my house of nothing but wizard of oz collectibles. I can hardly wait to see it all come together.Laughing

Re: anyone going off a theme?? Post it
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 12:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

RUBYSLIPPER, THAT IS AN AWESOME THEME.  MY THEME WILL BE TUSCAN STYLE (OLD WORLD).  I HAVEN'T GOTTEN MUCH FURTHER THAN THAT.  I AM MEETING WITH A WEDDING PLANNER ON SATURDAY. :)

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 3:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I love themed weddings, and I think both of your ideas are really great. Cant wait to see what ideas you have for a Wizard of Oz theme. Can you somehow create a yellow brick road? That would be really neat. We did a Christmas themed Wedding last year, since thats my favorite holiday ...it was great. My dress was silver with emerald green accents. Colors were silver, gold, green and midnight blue. Lots of white lights and some white poinsettas. A christmas tree in the lobby. Ornaments, stockings stuffed with our cards inside. Hot chocolate with candy canes. Christmas card menus. My dad and I sang a Christmas duet together during cocktail hour. We played some Xmas music, and it was a great evening!!!
Kelley Lynn:)

Pamlin Posts : 958 Registered: 10/26/06
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 3:12 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelleylynn, I was just about to suggest a yellow brick road aisle runner!!  Laughing

Pamlin

The wedding will be lovely, but it's the next day and every day after that makes me truly excited.

JAllen Posts : 793 Registered: 9/1/06
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 3:37 PM Go to message in response to: Pamlin

LOL!!  I saw this aisle runner the other day, and as soon as I read your post, I was thinking OOH OOH, I gotta find that website! lol

runner.jpg

http://www.originalrunners.com/

http://www.mywedding.com/vanceandjammie/

supergeekgirl Posts : 130 Registered: 6/10/06
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 3:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Our love of fantasy brought us together, so we're having a fantasy-themed wedding, incorporating all of our favorite fantasy worlds.  We're combining elves, wizards, dragons, ancient Japan, and a few other things for a beautiful but unique outdoor wedding.

We're having an evening wedding during the "magic hour", and we're lighting the aisle with candles.  The music will be from fantasy films and video games (but all instrumental).  We'll have a stage magician perform at our reception.  We want to use some Celtic music and folk songs for some of the reception.  It should be fun.

True geek love...  8-)(-8

Visit our website!

Posted: Jul 18, 2007 3:44 PM Go to message in response to: JAllen

We are doing a beach theme, but not the typical palm trees, flip flops, and bright colors.  We are doing more of a sand and seashells theme.  Our colors will be Chocolate and shades of teal and my dress will be ivory.  We are going to decorate everything with seashells, and my center pieces will be sand, shells, and candles, no flowers, only the boquets and bouts.

My cake:

015_primary.jpg

Candles for center pieces:

GelCandles.jpg

My invitations:

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 11:08 PM Go to message in response to: JAllen

I absolutely LOVE your wedding cake!!! That is one of the coolest cakes I have ever seen. Honestly!
Kelley Lynn:)

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 11:38 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are going with a baseball one. We are getting married in September and we are having it at a baseball stadium.

southerngirl Posts : 281 Registered: 4/5/07
Posted: Jul 19, 2007 11:58 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I just asked if anyone on here as ever seen or done the Oz theme. It was something I was thinking of. Esp. the asile runner and the ruby slippers. This is a theme I was thinking of for a fall wedding but we decided to go with spring. So we're not doing it, but I would really love to see your pics afterwards. I bet it will be really unique and you're guest will love it.

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 12:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

That is a really really neat idea! Good job on the unique thought!

I have two different themes...The totally look 'simple yet elegant.' Second using nothing but calla lillies for everything from invitations to decor. Then the main color is sapphire blue!

http://tickers.families.com"> border="0" src="http://tac.families.com/ezb/933332.png">>

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 9:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

WOW!! Everyone has such great wedding plans! And I am so happy to see that aisle runner!!! I am all over that. We decided on a pretty cool centerpeice consisting os an upside down "fishbowl" (withches crystal ball) inside the ball will be 4x6 scenes of the movie each surrounded by poppies. It will sit on a mirror and tealights will sit around the ball on the mirror.

I love the beach theme pictures. That will be so romantic!!!

Posted: Jul 20, 2007 10:18 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thanks Kelly Lynn!  I really like it!  Hope they can recreate that pic for me, because it's perfect! lol

I'm glad you like the runner!  Glad to help!!

Posted: Jul 20, 2007 4:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ok So I got the price of the runner brace yourself........starts off at 350 big ones!! STARTS AT!!!! Being the crafty preschool teacher i am OH YES I will recreate it myself ladies. It cant be that hard, right?Undecided Where theres a will theres a way!

5in3 Posts : 806 Registered: 8/15/06
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 1:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

rubyslipper,

There is no way you should pay someone for that runner,  Being a theatre person, here are some ideas of ways to recreate it just off the top of my head.

1) by a regular runner (cheapie) from another site, (try save-on-crafts.com used it love it) or purchase some muslin (also cheap the kind used on stages so that actors can walk on it in bare feet) dye the runner/muslin yellow.  I believe a strong concentrate of FIT(might have the name slightly wrong can be found in any craft store) should work.  ( I have also used this and it does work well to die things)  Then paint on the bricks with tempra paint.  The brincks will probably look a little more brick like as you are doing it by hand, but it will still work.

Good luck, let me know how it goes.

Liz 

Me, my honey and our kitty make 3.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine