What's your Wedding Menu?

Online Users: 1,239 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 32

Laur Posts : 311 Registered: 2/18/07
Re: What's your Wedding Menu?
Posted: Jul 2, 2007 3:35 PM Go to message in response to: BenjaminsWife

Hors d’oeuvres/cocktail hour:

Mozzeralla Sticks (couldn’t not have them, FH loves them!)

Shrimp cocktail

A domestic cheese & cracker spread

Swedish meatballs

Mini quiche

Herb-stuffed mushrooms

Appetizer – Fruit cup (we chose this instead of a soup because it’s not as heavy)

Salad – Tossed salad with Ranch, Italian or French dressing

Main course – Plated filet mignon and chicken (combo) with green beans almonde and new potatoes

Dessert – Fruit sorbet, our cake (three tier yello cake with fudge and strawberry filling – alternating tiers - and butter cream frosting)

And we decided to do a sweet table as well, that will be put out the same time as the cake

FH’s family always has huge meals with a ton of food at every get together.  We’ll be sending people home STUFFED.  I’m just hoping we won’t be wasting any food ;)

Posted: Jul 2, 2007 3:51 PM Go to message in response to: BenjaminsWife

This is why I'm thankful I live in New Orleans! 

CHICKEN AND ANDOUILLE GUMBO
OYSTERS ROCKEFELLER AND BIENVILLE CREOLE JAMBALAYA
TRADITIONAL NEW ORLEANS STYLE FRIED CATFISH
CHICKEN BREAST CREOLE STYLE
NEW ORLEANS OYSTER BROCHETTE
SHRIMP CREOLE
 WARM MINIATURE MUFFELATA'S
STEAMSHIP ROUND OF BEEF
We also might do a pasta or ceasar salad station. 

BANANAS FOSTER
Plus Cake 

And no I'm not rich but because the venue won't allow me to go over 125 people and they have a certain price I have to make this is the menu and open preminum bar.

A cute little thing about the menu that particular menu is called Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler

Let the Good Times Roll :)

Posted: Jul 2, 2007 5:14 PM Go to message in response to: BenjaminsWife

We are going with Davidson's Catering out of Cincinnati Ohio. We had to pick out four entree's out of a long list, one potato, two vegetables.

We will be having roast beef, baked chicken, turkey and dressing, along with spaghetti and meatballs. We are having mashed potatoes with gravy along with green beans and corn.

All of this plus a 25-item piece salad bar, rolls, and coffee.

Posted: Jul 2, 2007 5:57 PM Go to message in response to: BenjaminsWife

Beer will be provided.  The champagne toast is for the wedding party only. The other guests can toast with whatever they are drinking.  We are skipping appetizers.  We will be serving roast beef, baked potatoe, Italian green beans, Roll, Salad, and of course CAKE!  Around 10 PM we are going to bring out veggie and cracker trays and some dried pineapple dipped in dark chocolate.  This may seem like a limited choice and stingy, but we are expecting about 600 guests.  Only 250 will be invited to the church for the ceremony.  We did get a great deal on our meal.  Our caterer is doing the meal at cost ($3/person...yes $3) plus the $2/person (yes $2) charge from the club.  It's great to live in a small town.

Leslie

I'm so happy that I get the honor of marrying such a wonderful man.

Colpark Posts : 49 Registered: 9/22/06
Posted: Jul 4, 2007 7:29 PM Go to message in response to: BenjaminsWife

I'm soooo thrilled with our menu!!  I used to work for a beautiful winery and they are generously cutting us a break for our reception.  We decided to go with food stations so that people will mingle more (of course seating for everyone is available).  Each station is paired with a specific wine chosen by the winemaker. 

Passed Hor d'oeurves:  crab cakes with cucumber and tomato salsa; chicken skewers with peanut sauce; duck confit and cashew spring rolls with chilled plum sauce; roasted pepper, spinach and cream cheese crepe cakes

Tuscan Antipasto Station:  Flatbreads, focaccia herb crostini and grain breads with eaggplant tapenade; a variety of house made pickles and preserves; cheeses and sliced cured meats; salad greens with dressings

Seafood Station: Cajun Red Snapper; lobster medallions gazpacho - served in chinese soup spoons; shrimp cocktail with traditional garnishes; paella style rice with clams, mussels, sausage and vegetables

Pasta Station: penne with grilled chicken breast, roasted sweet peppers, marinara sauce and shaved asiago; Fusilli with wild and tame mushrooms, basil pesto, goat cheese and arguola

Carving Station:  roasted pork shoulder on weck, hot and sharp mustards, sweet and sour onions, brown sugar and butter basted apples; roasted peppercorn crusted beef striploin with stir-fried asian vegetables

Dessert Station: tirimisu; carrot cake; lemon tartlets; brownies; mini cheesecakes

Everything on the menu is all of our favourites.  The dessert table is a combo of mine, my FH and our three children's choices!

I can't wait!!

Posted: Jul 7, 2007 11:09 PM Go to message in response to: BenjaminsWife

We will be serving

Salad:
      Iceberg, Romaine, and Red Leaf Lettuce topped with a tomato wedge, cucumbers, red onion, croutons, and shredded cheese.  Buttermilk Ranch and Rasberry Vinigrette to choose from
Entree:
     Half Chicken (breast, leg and wing) Rotisserie style, Baked Potato, sweet corn.  We are debated on having a filet/chicken combo meal for the head table only, but haven't decided yet. FH doesn't think the chicken alone will be enough for him and I am more of a beef person then chicken 
Dessert:
       3 tier wedding cake - marble, chocolate and rasberry flavors.

We will be supplying unlimited non-alcoholic beverages(soda, water, coffee, iced/hot tea), and the champagne for the toast.  The bar is entirely a cash bar.  We really don't have the money for an open bar anyway, but, we don't want to supply our friends and family with unlimited booze, b/c when its free people just drink and drink and drink.  Not sure if we can be held legally responsible where we live, but we both know we would feel responsible if anything bad did happen because someone got out of control or drove drunk, etc.

Oh and we are having mixed nuts and mints on the cake table as well.

Posted: Jul 7, 2007 11:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oh, and we're having french bread.

Posted: Jul 7, 2007 11:27 PM Go to message in response to: BenjaminsWife

Reading everyone's responses reminded me just how hungry I am!!!Tongue out

We're having BBQ and all the sides (potato salad, etc.) Plus lots of fresh fruit since I love it. And of course we're serving sweet tea and lemonade.

www.freewebs.com/astrogirl84

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Jul 8, 2007 12:26 AM Go to message in response to: BenjaminsWife

FH loves french restaurants, so we found an amazing french-inspired place near our church. No site fees or anything and its perfect for our small group of 20...

baby greens

pinot noir grapes · pomegranate · pecan tuille

butternut squash soup

pumpkin seed oil · seared scallop · micro cilantro

and a choice of

Beef tenderloin

creamed potato · autumn vegetables · caramelized shallot sauce

Prosciutto stuffed chicken

baby savoyed spinach · toasted almonds · creamy polenta

wild king salmon

horseradish whipped potato · five types of onion · port syrup

Pumpkin ravioli

meyer lemon · chantrelle mushrooms · pine nuts

and of course our wedding cake....

White chocolate cake with cream cheese icing (tastes like cheesecake!!) with sliced strawberries and champagne cream for filling.

Daisypath Ticker

Posted: Jul 9, 2007 3:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Nardisgirl, and I just found your answer! :)  I would LOVE it if you could post your Grandmother's recipe for the sweet potato biscuits!  They just sound too good NOT to try!  And FH will love them, I'm sure.  If you read this, please post the recipe!  Or PM me!

Thanks so much!

"Love is friendship set on fire." ~ Jeremy Taylor, 1613-1667

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Jul 9, 2007 3:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I would love the recipe too!!  There is a favorite recipe thread if you are willing to share with everyone!  Thanks!
Daisypath Ticker

Pandy445 Posts : 38 Registered: 6/30/07
Posted: Jul 14, 2007 7:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi, could you tell me more about the cookies, I am also having a fall wedding and would love the idea of making cookies for favors. 

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Posted: Jul 15, 2007 9:21 PM Go to message in response to: Pandy445

We are catering our own wedding, and it's going to be a barbeque. We're for sure going to get a hog, and we may also be getting brats, hotdogs, and burgers. We'll also have stuff like potato and pasta salad, and a couple hot dishes, which we'll get from an area resteraunt. We're planning on asking a friend of my FIL's to be in control of the kitchen on the day of the wedding, and some friends of my FFIL's to be the barbeque guys. I think it'll be really fun, because I've never been to a wedding where it was a barbeque, and I DON'T want my wedding to be ordinary. So that's what we're doing. :-)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
imghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10743;0/st/20080712/e/My+Wedding%21%21/dt/-1/k/11ec/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Posted: Jul 25, 2007 3:42 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMinor4EnE

I was also thinking about pasta, but I don't know how to keep it warm without it getting to mushy or sticky.  How are you going to do this?

SoonToBeAnother... Posts : 24 Registered: 3/21/07
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 4:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We're having all kinds of German goodies.  We're having wiener schnitzel and chicken cordon bleu.  Salad and bread and loads of other stuff.  All home made by the whole family.  Haven't picked out our cake yet, bet it'll be delicious also though. :-)

Ken & Nola

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine