Belize and September

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6
Belize and September
Posted: Jun 8, 2007 2:12 PM

So we have waffled from going to Africa, to New Zealand and well now we are liking idea of going to Belize immediately after our Sept 9th wedding.

My concern is that it is not high season, nor low season but it is hurricane watch season. I don't want to plan a trip here and then get rained out for 7days or have a horrible trip.

Does anything have any suggestions or first had experience with Belize in early Sept.

Thanks! 

[url=http://www.ido.com.sg/]imghttp://www.ido.com.sg/tickers/wedding/ticker.php?due_date_DD=9&due_date_MM=9&due_date_YY=2007&message=2&topmessage={wed_day}&transparency=1&image=image64.png&meter=meter50_05.png[/img][/url]

Re: Belize and September
Posted: Jun 8, 2007 7:47 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi! My husband and I went to Belize in late August into early September about 5 years ago and only had one day of rain. I think it is just a matter of luck. It is the rainy season and hurricane season, but we didn't have any problems with the weather. If you go to www.weatherunderground.com you can research the history of Belizean weather for the dates you are planning on going. 

Like I said, we had a fantastic 10 days and no weather problems except on our last day, it was overcast and a bit rainy. 

Good luck and I hope you have a great time.

Weather in Puerto Rico: Click for San Juan, Puerto Rico Forecast

Posted: Jun 30, 2007 12:46 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi

Belize is a beautiful choice. I suggest instead of you staying in a beach hotel you spend time in a Jungle Resort and let them carry you on tours to the beach and other adventure/romantic trips. My reccommendation is a small jungle resort called the Black Orchid Resort. contact me and I can help you free of cost. nursesobers@yahoo.com. I am in belize often

Tannia

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Jul 2, 2007 2:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oooohhhhh!  I LOVE Belize!  Look into staying on the island of Ambergris Caye.  It's beautiful there.  The Victoria House and Ramon's Village are EXCELLENT places to stay.  Snorkeling and scuba diving are excellent too.  It was so beautiful and the water there is crystal clear too!  PM me if you want any more details.  I went there in May 2005.

Hartley Posts : 139 Registered: 2/8/07
Posted: Jul 8, 2007 6:57 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I went, long ago, and positively LOVED "Windy Hill Resort".  Google it for more information.  It's a luxury spot where you stay in self-contained little huts, and it's in the middle of a rainforest!  Way cool. 

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Jul 9, 2007 9:26 AM Go to message in response to: Hartley

If you stay in the rainforest, make sure you get your milaria (sp?) pills and start taking them a few weeks before you go.  There are many mosquitos in the rainforest on the mainland and many carry milaria.  It's a problem there.  Just check with your doctor to make sure all of your vaccinations are up to date and you take all the necessary precautions.

ninabridetobe Posts : 157 Registered: 5/7/07
Posted: Jul 9, 2007 8:00 PM Go to message in response to: LizS

I went to Belize about 2 years ago in mid-August.  It was "rainy" season, but it really wasn't all that bad.  On one day, we had a tour to visit some ruins and on the way there, it started POURING.  We were on a boat and got absolutely drenched. lol.  After 15 minutes though, it stopped and cleared up, so that we were able to walk around and take beautiful pictures.  Even though it is rainy season, it's so off and on and so quick, that I don't think it will ruin any plans you have.  I went for 10 days and it only rained a few times.  I would recommend bringing a poncho or rain jacket w/ non-jean pants...your jeans will get soaked and will not dry easily.  I wore convertible pants (zip off to make shorts) and it was great - dried easily and I took off the pants part when it got hot.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine