How to make the love last

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

SMCM02 Posts : 5 Registered: 5/7/07
How to make the love last
Posted: Jul 6, 2007 4:02 PM

I just finished reading a book a couple of weeks ago called "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman.  It is an incredible book.  It talks about how each person has a primary love language and your spouse must learn what that language is  and how to 'speak' it to you so that the love between you can remain strong.  At the end of the book, there are two quizzes - one for the wife and one for the husband - to help determine what their love language is.  he also gives examples of couples he has helped through the process of learning to speak their spouses love language.  It is a great book!  Sounds kind of cheesy, but after reading it, I want to pass it on to all of my married and even engaged friends!  I highly recommend it - it's something you will always remember

BritSig64 Posts : 24 Registered: 1/24/07
Re: How to make the love last
Posted: Jul 6, 2007 4:05 PM Go to message in response to: SMCM02

I have never personally read the entire book, but many of my friends have as well as my fiance.  I think that this book is also helpful to ladies who are not even in a relationship....This book is very helpful! I am so glad that you made this post :)

..............Almost a MRS!!!!!

Posted: Jul 6, 2007 4:06 PM Go to message in response to: SMCM02

My FH and I read it and took the quizes at the end. It is really informative and helpful in knowing what your partner needs to feel special. I would second the recommendation.
Daisypath Ticker

Posted: Jul 8, 2007 2:43 AM Go to message in response to: SMCM02

We are reading Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts- 7 Questions to Ask Before & After You Marry. We are also doing the workbook. I highly recommend it. 

Not Your Momma's Wedding AdviceWink

http://www.BrideDiva.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine