GM gifts??? HELP

Online Users: 1,247 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 13
GM gifts??? HELP
Posted: Jul 5, 2007 11:34 AM

I need ideas!!!! I can not think of anything good to get for the groomsmen. The bridesmaids were easy jewelery and jewelry boxes engraved. Now, I can't find anything that my FH and I agree on for the guys. Most of the stuff on websites are money clips or cufflinks, and that just seems too generic. I want something that they will like and keep. My FH wants to get them a bottle of alcohol or a six pack of beer from around the world, I say No Way. Any ideas for cool gifts for groomsmen??? PLEASE  HELP!!!!!h

KMAC11 Posts : 138 Registered: 4/25/07
Re: GM gifts??? HELP
Posted: Jul 5, 2007 11:49 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH was a GM in a recent wedding, and the groom had these wooden "bar" signs painted that said things like...."<last name of GM>'s Pub, Hot Food, Cold Beer, and Good Friends."  He had each one personalized for each GM.  They were awesome.  Or you can always have shot glasses engraved.  It really depends on how much you want to spend. 

http://kellydavid.weddingannouncer.com/ 

** K **

Posted: Jul 5, 2007 11:51 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

FI is going thru the same issues.  He doesn't want to do the same old same old: a flask, or money clip.  I think the beer idea is actually neat.  FI also thought (get this) that brass knuckles would be cool...hahaha. 

Yep, we still haven't gotten anything for them and we are getting married in 29 days.

Jen415 Posts : 255 Registered: 3/7/07
Posted: Jul 5, 2007 11:58 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I was at a wedding last month where the groomsmen received personalized koozies and a six pack of beer for their gifts.  I thought it was fun and practical gift.  Also love the personalized "bar" signs idea posted earlier. 

May 17, 2008
Daisypath Ticker

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Jul 5, 2007 12:04 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

What about personalizing the gifts?  Itunes gift cards, sports team memorabilia (like blankets emblazoned with team logos), video games, baseball tickets, gift cards for batting cages or places like Dave & Busters. .

Or how a three month subscription to something like Netflix or Blockbuster on-line?

KMAC11 Posts : 138 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Jul 5, 2007 12:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I forgot....here's some websites that have really unique ideas...kind of pricey, but it opens up a world of ideas. 

http://www.excitations.com/

http://www.giveacaricature.com/GiftIdea/WeddingPartyGift.shtml

http://kellydavid.weddingannouncer.com/ 

** K **

Posted: Jul 5, 2007 12:23 PM Go to message in response to: KMAC11

FH bought all his guys bottle openers - they're the coolest! it's metal shaped like a credit card (so it fits neatly in your wallet!) but it has a slit cut in it that's the opener. b/c it's metal, he's getting them engraved for each person. he found them on ebay - only $10/each. i think he's also getting them something else but we're 2 weeks to go and he hasn't yet ... better start bugging him again!

Katrina and Jim

July 21, 2007

Posted: Jul 5, 2007 12:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH couldn't come up with a gift for his GM so he is just going with taken everyone to get their hair cut and getting these personlized funny T-shirts that he wont tell me what they will say for the bachelor party  Cool

LadyBugBride Posts : 533 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Jul 5, 2007 12:46 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

DH had a hard time with his GM gifts too. We finally got monogrammed Eddie Bauer duffle bags from their catalog.
Daisypath Ticker

BritSig64 Posts : 24 Registered: 1/24/07
Posted: Jul 5, 2007 5:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We havent finalized all of the little stuff, but we are taking all of the BM's and GM's to a baseball game the night before - our rehearsal is around lunch time, so we are all going to the game together - then splitting up after.

I think we are going to get under's for everyone, boxers, panties, maybe undershirts for the guys(just in case they forget!) then of course essential things like, mints, extra socks, tampons (For the ladies) deoderant, hair gell(for boys) etc....

We might try to find an engraved baseball keychain or something like that to go along witht he baseball game!

..............Almost a MRS!!!!!

Posted: Jul 5, 2007 5:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

oh now I have some great ideas to pass on to FI!  I didn't even think of getting them hygiene type stuff.  But they are grown men...soo it makes sense.  hahaha.

Posted: Jul 5, 2007 11:37 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We're getting everyone in our wedding party ipod shuffles. They're only like 75 bucks, and are something people will be excited about. They all have ipods, but I figure the shuffles will be the perfect thing for exercising or the beach when you don't want to bring the real thing. You can also personalize the color/engraving.

I like the idea of getting them non-wedding related things (love the beer related ideas...so fun for the guys). Wedding stuff is nice but it is sort of more a gift for yourself than it is for them.

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Posted: Jul 6, 2007 8:44 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

That's a great idea, SharpBride!!  I might have to steal it!!  Wink

Posted: Jul 7, 2007 11:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thank you all for the ideas! The duffle bags gave me a good idea that both FH and I could agree on. Since he wanted to get them alcohol and I wanted to get them something they could use. We decided to get them soft coolers with their favorite sports team logo, and we are going to fill them with beer from around the world!!! This way we both get our way. Thank you again.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine