how long should i wait

Online Users: 1,310 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

amberstar Posts : 38 Registered: 6/17/06
how long should i wait
Posted: Jun 27, 2007 11:44 AM

hey everyone- my first offical post!!!

I wanted to ask all of you your opinion.

I have been with my boyfriend for over 7 years, when we started dating I was 14 and he was 16 (now 21 and 23)- I have been ready to get married for about 2 1/2 years now and he knows that- I actually asked him on Valentines Day to marry me- He said yes, but he wanted to do it offically with the ring and everything- I want to know how long I should wait before I ask him again- It's been almost 5 months since I asked him the first time- I love him sooo much that I don't want to wait anymore- thanks!!!!-amber*

Re: how long should i wait
Posted: Jun 27, 2007 12:32 PM Go to message in response to: amberstar

I would wait until he is ready to ask...You've made it clear to him that you are ready, so let him figure out all the details of asking.  I know it's frustrating to wait and not know when it will happen, but when he does finally ask it will be amazing!!!! 

2BMrsHaller Posts : 24 Registered: 6/1/07
Posted: Jul 1, 2007 5:48 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I completely agree with dlou.  My FH and I had been talking for a long time about getting married but it just never seemed to get to that point.  Then when I had just about given up on the whole idea he proposed.  It was the most wonderful day of my life.

It will happen, just be patient, guys have a strange idea on what needs to be going on in their life before they decide.  Just enjoy your time with him.

LochNessie Posts : 1,631 Registered: 4/2/07
Posted: Jul 2, 2007 11:59 AM Go to message in response to: 2BMrsHaller

My FH was the same way.  We'd been talking about marriage, but it took him a small forever to actually propose.  I had just given up on trying to figure it out when he proposed.  I think they want you to not expect it.

-Ness 

TickledPeenk Posts : 175 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Jul 20, 2007 3:12 PM Go to message in response to: amberstar

I've been with my bf for 5 years and we started talking about getting married a couple of months ago.

I know how you feel!  I am really excited to get engaged too, but I know that I have to be patient.  My bf wants to save up for a nice ring and he wants me to get it off my mind so that he can surprise me.

So maybe your FH is also saving up to surprise you with a beautiful ring?  Or maybe he's trying to think of some romantic way to ask you and wants to be sure you won't see it coming?

I know it's really hard to be patient but he will ask you when he's ready to.

Posted: Jul 25, 2007 7:08 PM Go to message in response to: amberstar

I have a saying- "man time". It's ALWAYS longer than our time.

Like when you ask them to do something around the house- & they say "sure thing". But then it takes them a week to get to it. It's because they're on "man time".

He's going to ask you but it'll be on man time.

Good Luck!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine