royal prestige bridal travel packages?

Online Users: 1,296 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 39
royal prestige bridal travel packages?
Posted: Jun 21, 2007 12:41 PM

I just got a phone call saying I was a winner for one of two vacations from Royal Prestige (bridalawards.com). 

Do any of you lovely girls out there know anything about this company? I want to know if I can trust this so I can be happy about it or if it's just a ploy to get me to buy their stuff. 

The lady said that Royal Prestige would pay for 3 days and 2 nights for hotel accomodations and there would be free entertainment. I have the option of the bahamas, the domican republic, or mexico,all of which we have to pay airfare to get to, or 3 days and 2 nights at a hotel in the continental united states (they had a list of cities, one of which is rather close to where I live)

If any of you have heard of this, let me know. I never even applied to royal prestige for any of this, so I'm a bit hesitant to celebrate. 

Christina D... no... B.!!!!

magicjenna Posts : 363 Registered: 1/28/07
Re: royal prestige bridal travel packages?
Posted: Jun 21, 2007 12:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

From what I heard all of these things are a scam. First you sit through a sales pitch with a very hard sell. Although you can get away without buying anything if you are strong and probably leave your wallet at home.

Then the trip I have heard is real but it isn't for anytime, only at weird off peak times which I have heard from people are really difficult to book. Also as you said you have to pay your own airfare. If you live close to one of the places it might not be so horrible but I got the phone call and just said no.

Sorry, I was very excited when I heard too.

Posted: Jun 21, 2007 2:56 PM Go to message in response to: magicjenna

that's what I figured it would be. thank you for confirming it. 

Posted: Jun 21, 2007 3:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

just called and canceled the appointment I made after doing a little more research and finding a similar post to mine in the travel forum. I hope nobody else gets sucked in by this!

Posted: Jun 29, 2007 10:51 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yeah, I got a call, too.  The girl I talked to said you can take the trip anytime within the next two years and the only blackout dates are during Christmas, New Years, and Easter.  I've yet to find anyone who actually tried to take the trip and failed.  It seem like most people just say it's a scam and don't go to the meeting at all.

jessd0320 Posts : 1,491 Registered: 7/4/06
Posted: Jul 9, 2007 10:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Its a scam. If you do an internet search you'll find articles about people who were fooled into buying their crappy cookware and who weren't even able to take the vacation. They say there's a return policy and then turn around and won't take returns. They charge an arm and a leg.

And they make it seem like you won some great prize, but in reality, everyone who signs up (or even those who dont apparently... I did sign up at a bridal show.) "wins" this prize.

The best part is I said I'd go to one of their things but then skipped it because FH found all the stuff about the scam... now they call me whenever they're in town. I keep missing the call but when I actually get it I plan on giving them a piece of my mind... not that it matters much i guess.

Posted: Jan 23, 2008 12:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well me and my fiance did go to the presentation and we bought the pots and pansSmile... they are priceySealed... the only complaint i have about them is that no matter what you do eggs stick.  And as for the vacation trips were planning on taking one soon.. I'm still waiting on the brochure which should get here in the next couple of days... I am content with this company and don't have any complaints yet.

Posted: May 27, 2008 9:57 PM Go to message in response to: jessd0320

I realize this thread is old, but I'm new here.  I just thought I would post about Royal Prestige.  They are a legitmate company who provides free trips as a reward program.  They receive these free trips through a company that specializes in just that.

Yes, their cookware is slightly over priced, but it is decent and very wonderful cookware.  We are looking into purchasing some when we don't have to finance them.  

We also received our free trip and are excited to have gone to the Bahamas.  The hotel was wonderful and it was all expense paid, we paid for the flight there and back.  With as much fun as we had it was well worth the plane tickets.

You can't always trust what you read on the internet and many people are upset because they didn't read the fine print.  Or they don't know the company and think "it sounds like this Cutco, they must be a rip off."  They are not.  Check them out with the BBB.  They are in good standing with the BBB, and if I was being ripped off I wouldn't go to some stupid website and complain about it...I would take it to the company that knows best, the Better Business Burrow.

Okay, I'll stop my rant about how people believe everything they read and tell you that I am extremely happy with my decision to listen to a man talk for 45 minutes to get to see some wonderful cookware and a free trip.  So make your own decisions, and hope your weddings all go perfectly. 

HollyK09 Posts : 1 Registered: 11/8/08
Posted: Nov 8, 2008 6:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

hello...my fiance and i also purchased the pots and pans and got 3 trips from royal prestige. I wanted to know a little about your trip to the bahamas. That's the trip we're planning on using for our honeymoon. Were you told by your sales rep that you were able to add on days to your trip for a very cheap price?? we were told that, and I was wondering if that was true or not.

Any info about your Bahamas trip would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Holly

KatieTalbot Posts : 1 Registered: 1/19/09
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 10:29 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Did you get your trip? I recently went to a presentation and I got my coupon. I do not remember them telling me that there were black out days . Did you have any trouble with them?

JJMrs Posts : 1 Registered: 1/23/09
Posted: Jan 23, 2009 9:18 PM Go to message in response to: KatieTalbot

I JUST came back from the show. The presenter was a little pushy but nothing you can't say no to. He was easy going and when we said we don't want to buy anything, he wished us good luck and let us leave with the 2night hotel voucher and the grocery coupon packet. Overall an interesting experience. If you're confident you can say no, what's 90min of your time if you can get a free hotel?

LeahW Posts : 1 Registered: 1/1/09
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 3:08 PM Go to message in response to: JJMrs

I just got a phone call from "The Bridal Registry" at (615) 577-0932. After googling the number, I came across this thread.

I have no idea how much this cookware costs, but if you're going to spend any substantial amount of money on cookware, buy a reputable brand like All-Clad!

Here's the company's BBB rating -- surprise, they got an "F". You'll have to copy/paste to view.
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/kitchen-accessories/royal-prestige-in-san-francisco-ca-178252

ErikaLinnea Posts : 4 Registered: 12/1/08
Posted: Mar 27, 2009 11:22 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I got the same call.... twice! Who knew I could win such an amazing prize with my name randomly selected... twice!

I was excited, I told my fiance and he immediately went to the computer to check it out. I searched for an hour to find something good about Royal Prestige and all I could find were websites saying it was a terrible scam with a positive commetn thrown in every now and then... usually followed by another comment stating that the positive one was from a Royal Prestige employee. The previous postings on this board were the only ones I have found who said they actually went on the trip. I noticed that they didn't go into detail about where/when/whatever. If it smells like a rat, its usually a rat.

You are better off contacting a travel agent.

FutureMrsScanlon Posts : 67 Registered: 12/15/08
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 11:45 PM Go to message in response to: ErikaLinnea

Hi ladies, I got a call this evening saying we "won a 3 day 2 night trip to the bahamas" all we have to do is show up for a presentation. Now.. I've done some internet searching and came across some really bad things posted about Royal Prestige. And I don't feel comfortable driving up to see this show if it's going to be a waste of time. I'm a skeptical person and I believe it's fake.. So... I know this has been posted a billion times but I was wondering should I make the trip up to see if it's legit or should I just say screw it and stay home? I thought I had really won a trip but I've been reading on the internet how it's a scam... and I refused to get sucked into a scam.
wedding countdown

Shadawn Posts : 1 Registered: 7/27/09
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 12:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I received the same exact phone call on Sunday evening. IS it a scam?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine