TV Thread!!! Discuss IDOL, DWTS, THE OFFICE, HOUSE,whatever....

Online Users: 1,328 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3,307
Re: AMERICAN IDOL/So U Think U Can Dance /DWTS THREAD!!!
Posted: May 31, 2007 8:59 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

The judging is differnet from idol in that there is a different guest jude each time (the third one) it is ALWAYS Nigel and Mary...but then a different 3rd one. Which is nice because it switches up perspective. And of course you would pick out a bad singer before a bad dancer...you are not a dancer. LOL. I try to explain this to my DH. One girl went STRAIGHT TO VEGAS and I could have outdone her and I have not trained in 7 years! DH was "I told you to go on the show...". Umm, ok who would hold the fort down while I was gone??? Yea, riiight. LOL.

But there are some good ones. Like the one girl who did the swing with her brother Benji (who won last year) they are CHAMPION ballroom and swing dancers and amazing talent to watch.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: May 31, 2007 9:16 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well I mean obvoiusly I can tell when a dancer is TERRIBLE... I just cant think of any examples right now for some reason from last night. Whereas with Idol, they always stick out for me, I dont know why.

Yeah I really liked the part where they all have to learn the same choreography together, but they dont show enough of it. I wanna see the whole thing and see who does well and who doesnt..they seem to only show the end.

Yes the girl who did the swing was awesome! I liked them.

And you SHOULD go on the show. At least audition, Im serious. If you get on, then you deal with how to handle that at that time... Jesus, if you had an opporutnity like THAT< Im sure you could figure something out with your DH and daughter. Make that man hold the fort down for awhile!!! lol.

Kelley Lynn:)

Posted: Jun 7, 2007 10:12 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ok so I watched last night, Im starting to get into this show more. I really like all the diff styles of dance, I just am still confused about why people get kicked out and why they stay. I mean, what are they looking for? Someone who can do ALL styles of dance? Because there are so many street dancers, hiphop type dancers etc... how will they do ballroom and those styles? They have to right? So do they get kicked out if they cant do that style or is it just based onwhatever style you do? I need Gin!! lol.

Like that pair that got kicked out last night, they were really good I thought. The ones that did like the swing style.. whyd they kick them out?

And whats the prize at the end? I know, a lot of questions but Im just now getting into this show. lol. I still dont know anyones name so its hard to describe who I liked. I really love when they do the group dances and choreography, thats my favorite part. And when they had to take the cdss and choreograph a song... that one group did a really inventive one with the chairs, I really liked that.

Posted: Jun 7, 2007 10:23 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I am here Kel. The reason the couple got kicked out was not becasue they were NOT good, but they couldn't pick up other coreography FAST enough. When you are a professional dancer your STYLE may be hip hop or lyrical, but you have to be able to learn coreography. Or you will have a REALLY hard time finding a job. LOL.

So the people who got kicked off just didn't learn coreography fast enough.

The prize I THINK is a dance conract, an apartment for a year and so much money.

I PERSONALLY think they put through QUITE a few girls who were OK but not even close to being good enough to win. I have a feeling that a guy will win again this year.

Posted: Jun 7, 2007 10:49 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Okay, so I think you said earlier that once they have the final 20, they do different styles of dance each week. So my question is: how does some hiphop breakdancer going to do during ballet week?? lol. Or vise versa. I mean there are so many styles of dance. Its not like singing where you can more easily adapt your voice and self to a style like country,etc. With dance thats a lot harder. You cant just randomly be good at ballet if youre not a ballet dancer... so I think thats where Im confused. If they do diff styles of dance, how are they judged? on choreography or on THAT style of dance? Will some brilliant hip hop guy get kicked out if he cant do a foxtrot? lol.

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Jun 7, 2007 2:01 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

ok, kel and gin, so we WANT to watch it, but with moving missed it last week and this week, yay!!! I FINALLY bought my Dyson (wedding money gift from my step mom) so I HAD to vacuum!!!  That thing is SOOOOO cool...me and my daughter have wanted one for years...we go to Target and just look at them.  Anyways...I missed it again and we forgot to set the DVR.  But Kelley...mary's laught is BEYOND annoying!!  But, I like the show cause it's funny, and the people who suck really, really suck for the most part, and I like to watch those who are good.  I can not dance if my life depended on it, and neither can DH although he will try...me, I have to be tipsy or no go.  Anyway...Gin, why not try out?  just curious.

Posted: Jun 7, 2007 2:10 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Kel - the top 20 will pick a partner out of a hat then that PAIR will pick out of a hat the dance style. They then go to a coreographer and learn a routine, they have that week to practice and practice. And USUALLY it will be a hip hop dancer paired with a lyrical dancer or swing dancer or ballroom...etc. So then you at least have one of the pair who "knows" the style better and can "carry" (for lack of better word) their partners slack or lack of training in that area of dance. If that makes sense. You will see better once they get to the first week of top 20.

And Cyndi I can't try out because I can't leave my daughter. Maybe when she is older, and I have not had any "technical" training for about 7 years ...(even though I danced from 2-17) and in the town I live in it is HARD to find a class that is not a joke to me, since I usually have more experience than the instructor, so really how far can they take me? You know what I mean.....we shall see though.

Posted: Jun 7, 2007 11:50 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

So I saw tonights episode where they picked the top 20. Now Im looking forward to next week when all the real dancing starts with all these talented people, most of them anyway.

Cyndi, I swear Im going to hit that judge MARY in the head repeatedly with a brick. She is soooo annoying and has to have the most irritating voice AND laugh on the planet. Everytime she speaks I get annoyed, and her big giant teeth dont fit inside her mouth either. She has horse mouth. I know, Im mean,but she really annoys me A LOT!!!

It was funny when one of the dancers started leaving the stage and went the wrong way,and Nigel made an indirect "homage" to Idol/Simon by saying "wrong door." Anyone catch that?

Lot od good dancers. What was up with that one girl fainting or whatever though? I felt like she was trying to get attention or something. I dunno.

CheLala Posts : 4 Registered: 6/3/07
Posted: Jun 8, 2007 3:49 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

LOL. I knew I wasn't the only person to notice that woman's "horse mouth." lol

Posted: Jun 8, 2007 10:52 PM Go to message in response to: CheLala

LOL Yeah Chela, that Mary chick drives me insane, and not in a good way. That laugh has to be fake. Well actually, its quite obvious that its real, but its just soooo annoying and loud that its hard to believe it IS real. Oh well. Its a good show though.

And Cyndi, you arent the worst dancer in the world. Me and DH are, trust me. I wish you could see it in our wedding video. Our ballroom dance is proof. We were the epitamy of awful LOL.

Posted: Jun 12, 2007 3:29 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Yes, Mary is annoying but she is also an extremley talented ballroom dancer (in her defense...LOL)

Kel...there is no such "ballet week" or "hip hop week"...etc. You will see a variety of styles of dance in ONE episode per week. Most likley actually the 1st show of the top 20 (this week) they will PROBRABLY have 2 hip hop routines (with 2 different routines and 2 different couples) and 2 lyrical and 2 ballroom...etc. To fit the top 10 couples.

Posted: Jun 12, 2007 4:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oh Im quite sure Mary is a talented excellent dancer .. thats why Id like to watch her dance and not listen to her speak or laugh lol.

Thanks for explaining this show to me Gin! lol. I will get the hang of it the more I watch. I really do like it though so far...

Posted: Jun 14, 2007 8:52 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

So I watched the show last night and it was really good. There were a few couples that totally stood out to me or where I LOVED the choreography.

My personal favorite dance of the night was LAcey and Cameron, i just thought that choreography was super creative and dark, and I love it when the dancing has such passion and emotion like that... all the pulling and pushing, the sharpness of it, it was awesome to watch. She looked like a ragdoll being dragged around by him and it was so cool. My second fave was probably I think Jesus and Sarah? the one with the newspapers ...that was great!!! I also really loved the Avril Lavigne song with I think Anya is her name. Those were my three favorites. And I thought the guy who did the WIZ song was great...

It doesnt seem fair that they are always judged as a couple though... do they ever do solo stuff? What if you love the guy and hate the girl or vice versa, you prob wont vote for them. Just my take on it.

Good show, it was fun to watch.

Posted: Jun 14, 2007 9:02 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

See isn't is GREAT!! I love that show. Lacey and Cameron were my definate favorite of last night, Mia's coreography was amazing...and the dancers delivered. I also liked the 1st hip hop routine and the one withthe news papers.

They are dancing as a couple until it gets farther into the show...but what will happen Kel, is tonight they will announce the bottom 3 couples and then they will dance (I am pretty sure alone) and THEN the JUDGES will pick one guy and one girl to go home. So that is kind of the save your butt round, and the judges (who know more about technical dance than the audence...Well, most of the audence) they can save the more talented ones. So it's not like AI where america actually decided WHO goes home (well not till later in the show)

LittleRoo Posts : 1,054 Registered: 2/17/07
Posted: Jun 14, 2007 6:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I agree--Lacey and Cameron were the best. 

If it is the same as last year, the 3 bottom couples all dance as individuals and the judges toss one guy and one girl.  If they are not the same couple, then the people whose partners were tossed will be paired up.  Last year when they got to about 5 or 6 couples, they repaired people every week.

I thought there would be no way I would like the people this year as much as last years people, but I already do.  This show is so much fun.

Liza  Smile

Ticker is off by a week.  New wedding date is 9/22/07!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine