wedding date..

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 13
wedding date..
Posted: Jun 6, 2007 7:02 PM

I haven't posted in awhile, mainly because i don't have much time outside of working full time and school. So anyways heres the question, is having a March wedding that bad of an idea? I have changed my wedding date at least three times and its usually because i have been asked to.. Well i put my foot down on March 8th, and i am still being asked to move it because march isnt warm, enough it might snow or its likely to rain( wedding is going to be in tennessee). Its not just one person, its several people in my family that really seems to hate the idea of march. I did once try to move it up in early may but that was shot because FH sisters wedding is in june. One minute my family tells me i should have what i want, but i for the past 3 months they have whined about it. what to do? If it really going to be that terrible i'd hate me, yeah i told you so kind of deal

Re: wedding date..
Posted: Jun 6, 2007 8:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

In some cultures rain on your wedding day is considered good luck! That said, March in most parts of TN, will most likely be cold and rainy. If you're ok with the possiblity it will rain, I say go for it. If not, I'd avoid March-May. If it does rain, could you do everything at one site? That might eliminate some of the hassle. You could look at it as, if it's nasty outside, people will appreciate the nice, pretty wedding more.

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Posted: Jun 6, 2007 10:59 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

You should do what feels right to you and you fh.  Stop listening to people telling when or how to have your wedding!  No matter what you choose, someone is not going to be happy with your choice. 

Let's see summer--too many people are on vacation and its too hot, winter--there'll be blizzards or people are worried bc of the holidays, spring--oh, it rains too much, fall---oh, it's hurricane season and your honeymoon will be ruined.....people will go on and on.......

You and your fh need to sit down and really think about when you want to have your wedding.

Travsgirl4ever Posts : 206 Registered: 10/22/06
Posted: Jun 7, 2007 12:48 AM Go to message in response to: BrideChica

I completely agree with BrideChica-- stop listening to those around you and pick the date you and your FH want! When my sweetie and I picked our date we also had some people compain... oh well, worked for us, so that's what we were gonna do! You'll always have someone complain, no matter what- it's your wedding, so do what you have in your heart to do! Smile

Can't wait to marry my handsome cowboy!  Kiss

June 30, 2007

CheLala Posts : 4 Registered: 6/3/07
Posted: Jun 7, 2007 1:59 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I agree with above posters. You should go with what feels right for you and your FH. People will always have something to say about specifics in the wedding. If it's going to rain, just stay inside :)

Good luck!

Posted: Jun 7, 2007 9:31 AM Go to message in response to: CheLala

Guess what?  I am getting married March 25, 2008 in Tennessee. But we originally had March 8th!  I have heard nothing but good things about March...it's slow, cold and the weather should be nice.  Don't listen to everyone else! Go with what you want...we had to!!

9 months 2 weeks 4 days until I marry my best friend!!

Posted: Jun 7, 2007 12:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thanks for your responses ladies. Its tough keeping what you want, well my main reason for this date is due to so many weddings next year with my family and friends. I cant say that i want there to be bad weather but honestly im not as worried about it as my family is, all i want is to marry my fh. It just seems hard to have a wedding in peace. No matter when, where or what kind of wedding you have, someone is always going to have something to say.. grrr

Angeleyes: what part of tennessee are you getting married in?

Posted: Jun 7, 2007 1:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Pigeon Forge, TN. We are getting married at the Mountain Valley Chapel.  They have been so awesome.  We are actually from Louisiana but when we started pricing to have a wedding here, we freaked! We'd rather have a more intimate ceremony, and it's going to be beautiful!!  Plus we are literally saving at least $3-4000!  I can't wait!  What about you?

9 months, 2 weeks and 4 days until I marry my best friend!

Posted: Jun 7, 2007 1:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are also having ours in Pigeon forge, well gatlinburg so basically in the same area. We are going to the Victorian Garden Chapel, it was the only place that would accommodate as many guests i am having.The prices arent too bad, and it includes the honeymoon. I live on the eastern coast of NC but this seemed much easier to deal with since most of my family lives pretty close to pigeon forge.

Posted: Jun 7, 2007 2:05 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I remember looking at that chapel...that one was beautiful too!  Are you staying in a cabin?  We are pretty set on black bear lodging because they are offering us a special but we haven't booked it yet. That is our next step.  I am glad I found another Tennessee bride!  I have two friends that were from where I live and got married in Tennessee, one in Jan and the other in Feb and they said they wouldn't have had it any other way so that really gave me some comfort.  How many people are you having?

9 months 2 weeks 4 days until I marry my best friend!

Posted: Jun 7, 2007 2:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

we are having about 65 people at the wedding. My cousin was married at the Glades chapel and she loved it, she said that she didnt regret having a smaller wedding. We are also going to stay in a cabin but we havent decided on one yet. We are making a trip down there in July so hopefully we might decide then. I dont feel like having this way that i am missing out at all, some people think having it there you will regret it. Yeah it is great to find another tennessee bride.

MiJoMy Posts : 245 Registered: 2/15/07
Posted: Jun 7, 2007 2:42 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are getting married in July in Ohio, which means it might sizzle, rain, hail or snow. Just like every other day in Ohio. Everyone thinks it will be fine (outdoor with indoor air condition house) but my sister about threw a fit when I said it was starting at 3:30. she said, "that's the hottest part of the day"

She still has me all paranoid but I am trying to brush it off.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket  

Posted: Jun 7, 2007 2:45 PM Go to message in response to: MiJoMy

I went through a wedding in July in tennessee, and survived the 90 degree weather, i think she'll survive the heat. Hopefully she will have sense enough not to complain the entire time, thats the last thing a bride wants to hear, is that someone is unhappy.

SocalGal Posts : 456 Registered: 6/3/06
Posted: Jun 8, 2007 12:11 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I agree with all the OPs...go with what feel right.  Also, there is a benefit to getting married in what is generally a slow month for weddings...vendors will be more likely to be availible, and you'll probably get a break in their prices as well!

It just keeps getting closer.....

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine