tea length vs cocktail length

Online Users: 1,291 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 4

Tricky Posts : 11 Registered: 5/22/07
tea length vs cocktail length
Posted: Jun 6, 2007 12:02 PM

I know this sounds crazy but is there a difference between tea length and cocktail length? I found the same dress at alfred angelos and davids bridal that I would like to use but  I need them to be the same length.
~ Tricky~

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Re: tea length vs cocktail length
Posted: Jun 6, 2007 12:23 PM Go to message in response to: Tricky

That's a great question, one I struggled with as well.  I do think they are pretty much the same length - I'd call customer service at both places and ask what the length is from the waist.  If it's the same, you're in the clear.

------------------------------------------------------------

'To the world you may be no one, but to someone you are the world."

Tricky Posts : 11 Registered: 5/22/07
Posted: Jun 6, 2007 12:57 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

thank you. I looked at two pictures and saw that one fell right at the knee ( cocktail) and the other felll right below the waist. i could always have the tea length hemmed to cocktail if it didn't fall where i wanted it to on the girls.  the only other problem is that the dresses which are identical are different prices as well.
~ Tricky~

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jun 6, 2007 1:37 PM Go to message in response to: Tricky

I believe cocktail length comes to just above the knee and tea length is a little bit below. I could be mistaken though.

"A kiss is the greatest form of communication that can exist between two people. You can have an entire conversation without any words, and yet express more that words ever can."

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Posted: Jun 6, 2007 2:28 PM Go to message in response to: Tricky

Tea length is usually to the calves and when people refer to a cocktail dress, it just means that it falls anywhere between your knees and calves--it's just not a full length dress.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine