Invite guests who can't attend?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4
Invite guests who can't attend?
Posted: May 22, 2007 3:21 AM

So I sent out Save-the-Dates to everyone on my list to help get the word out about the wedding.  A few guests have already mentioned that they won't be able to make it for various reasons.  For instance, one friend's cousin is getting married the same day, another friend's wife is due the week of our wedding, etc.

So my question is......Am I wasting invitations if I send them to people that have already said they won't be able to attend?  Or should I send them invites anyway, since circumstances could change?

HLYflute Posts : 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Re: Invite guests who can't attend?
Posted: May 23, 2007 12:18 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think you should send them anyway... that's what we did.  Maybe just include a personal note to the person, saying that you understand that they won't be able to make it, but you wanted them to feel welcome, something to that effect.  I think etiquette states that if you send someone a std, you should invite them to the wedding.

allymo23 Posts : 441 Registered: 9/14/06
Posted: May 23, 2007 1:47 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I sent people invites even if i knew they couldn't come. yes, it seems like a waste of money, but i guess its etiquette to send them and avoid any hurt feelings!

Ally :)

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: May 24, 2007 10:41 AM Go to message in response to: allymo23

Absolutely send out invitations to everyone that is invited to the wedding, regardless of whether or not they can attend. For one, its really nice to receive a wedding invitation in the mail, and they may want to hold onto it or have it as a keepsake. Also, its an official INVITE, so if their situation does change, they dont have to worry about calling you up,etc, to find out wedding information.
Kelley Lynn:)

Posted: May 25, 2007 5:27 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Thanks ladies for your responses!  I was leaning toward sending invitations to everyone in the first place.  I definitely want all of my friends and family to feel welcome.  You all seem to agree that it's the right thing to do.  Again, thanks!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine