If you don't mind me asking how much were your invitations?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 21
If you don't mind me asking how much were your invitations?
Posted: May 22, 2007 11:52 AM

I'm pretty much on my last strand of patience lol when it comes to looking at invitations and seeing what's in my budget. The ones I like I know i can't really make myself (pocketfold ones). I'm not that creative at all. I'm just curious about how much you all paid for about 100 invitations with Rsvps and all?

November 3, 2007 I will be marrying the love of my life. Everyday I thank God for bringing us together.

Re: If you don't mind me asking how much were your invitations?
Posted: May 22, 2007 12:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi Nov Bride, I believe I paid about $400 for my invitations (we ordered 175).  That included the invite, the inner and outer envelope and a response card and envelope.  Good Luck!

HLYflute Posts : 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Posted: May 23, 2007 12:15 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Mine were $566 for the invitations, rsvps, inner and outer envelopees.  We had the outer envelopes and the RSVP's pre-printed with our address.  That price is with a 30% discount, and the guy we ordered them from included a bunch of extras... memory book, extra envelopes, had everything pre stuffed and organized for us.

That said, I had no intention of spending that much on invitations, but I couldn't find ANYTHING else that I liked!  It was very important to me to have a non-generic yet classy invitation.  The ones I bought were PERFECT, so we splurged :-)

allymo23 Posts : 441 Registered: 9/14/06
Posted: May 23, 2007 1:08 AM Go to message in response to: HLYflute

I paid about $3.00 per invitation (i was determined not to spend more than 2!). you can find ones for less money. you can even order the pocket folds online at http://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/paper/index.html   and then make your own invites. 

Ally :)

Posted: May 29, 2007 9:45 AM Go to message in response to: allymo23

I paid a $218 for mine, and although I haven't gotten them yet, I think they will be gorgeous. That's for 100 of the pocket fold design with a monogram seal and ribbon on the outside, and then the invitation (along with reply postcard and direction card) on the inside. They come with outer envelopes only.

I actually found the company because they're an ebay store. Just go to ebay and the store is called 'sweetest expressions.' They have a ton of cute stuff that would be at least twice as expensive anywhere else. I ordered several samples, and I like them all. No one is going to think you spent $1,000 or anything, but they're really cute and get the job done.

Posted: May 29, 2007 9:49 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm making my own, and it's coming up to about $3 per invite as well.  I just searched "envelopments" in my case and "vellum paper" and there's some shops that come up that will give you free envelopes with a $150 purchase (as an example) or other great deals.  

ChrissLady Posts : 1,352 Registered: 4/5/06
Posted: May 29, 2007 10:15 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am spending about $385 on 90 invitations.  This includes a custom monogram and printing the invitation and RSVP cards.  I am printing my own envelopes, saves us $120.

WWW.MYWEDDING.COM/CHRISTOPHERANDMONICA

Posted: May 29, 2007 11:07 AM Go to message in response to: ChrissLady

we sent out 100 invites and it cost us $115 for materials and printing and $67 for postage. FH is a graphic designer so he designed a custom monogram-like symbol and obviously designed the entire invitation. he works part-time at a print shop, so they only charged us $15 for all the printing!!! i know our situation is unique but i understand why invitations normally cost so much. our design was quite intricate, and it took us a combined total of 30 hours to cut, put them together, and do the calligraphy (FH also does that - such a catch!)

Katrina and Jim

July 21, 2007

Posted: May 29, 2007 2:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I ordered my invitations through Davids Bridal.  They came to $180 (they are 20% off now).  I haven't received them in the mail yet, but they sent me the proofs and they look good.  For this price, I got 150 printed invites with a response card and outer and inner envelope printed with the return address.  We just have to address the invitations when they come in.  We refused to spend 900 on invites (that's what a stationer gave us as an estimate for her cheapest invites!).  The ones I ordered are Item Numbers 4975-0141 (invites) and 0541 (response card with envelope).

Posted: May 31, 2007 4:51 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

After reading everyone's responses, I think I'm in the minority here.  I decided to go for the whole sha-bang when I ordered my stationary.

I went to a custom stationary store (Papyrus) and ordered 100 invitations with lined, printed return address envelopes.  100 response cards and 100 informal cards (I intend to use as Thank Yous), all with printed return addresses.  Also 100 table cards.  Plus tax, delivery, and proofs, my total is $1100.  I was also thinking about doing menu cards, since my reception will have many different food options...but that would drive the price up even more!

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: May 31, 2007 7:27 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

i wasn't into print your owns but FH and i happened across beautiful boxes of them at a clearance sale and picked up 150 for $25

they are embossed, the body of the note is printed on a fine page of velum, and there are ivory bows on each. the also came with response cards and envelopes.

we figured if they didn't work we would not be out very much money. i don't forsee them not being perfect

i'll have to trial one and post a pic, you guys will be impressed at our luck!

Posted: Jun 2, 2007 12:10 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I don't remember exactly, but I think my invitations cost around $300-$350 for everything (100) - the invitation, double envelopes with return address printed, response cards, direction card, and calligraphy on thedouble envelopes.

sweetneet Posts : 45 Registered: 7/21/06
Posted: Jun 2, 2007 8:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We paid $179 for all of our invitation materials (100 invitations, with envelopes, response card, etc), not including postage. Anyway, we just bought a couple of those kits from Target (2 packs of 50 for $25 each). If that would have been it our invites would have been just $50, but thing is, we ended up buying a lot of "extras" to go along ($35 for special vellum paper for additional inserts, $15 for ribbon, $40 for minature "diamond rings" to go in the invitation,...etc). However, i really like how they came out and even with all the extras, everything comes to less than $200 for a set of 100 invitations, which i think is way cheaper than anything you'll get if you have them professionally made. 

Posted: Jun 4, 2007 12:58 PM Go to message in response to: sweetneet

I paid $275 for 225 invites which included the invitation and double envelopes plus 25 extra outer envelopes. I printed my own map cards, and didn't include response cards. I'm also printing the names and addresses on the inner and outer envelopes because my handwriting is horrible! And, I'm using the same font my invites were printed in.

Posted: Jun 4, 2007 1:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I got my pocketfolds on ebay.  They were a beach theme and I paid $225 for 250 invitations and got free shipping and thank you cards.  They took about two weeks to arrive.

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Your-Wedding-Store_candy_W0QQfcdZ2QQfciZ0QQfclZ4QQfromZR10QQfsnZYourQ20WeddingQ20StoreQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQrefidZstoreQQsaselZ15192301QQsofpZ0?refid=store

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine