Budget for Flowers

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 16
Budget for Flowers
Posted: May 11, 2007 3:43 PM

How much is everyone planning on spending on flowers (including centerpieces, ceremony, bridesmaids, etc)?  Anyone else from upstate NY?

scorpio29 Posts : 20 Registered: 2/3/07
Re: Budget for Flowers
Posted: May 13, 2007 10:05 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Im wondering the same thing? Im trying to cut cost so im thinking of cutting out boutienierres because my fh dont really care bout all that. My reception site handles all the decorating and im not doing fresh flowers there which is fine with me. So im just getting bridessmaids,mom and fh grandmother flowers. Im just trying to find out how much people are paying for flowers? Im starting to look around and set up appts.,things start to add up and i dont wanna be last minute trying to get things because we are doing this ourselves!! Any information you girls can give would be greatly appreciated!

Posted: May 17, 2007 3:17 PM Go to message in response to: scorpio29

So far I have only talked to my local florist ( I live in a small town so we only have one :) But she was able to give me a few prices:

$75 for my bouquet and $35 for each of my 6 bridesmaids.  $15 for corsages, less for bouttenieres.  $35-40 for flower arrangements. 

I don't know if these are good prices though.  I'm going to go to the nearby small city where my reception will be in order to talk to a few more florists and see if those prices are good or average.  Although I like supporting local businesses, I was disappointed in her apparent lack of knowledge or inability to answer some of my questions.  But then, I have been accused of being too anal before :)  So I'll let you know what I hear from other florists this weekend. 

I'l be a Mrs. on November 10, 2007

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Posted: May 17, 2007 10:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm from northern New Jersey and brides' bouquet start at $150.  If you look up the florist on the web, many times their prices and arrangements are posted.  I haven't decided what flowers I'm going to use...I'm sure that it will make a difference in the price.  It also depends where you live bc the previous ladys' (sorry I didn't catch your name) price are very cheap.  I wish I could get arrangements for that price!!

allymo23 Posts : 441 Registered: 9/14/06
Posted: May 17, 2007 10:20 PM Go to message in response to: BrideChica

hmm...well i don't know that i am a good person to ask because I spent more than DOUBLE my budget for flowers...hehe, what can i say, the woman has amazing flowers :) my original budget was $2000, which i think is pretty average...i just happen to like all the expensive flowers.....

Ally

I can't believe I'm marrying my Best FriendKiss

HLYflute Posts : 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Posted: May 18, 2007 11:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Let's see... I have boutenieres (sp) for 4 gms, FH, and 2 dads (7 total), corsages for 2 grandmas, 4 BM bouquets, 1 bouquet for me, 2 large arrangements at the church, flowers for the cake, flower petals for the tables at the reception hall... I think that's it???  We are using roses, tulips, and stephanotis.  Total is a little under $800, but we know the florist and she gave us a good deal!! 

kittyfk Posts : 119 Registered: 2/18/07
Posted: May 18, 2007 11:43 PM Go to message in response to: HLYflute

Katzi (did I get the right spelling?)--those prices strike me as amazing.  I know you said small town...what state are you from?  What flowers are you using?

HLYflute--a good deal?  Yikes!  I'm just starting my research and I didn't imagine it could be that much!  Can I ask, what state are you from?

Scorpio29--might I recommend buying your flowers from a wholesaler, or from the florist without the labor?  A good friend of mine did this and she got a great deal.  She didn't want complicated arrangements and we BMs (and other close friends) made everything from bouteniers to her bouquet.  The florist she used was really agreeable to it, and it is actually my favorite memory from her wedding (we ALL flew down so all the time we had with her was totally valuable).  I'd do that before I cut flowers, but hey that's just me.  You could also pick less expensive flowers if you don't already have what you want picked.

Good luck!

Message was edited by kittyfk on May 18, 2007 11:44 PM

Posted: May 20, 2007 3:34 PM Go to message in response to: kittyfk

Hi ladies.  I live in central PA, and I went to a florist in a small city the other day and they gave me very similar prices to the ones I already lliste.  I have a whole list of flowers to use, but only a few callas b/c they are more expensive. 

I'm happy to know that those are good prices though.  I love flowers and color, but I can't imagine spending so much money when they're only going to die.  On the other hand, I spent alot more on a photographer and DJ, so I guess we all have different priorities. 

I'l be a Mrs. on November 10, 2007

Jemma21 Posts : 443 Registered: 12/22/06
Posted: May 21, 2007 7:51 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well I live in DE but the wedding is in southcentral PA so that's were all my vendors are.  My flowers will be $775 and I'm getting the following:

My bouquet-Black Magic, Leonidas, and Burnt Orange roses with fall leaves mixed in

6 BM's bouquets-burnt orange roses with red hypernicum berries

4 corsages for moms/grandmothers

3 boutonnieres for dads/grandfathers

7 boutonniers for groom and 6 groomsmen

1 toss bouquet

a few black magic roses to put around our monogrammed cake topper

MrsMinor4EnE Posts : 255 Registered: 4/7/07
Posted: May 21, 2007 2:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I went to the florist this weekend and so I ordered my flowers and spent $402. Here is what I got

my bouquet $100

5 Brides maids $15/each

Grooms bout. $9

7 Ushers/Groomsmen $5/each

2 Fathers $5/each

3 Grandfathers $5/each

2 Mom $15/each

4 Grandmothers $12/each

4 extra for guest book and program girls $12 each

After i placed the order I realized i did not order my toss bouquet so that will up the price a little but not too bad. I am not a huge flower person so we are not having flowers at the reception site or ceremony site!

MrsMinor2b

sept 22 2007

Message was edited by MrsMinor2b on May 21, 2007 2:15 PM

KMAC11 Posts : 138 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: May 21, 2007 2:38 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I live right outside of Philadelphia.  My total flower cost is $4,580.00.   My bouquet is $150, with the BM's coming to a total of $600.  My centerpieces were the huge hit.  I have 10 tall ones that total to $1500, and 10 low ones that total $750.  Then add the Boutinniers, throw away bouquet, corsages, misc rentals.
Kind of makes you feel like you're being robbed huh?

** K **

Laur Posts : 311 Registered: 2/18/07
Posted: May 21, 2007 3:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I’m near Chicago, near enough that it definitely inflates the prices.  I was told to budget a minimum of $600-800 and that would be bare minimums.  We budgeted about $1500.  Our cost as of right now for bouquets (5 BM plus mine incl. my toss bouquet) and bouts (11 total plus 2 wrist corsages for the mom’s) is about $600.  Our centerpieces will add about $15 each which puts us right around $900.  However, I was told that the Eifel tower centerpieces start at $75 each and go all the way up to $200 so that could add up quickly.  We are doing minimal flowers for the ceremony so my aunt is doing those resulting in little cost.  That also does not include cake flowers (expected to add another $30-50 tops) but we won’t be having a ton of those either.  Hope that helps! 

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: May 21, 2007 4:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My flower budget for my Detroit, MI wedding is around 4,000, which my florist says is about average for the weddings he does.  I'm trying not to think about it. 

------------------------------------------------------------

"I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." Quote by Rita Rudner

Posted: May 21, 2007 4:32 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Here's a breakdown of what we're getting for flowers along with how much we spent on each area of the wedding.  We are going to end up paying about $1500.

Personal Flowers: $ 400.00
Bride: Medium hand-tied bouquet of eggplant calla lilies, white roses and green hypericum, finished in a white satin ribbon with open stems.

Maid of Honor: Small hand-tied bouquet of roses, lisianthus, freesia, hypericum and queen anne's lace, in a palette of purple, lavender, white and soft green. To be finished in an eggplant satin ribbon with open stems.

Bridesmaids (3): Small hand-tied bouquet of roses, freesia, hypericum and queen anne's lace finished in an eggplant satin ribbon with open stems.

Groom: Single white rose accented with green hypericum and finished in a silver satin ribbon.

Groomsmen (4): Single lavender rose accented with green hypericum and finished in a black satin ribbon.

Mothers (2): Petite hand-tied bouquet of lavender roses and white calla lilies, finished in a lavender satin ribbon with open stems.

Fathers (2): Single white rose, accented with foliage and finished in a black satin ribbon.

Grandmothers (3): Shoulder corsage of roses, calla lilies and freesia, finished in a white satin ribbon.

Grandfathers (2): Single white rose, accented with foliage.

Monica: Petite hand-tied bouquet of lavender and white roses, finished in a lavender satin ribbon.

Emma: Petite pomander of lavender spray roses, finished in a white satin ribbon.

Ushers (2): Single white rose accented with foliage and finished in a black satin ribbon.

Ceremony: $ 280.00
Alter Pieces (2): Large spray of roses, queen anne's lace, delphinium, bells of ireland and curly willow, in colors of purple, white, lavender and soft green. To be in a square, flared glass vase, resting upon rod-iron columns draped in ivy. To be transferred to reception following ceremony.

Reception: $833
Centerpieces (15): Two designs to be incorporated in the reception:
High (8): Vertical, square glass vase enclosing 3 entwined eggplant calla lilies, to be framed by a four petite arrangements in coordinating floral, with votive accents.
Low (7): Low, square glass bowl filled with hydrangeas, roses and freesia, finished in an eggplant satin ribbon.

Cake: Ring of coordinating floral to adorn the base area of cake. 

not include IA State Tax $ 1,513.00

jojolina Posts : 897 Registered: 2/28/07
Posted: May 21, 2007 5:22 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMinor4EnE

i live in cali and my flowers are costing 800

bridal bouquet-140

moh/bm-50 ea

coursages-30 ea

bouts-10 ea

centerpieces-20 ea

flowers and organza for the arch-181

flowers on the cake-25