What do you think about this bouquet?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12
What do you think about this bouquet?
Posted: May 17, 2007 9:17 PM

Ok, so it's my first attempt at being crafty.  What does everyone think?  The one I based it on is in my profile or album thing.  Thanks for the input!

http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/klambindy/detail?.dir=.66b9re2&.dnm=9eb3re2.jpg&.tok=ph6s5wGB55kkpYFk&.src=mail

allymo23 Posts : 441 Registered: 9/14/06
Re: What do you think about this bouquet?
Posted: May 17, 2007 9:55 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Very pretty! you did a great job!

Ally

I can't believe I'm marrying my Best FriendKiss

Nichole3 Posts : 1,410 Registered: 5/15/07
Posted: May 17, 2007 9:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

That looks sooo amazing!  Are those real flowers?

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Posted: May 17, 2007 10:04 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ooooh!  Those are beautiful!  What kind of roses are they?

Posted: May 17, 2007 11:05 PM Go to message in response to: Nichole3

They are silk (?) from Michael's.  I chose a slightly off-white color.  I took photos during most of the major steps and it was fun.  So for the bridesmaids, we'll all get together and they'll each make their own bouquets too.  I thought it was cool since we'll all "own" a little piece of the day. 

asoldiersprince... Posts : 182 Registered: 8/14/06
Posted: May 18, 2007 6:18 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

thats really cool and a great idea for your bridesmaids to make there own.

Posted: May 18, 2007 2:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

It's beautiful! I love it. Classic and gorgeous!

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Posted: May 23, 2007 9:46 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Nice!!  You are giving me hope that maybe I can make my own bouquet at a fraction of the price....Smile

love4greys Posts : 396 Registered: 1/22/07
Posted: May 30, 2007 5:24 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

That looks great!  How long did it take you to make it?

Posted: May 30, 2007 6:31 PM Go to message in response to: love4greys

LOL don't ask.  Like I said, I'm not crafty, so I had to redo a couple different parts a few times.  Total time in prep and assembly was probably 2 1/2 hrs.  Cutting the leaves and wrapping the tape took the longest.  But, don't let that discourage you, because I started working on the BM's over the weekend and got each one done in just under an hour - and those are much harder because they have many different flowers to arrange "just right."  I'm getting better as I go and it's taking less and less time.  Maybe I should have made mine last so it's the best looking lol.  My sister still says "It needs color."  I didn't want color, but she won't leave it alone...says it's too plain and a bride should have a more creative colorful bouquet.  If you have time to do it, total cost for my bouquet, 3 BM's, 3 GM's bouts, the dad's bouts and my cake flowers including supplies was $65!  The quote I got from the florist was $500ish (see my other post where he wouldn't put it in writing, which prompted this whole DIY attitude)  With the savings, I can get FH that cool Rolls Royce old car he wanted instead of a limo! ;-)

jojolina Posts : 897 Registered: 2/28/07
Posted: May 30, 2007 7:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

very nice.  the flowers look pretty.  one suggestion, i might add something the the stems. they look a little plain and a little thin. 

www.mywedding.com/lorrieandchris

Posted: May 30, 2007 9:27 PM Go to message in response to: jojolina

Thanks for the suggestion - I may add more wire and ribbon to beef them up, or a bow, or glue on some pearl "buttons."  Or I may do all of those things.  Someone else suggested using a smaller ribbon in the color of my BM's dresses to create a two colored ribbon effect.  This is one project that may never be "done" lol

Posted: Jun 11, 2007 1:38 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

"My sister still says "It needs color."  I didn't want color, but she won't leave it alone...says it's too plain and a bride should have a more creative colorful bouquet. "

I totally think you should do what you want, but just remember that in your photographs and whatnot your bouquet will just blend in, from a photographer's POV. that being said if you have a darker white dress (champagne...) then it might work or what not. My suggestion put it up next to your dress and take a few pictures, if you still like great your done, if not, but you still don't want colored flowers, then had more natural elements like leaves... good luck.  

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine