Rain! :(

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 17

RockysGirl Posts : 1,125 Registered: 10/24/06
Rain! :(
Posted: May 9, 2007 11:17 AM

Yesterday the accuweather forecast said that May 19 is going to be a little overcast and nice.  Today it is saying that it is going to be storming all week!  We are supposed to have an outdoor wedding!  I have paid about $1000 for rental stuff that we won't even be able to use.  We have a church if we need, but I don't want to have my wedding in a church.  I want it outside!  Also, we'll have to change all of our music and not have any alcohol if we are in the church.  Can I just have a breakdown now?  Since the weather was supposed to be clear all week yesterday and now it is suppposed to be storming all week, does that mean that tomorrow it will predict hot and sunny, or maybe a tornado?  When can I start trusting it?  AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!

MiJoMy Posts : 245 Registered: 2/15/07
Re: Rain! :(
Posted: May 9, 2007 11:53 AM Go to message in response to: RockysGirl

I'm sorry. Yes you may freak out now.

Ok, now breathe, if there is one thing you can't control, it's the weather. If you don't already have a tent, then start seeing if you can find one. try to find what you can control.

gregsgirl Posts : 252 Registered: 12/19/06
Posted: May 9, 2007 11:53 AM Go to message in response to: RockysGirl

I wouldn't worry just yet. I have a habit of compulsively checking the weather when I know an outdoor event is coming up, and I've learned that ten days out is way too early for an accurate prediction. The forecast will change many more times before the 19th for sure. I wouldn't even start to put any stock in what they say until 2-3 days before, if that.

I know it will suck if things don't turn out how you want them to, but rain or shine at the end of the day you'll be happily married. :)

MiJoMy Posts : 245 Registered: 2/15/07
Posted: May 9, 2007 12:00 PM Go to message in response to: RockysGirl

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 9, 2007 12:44 PM Go to message in response to: RockysGirl

I know it's hard, but try not to panic. It's still over a week away and I wouldn't trust the forecast till 3 or 4 days before. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Posted: May 9, 2007 12:46 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

crossing my fingers for ya!! Hope it's sunny out!

Posted: May 9, 2007 1:09 PM Go to message in response to: RockysGirl

Then weather can still change its mind between now and then... but fingers crossed for it to hold off on the rain.  :)

If worse comes to worst though... isn't rain on your wedding day supposed to be lucky?  My parents' marriage must be especially blessed - they got a flood.  :)

Fingers crossed that you get the weather you want.

Posted: May 9, 2007 1:13 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yes, you may proceed freaking out... I'm freaking out w/ you... ok we should stop now :-) 10 days out, wait 5 days and then freak out... it's early now.  It's going to change like 100x from now to then.  There's that system, Andrea, moving around but those things can take a turn at any moment... .I'll pray for great weather on May 19th!

November 3, 2007 I become Mrs. Vazquez! If this is a dream, please don't wake me up...

Posted: May 9, 2007 1:37 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

You can only control the things that you can control! I know you hate to hear that, but it's true. If it were me, I'd go out and buy a super cute umbrella for photos and just have fun with it.

Posted: May 9, 2007 5:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I wanted snow for my wedding and ten days from my wedding we (in NE Ohio) still didn't have any (a week before Christmas). I continued to check the forecast and it kept telling me snow and cold, then on my wedding day it was snowless and 60*. The weather didn't actually start to predict the correct forecast until about 3 days before the wedding. Don't count on rain, but get prepared for it. Get a tent and be ready. Talk to the church about worse coming to worst and needing to move into the church. They may be open to letting you have alcohol since it would be so hard to change plans now, Maybe not though. I had a totally different look for my pictures than I wanted, but you just have to roll with it. I'm hoping for beautiful sunny weather for you. Fingers crossed!

FutureKnight Posts : 67 Registered: 1/5/07
Posted: May 10, 2007 10:30 AM Go to message in response to: RockysGirl

I have heard that it is good luck for it to rain on your wedding day, although I understand your not wanting it to.  I'm hoping for clear weather on my day also.  But everyone's right, the weather changes from day to day.  You can't even get an accurate forecast for tomorrow sometimes.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! 

Here are a couple of things I found about it being good luck to rain on your wedding day:

I've heard many times that rain on your wedding day means that your marriage with be blessed with fertility and good fortune. This is based on rain being needed to replenish reservoirs and sustain crops.

Rain on the wedding day: this is  Rain is said to foretell the coming of children just as rain promotes growth in the farmer's fields.

britnicarlisi Posts : 43 Registered: 9/21/06
Posted: May 10, 2007 2:53 PM Go to message in response to: FutureKnight

I know its hard but think of the bright side. YOU HAVE TO! its ur wedding and people arent gona remeber it for rain. they are gonna remember it for you two being in love! good luck

Posted: May 11, 2007 10:30 AM Go to message in response to: RockysGirl

Don't worry the weather forecast is almost NEVER right. They predicted snow here for a week and it didn't snow ONE DAY in NJ lol. Just wait till a lil closer till that day to actually worry a lil. I mean in all honesty NONE of us really want rain the day of our wedding but I have to admit I have seen some pretty pictures of weddings in the rain with cute umbrellas etc.

What matters most is that you will be MARRRRRRRRRRRRIED. I just love that word haha!

November 3, 2007 I will be the happiest lil bride in NJ!

He completes me.

RockysGirl Posts : 1,125 Registered: 10/24/06
Posted: May 11, 2007 11:39 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well, now they are saying that it is going to be sunny.  In fact, weather.com said yesterday that it was going to be storms all day, but now they are labeling it as "delightful".  Hmmmm, I hope that's right! 

Wow, I guess for someone who is a pro about obsessing and stressing, this is the perfect situation for me.  Now I want a Zantac and a Zanax.  (or however you spell it)  I told the guy at Michaels the other day that I need to start smoking weed or doing Valium so I can get through the wedding.  Of course I was joking, but it feels true.

Oh well, at least there is a big vacation at the end of this!

Posted: May 11, 2007 11:48 AM Go to message in response to: RockysGirl

8 days!  Just focus on DELIGHTFUL! Where in the country are you again?

November 3, 2007 I become Mrs. Vazquez! If this is a dream, please don't wake me up...

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine