too soon?

Online Users: 1,297 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 18
Re: too soon?
Posted: Apr 27, 2007 10:51 PM Go to message in response to: cll

Congratulations! I agree with everyone here who say that the only person who can judge whether you're ready is yourself. It's normal for even people much older to be scared or nervous because marriage is a big step (no more partying for the reasons your single friends do for one!). It's also normal for people to have long engagements now and, really, I don't think anyone has the right to be critical of a long engagement or getting married young because you two are the only people who matter when it come to this! As long as the majority of people you care for are supportive then who cares?! :)

♥ Lili

hairdogri Posts : 18 Registered: 2/4/07
Posted: May 7, 2007 11:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think the feelings you are having are totally normal-at least I sure hope they are!!  We have been together 7 years.  I am 33, he's 40, and I admit I have had moments of panic even though I know that I want to marry him more than anything.

We got engaged in January and have yet to pick a date, but we like 12/31/09.  He likes it because it will be easy to remember.  I like it because it is the 10th anniversary of our first date.  When we tell people we are thinking about getting married in 2009, we get "that's so far away," or that clearly disapproving "oh."  I then tell people that the average wedding costs $27,000 and we need time to save up as we are NOT going into debt to pay for it.  That usually gets people to understand why we are having such a long (in their opinions) engagement.

Posted: May 16, 2007 7:33 PM Go to message in response to: cll

awwwww sweety, dont worry it will be ok. I m also 22 and I did the same thing. I was so excited and i started planning and then I STOPPED. I was scared. forever is a long time! and I have been through alot and as this point I m very good at sharing my feelings, one of the reasons my FH fell in love with me, and I told him what I was feeling but it took me a bit longer to figure out why. I m still in college and he is 24 and 7 years into a career and I was afraid that I would still be going though changes and he wouldnt be and that would make things very difficult and there is more to it but he said that we can wait as long as I wanted and we decided to wait untill I finish college and he goes back to school and now he tell people if they ask that we are getting married in 2016, and when they ask why we laugh and he says that it sounded good. my advice is to give it soem time, and see how you feel try not to feel the pressure just be in love and be sure you are telling you FH how you are feeling all the time, he might be able to put you at ease. good luck and search you soul.

cll Posts : 270 Registered: 2/10/07
Posted: May 20, 2007 8:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thanks ladies for all of your advice.

I really appreciate it. I know I love him and my heart tells me its right so I am going to follow my heart. My mom will just have to understand and get off my back about it. I feel like I am making the best decisions for me and my FH. We are happy with it.

Marrying my best friend who I can't imagine being without!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine