Feeling a lil' insecure....

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

TheeFutureMrsH Posts : 15 Registered: 4/30/07
Feeling a lil' insecure....
Posted: May 7, 2007 11:02 AM

I really hurt my FH feelings this weekend (trust issues) & now I don't know if he still wants to marry me. I'm constantly thinking that he's not gonna propose now... (I'm so upset) I've repeadily aplogized & he's 4-given me & has told me to just move on & that nothing has changed but I just keep having this nagging feeling that he's no longer thinking about being married to me. I don't wanna ask him b/c I 'm afraid of the answer but when or  How do I know 4 sure if I'm "THEE ONE" for him??

looseygoosey Posts : 122 Registered: 5/2/06
Re: Feeling a lil' insecure....
Posted: May 7, 2007 2:15 PM Go to message in response to: TheeFutureMrsH

This sounds like a difficult situation for you. Without really knowing the situation or your FH it's hard for us to say what you should do or how you know if you're the one for him. This is something you need to discuss openly with him before you get engaged so the issue is dealt with. So often couples get engaged and forget to work on chronic or new issues and instead focus on the wedding.

My DH and I had some trust issues (my fault) during our dating years. It took a lot of hard work and a lot of forgiveness. We cried a lot of tears but we worked through it. That is something you and FH need to talk about. Next time, think of the consequences before you act. It's hard, I know, but in the long run it's so much better that way. 

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see." John Burroughs

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: May 13, 2007 11:10 AM Go to message in response to: TheeFutureMrsH

Well, is he "THEE ONE" for you?  If he is then do some thinking- try to figure out why you have these trust issues, exactly what they are (trust with money, with other women, etc.), and try to work through them on your own.  If you can't then I strongly recommend working with a therapist.  I have a WONDERFUL therapist who has helped me during an extended illness that occurred throughout my engagement and is still here 7 months after my wedding.  My illness affects everything in my life, including my relationship with DH.  We are an incredibly strong couple otherwise but sometimes life throws you things you don't know how to deal with and it can help immensely to have a third party listen to both sides. 

Also, you need to communicate with your FH.  If you have a nagging feeling he no longer wants to marry you then you could be picking up on some subtle signals he is sending your way or just being paranoid.  You will never know until you talk about it and the sooner you do the sooner you can get past it.  Best of luck to you both!

xNikkiHeartsMikex Posts : 341 Registered: 2/19/07
Posted: May 17, 2007 3:30 PM Go to message in response to: TheeFutureMrsH

Kind of crappy but, if he says that he's over it he's either:

a) over it

or

b) doesn't want to talk about it

Either way pressing the issue and nagging him will only make it worse. The best answer to the problem is just to show him through your actions that you love him and are sorry. If a long time goes by and he doesn't ever propose or things become tense, then address the situation again and be direct and open about it.

imghttp://www.tickercentral.com/view/7xoe/1.png[/img]

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine