Father/Daughter Dance

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7
Father/Daughter Dance
Posted: May 2, 2007 4:16 PM

I need some help in finding the right song. My father left when I was small, and my step dad raised me. Unfortunatley, he passed away a few years ago. My baby brother will be dancing with me for the father/daughter dance, and I am not sure what song to dance to.

I want the song to say something about him looking down on us and always being there for us. Does anyone know of a song that might be appropriate?

Thanks

Amber

RomanticGirl Posts : 777 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Father/Daughter Dance
Posted: May 2, 2007 4:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oh yes I do. "Someone to Watch Over Me". although it does have some lyrics that refer to romance.

Or "Lullabye My Angel" by Billy Joel. It talks about how after he is gone he will still go on in his daughter.

britnicarlisi Posts : 43 Registered: 9/21/06
Posted: May 3, 2007 3:21 PM Go to message in response to: RomanticGirl

This sint much of a "shining down on us " song but here a few that i think are cute. Loui armstrong "wonderful world", or "wind beneath my wings" (the one on the movie Beaches?) also...."im so proud" I belive its the temptations. Hope this helps a bit! good luck!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]<br />imghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10716;2/st/20081011/e/Till+Our+Wedding%21%21/dt/-3/k/7d58/event.png[/img]<br />[/url]<br />

Posted: May 7, 2007 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: RomanticGirl

Thanks a lot

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: May 7, 2007 6:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

How about You Are the Sunshine Of My Life by Stevie Wonder? The song is beautiful, and the lyrics are PERFECT because they work really well as a song from you to dad, dad looking down on you and brother, brother to you, you to brother all at once. Such a sweet song too. We used it for my father daugther dance and its just the cutest song. Also, its SWEET but not soooo sad that everyone will be balling their eyes out. Its just right.

"Youare the sunshine of my life,thats why Ill always be around"

That line especially is perfect.:)

Kelley Lynn:)

Posted: May 10, 2007 2:41 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Thanks. I never thought of that song.

49ersfanatic Posts : 581 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: May 10, 2007 7:03 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My brother danced with me for the father/daughter dance and we danced to "Time To Say Goodbye" by Andre Bocelli.

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: May 10, 2007 7:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

There's Luther Vandross "Dance with my father", a song he wrote for his dad after he passed away.

Another idea:  "They can't take that away from me".  There's probably loads of people who have sung it, but my personal favorite is an Ella Fitgerald & Louis Armstrong version.  The song is about how no one can ever take away your memories of that one special person. 

------------------------------------------------------------

"I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." Quote by Rita Rudner

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine