Online ring purchase

Online Users: 1,363 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9

AshBear21 Posts : 12 Registered: 9/5/06
Online ring purchase
Posted: Apr 16, 2007 8:46 PM

My B/F / Future Fiance purchased my engagement ring from an online whole saler. The company is called Adiamor and they have a beautiful selection of engagement rings and settings along with the ability to specifically pick out the diamond of your liking. He bought it without even being able to see it in person, but I have read testimonials from people who were more than pleased with their purchases. What is you guys's take about buying a ring without actually seeing it. Plus if he doesn't like it, there is a 30 day return policy no questions asked. I feel confident that my ring will be everythinh I hope it to be, but some of our family members are a bit skeptical.

Re: Online ring purchase
Posted: Apr 17, 2007 9:09 PM Go to message in response to: AshBear21

My FH and I picked out my ring together online.  We actually purchased it from Sears.com.  You should be fine if there is a return policy.  Just learn about what makes a diamond good and pick out a nice one.  The site looks legit to me.  I had no problem with mine.  Congrats!!

Soon I will marry the love of my life!
Daisypath Ticker

italia2007 Posts : 38 Registered: 4/18/07
Posted: Apr 18, 2007 1:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My finace and I picked out my ring online together from bluenile.  we chose the diamond and setting.  It came in 5 days and was fabu!  We are thinking about getting our wedding bands from there as well. 

Posted: Apr 28, 2007 11:31 AM Go to message in response to: AshBear21

My FH and I picked my ring out from Bluenile.com (ok, maybe I told him which one I liked...).  And it's more beautiful in person.  I wouldn't have picked a ring any other way, it just seems much more relaxed then being in a store with someone there watching your every move, etc.

Posted: Apr 29, 2007 8:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

my fiance bought my engagement ring from bluenile as well!  he had already checked it out and then showed me the site, and surprisingly, the setting and diamond that i loved was the one he had in the back of his mind!  so he bought it for me and it is BEAUTIFUL!!  you can select as high quality diamond as you want.  for example, if clarity and color are important to you, it allows you to pick what "levels" you want and shows you what's available.  plus the diamonds are not blood diamonds and are very reasonably priced!  i get compliments all the time on mine!  it's only about half a carat, but people say it looks more like 3/4 to a full carat because of it's amazing sparkle!  yes, it sucked because i didn't get to go to a jewelry store to try on different rings, but i loooove mine!  we decided to not buy the matching band from bluenile so i got to try on wedding bands at other jewelers!  i would definitely buy online, especially if you're picky (or like in my case, your fiance is picky!) about the quality of the diamond or if you don't want to deal w/ salespeople.  hope your ring is beautiful!

Posted: Apr 30, 2007 2:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH bought my ring on blunile too!  He was very intentional about buying a ring that he fell in love with for me and felt good giving me.  We had looked at rings together but he wanted to make the final decision on the ring and surprise me.  My ring is actually a ruby with a smaller diamond on either side set in white gold.  It's far more unique than anything we looked at together.  He actually tried to buy a ring for me at a jeweler but customer service was bad and he felt so much pressure that he walked out of the store withouth buying the ring.  The internet was a good option for us because it allowed my FH the freedom to take his time and find a ring that really fit my personality and our relationship-without the pressure of a store.  We are going to pick out our wedding bands at a local jeweler that came highly recommended and will be a momento of our time here in Boston as well as a symbol of our love and devotion.  This is our unique experience.  Don't let anyone talk you out of yours.  If you want to buy your rings online GO FOR IT!

I'M MARRYING THE LOVE OF MY LIFE OCTOBER 6, 2007!Smile

mcchica Posts : 7 Registered: 4/22/07
Posted: Apr 30, 2007 5:46 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My ring came from Blue Nile too! I love it. He actually showed it to me before Christmas and told me he was helping a friend pick up rings. It came pretty fast and it is gorgeous! I think we will buy our wedding bands from there as well.

Posted: May 2, 2007 8:36 PM Go to message in response to: mcchica

My Fiance to be, finally got the ring in the mail on Tuesday and absolutely LOVES it!! He can't stop looking at it and keeps calling me on the phone because we are in a long distance realtionship to tell me how excited he is and how he can't stop looking at the ring. It is everything he expected it to be and so much more. The quality of the stone and the sparkle will be admired by all to see! I am going up to Ocala this Friday to visit my BF for a week and I know he is planning to propose! So the next time you hear from me I will be officially engaged to my Best Friend and the Love of my Life!

Posted: May 11, 2007 12:26 PM Go to message in response to: AshBear21

LADIES THE RING IS GORGEOUS AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! EVERYONE WHO HAS SEEN THE RING IS IMPRESSED WITH THE QUALITY OF THE RING AND I RECEIVE NOTHING BUT COMPLIMENTS ABOUT IT! NOW I AM OFFICIALLY A BRIDE TO BE AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!

Posted: May 11, 2007 12:45 PM Go to message in response to: AshBear21

My FH and I bought mine online too from the-way-we-were.com.  they sell antique engangement rings and the ring was PERFECT and very one of a kind.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine