Favorite MOVIES and TVSHOWS!!!..and their Greatest Quotes!

Online Users: 1,259 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 148

NovemberBride19 Posts : 519 Registered: 8/27/06
Re: Favorite MOVIES and TVSHOWS!!!..and their Greatest Quotes!
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 10:46 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley, I think storm's first one is from the notebook the second is just the song to me and the third is from gone with the wind, I think.   

storm0075 Posts : 416 Registered: 7/9/06
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 5:47 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelly, I know that second quote and I can't remember what movie it is. The first one I have no clue!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 8:40 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Storm, my first quote "six years later, you find yourself singing Surry With a Fringe on Top, in front of IRA" is from When Harry Met Sally.

The second one "Not funny ha-ha, funny Queer" is from Slingblade. The scene in the diner with him and John Ritter.

And yeah, the third one is Good Will Hunting.

This game is SO FUN even though I suck big time at it.

Kelley Lynn:)

mrslilysolovely Posts : 2,130 Registered: 7/24/06
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 10:20 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I have a lil funny from Frasier...

Niles (Frasier's brother) receives a call from a distraught Maris ( his eccentric, heiress, spouse that is a main character, but no one ever sees her (once I saw her shadow), she is defined by the family's remarks and discussions about her absences from family gatherings and her neurotic behaviors)

As Niles is leaving to calm Maris after her plastic surgery (the first of many), he says to the family:

'If anyone needs me, I will be at the hospital tonight"

Frasier: " You'll be there all night?"

Niles: " yes, the doctor feels that it is best for Maris if we create a setting that feels like home...so I slipped a pearl-handled pistol under her pillow and booked myself a room across the hall."

"Our brightest blazes of gladness are 

commonly kindled by unexpected 

sparks." - Samuel Johnson (1709-84)              

"

Posted: Apr 27, 2007 4:24 PM Go to message in response to: mrslilysolovely

Anyone like Made In America with Ted Danson and Whoopie Goldberg??

I get such a kick outta that one - Will  Smith and Jennifer Tilly are in it, too!

Here is my very favorite line...Whoopie and Ted are having a fight about her daughter...

Sarah: Are you givin' me FACE!?

Hal: What the hell's THAT mean?

lolol - it's a great ride!!!

and I thought of another good one - The Crew...retired mobsters in South Beach - lolol...soo good - Richard Dreyfuss, Burt Reynolds, Dan Hedaya...so much fun - Carrie-Anne Moss, Jeremy Piven and Jen Tilly again and  Lainie Kazan (Fat Greek Wedding mom)- this one is a hell of a show...

Pepper Lowenstein (lainie kazan): You torched my house?
Mike "The Brick" Donatelli(Dan Hedaya): We had to make it look like an accident.
Pepper Lowenstein: Oh my God! That house was going to be featured in Better Homes & Gardens.
Bobby Bartellemeo(Richard Dreyfus): Well, you can still be in Gardens

------

Joey 'Bats' Pistella( Burt Reynolds): I thought you said the good times were gonna last forever.
Bobby Bartellemeo: I thought we'd be dead by now

Have a great weekend ladies!!!!!

"Our brightest blazes of gladness are 

commonly kindled by unexpected 

sparks." - Samuel Johnson (1709-84)              

"

Posted: Apr 30, 2007 9:51 AM Go to message in response to: mrslilysolovely

Here's a couple more, the Breakfast Club, and 16 Candles. I couldn't stop watching those when I was younger and still love them! Especially 16 Candles,,, there's just something about it! Especialy Long Duc Dong!! Can't help but laugh at the things that come out of his mouth!!!

CrystalCool June 20th 2008 I marry the person who "gets" me!!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;60/st/20080620/e/our+wedding%21%21%21%21+/dt/-

Posted: Apr 30, 2007 10:33 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Grandma Helen: Oh Sam, let me take a look at you. Fred, she's gotten her boobies.
Grandpa Fred: I better get my magnifying glass. Ha Ha Ha.
Grandma Helen: Oh, and they are so PERKY.

Grandma Helen:
Samantha: I can't believe my grandmother actually felt me up.

Caroline: Who's he?
Jake: That's me.
Caroline: Who are you?
Jake: I'm him.
Caroline: Oh, ok.

The Geek: This information cannot leave this room. Ok? It would devastate my reputation as a dude.
Samantha: No problem.
The Geek: I've never bagged a babe. I'm not a stud.

I love Sixteen Candles!!!! So funny. All those old classic 80s movies are just great.

Posted: May 7, 2007 9:05 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Ok so Friday night Dh and I watched Sixteen Candles again. He has it ondvd and I didnt even know this whole time. It was so funny yet again. Whenever we go to sleep now, he says "goodnight my American girlfriendd"...

Anyone a Sopranos fan here? Only 4 episodes left, and last nights was SOOOO GOOD. Anyone see it? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? ......

Storm, I want some more random quotes to guess lol.

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jul 11, 2007 1:23 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

"I'd rather fight with you than make love with anyone else." - Dermont Mulroney, The Wedding Date

"I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse" - Marlon Brando, The Godfather

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Billy Crystal, When Harry met Sally 

Posted: Jul 11, 2007 1:46 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

You found it Bride!!! lol. Thanks. Where the hell was it, buried on page 57 somewhere?? This thing has been longgone for awhile, but we did get some good ones in there. We will have to keep it alive once again now...

At the moment I cant think of one damn quote, but just wanted to thank you for finding this again!:)

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Jul 11, 2007 1:51 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Some Cheers quotes off the top of my head:

Norm:  It's a dog-eat-dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear

Woody: "kelly, kelly, kelly, kelly, kelly, kelly, kelly, kelly, K-E-L-L-Y!  Why? Because she's kelly kelly kelly kelly kelly kelly. . . ."

From When Harry Met Sally:  "you're right, you're right, I know you're right."

One of my all-time favorite lines is actually written.  It's from the show Arrested Development.  The character Tobias (a complete dimwit) has started a new profession, which he calls a cross between an analyst and a therapist.  His card:  "Analrapist". 

Cracks me up every time.

What can I say?  I'm completely twisted.

Posted: Jul 11, 2007 2:18 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Hey ladies... here's a few from some of the best movies! LOL  A couple of my favs... doing pretty much whatever I can to avoid work today, just not motivated!

Fast and the FuriousDom: I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.Letty: I smell
sniffs air
Letty: skanks. Why don't you girls just pack it up before I leave tread marks on your face?
 XXX Xander Cage: You're in the Xander Zone. Xander Cage: I live for this shit. Xander Cage: I live for this shit. Sixteen CandlesGrandma Helen: Oh Sam, let me take a look at you. Fred, she's gotten her boobies.
Grandpa Fred: I better get my magnifying glass. Ha Ha Ha.
Grandma Helen: Oh, and they are so PERKY.
reaches to cup them
Grandma Helen: cut to:
Samantha: I can't believe my grandmother actually felt me up.
 Long Duk Dong: No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food. Top GunMaverick: I feel the need...
Maverick, Goose: ...the need for speed!

Opening title card: On March 3, 1969 the United States Navy established an elite school for the top one percent of its pilots. Its purpose was to teach the lost art of aerial combat and to insure that the handful of men who graduated were the best fighter pilots in the world. They succeeded. Today, the Navy calls it Fighter Weapons School. The flyers call it: TOP GUN.

CrystalCool June 20th 2008 I marry the person who "gets" me!!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;60/st/20080620/e/our+wedding%21%21%21%21+/dt/-

Posted: Jul 11, 2007 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

YAYA - you found it - you ROCK!!!!

so okay - now I dont' have one either! lol - k lemme think a bit...

well, I cheated a lil with imdb- but I did see this episode the other night and i loved this one...

A new neighbor moves in and that evening Will and Grace are telling each other about their date and getting ready - they go out the door and get in the elevator, both reaching for the same floor - and figure out that their 'date' is the same dude - so at they knowck on the door and wait...

Will: Did you eat salami today?
Grace: No. Did you wash your face with ugly soap?

Thanks again for bringing it back! wooohooo!  Now i must find that one I worte down a long time ago and finally get it in here.

What if the hokey pokey really IS 

what it's all about? 

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jul 11, 2007 2:43 PM Go to message in response to: mrslilysolovely

Ok, where is this one from?

"You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!"

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Billy Crystal, When Harry met Sally 

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Jul 11, 2007 2:53 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Alright, John Cusack fans. . .y'all gotta love this one:

I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine