Favorite MOVIES and TVSHOWS!!!..and their Greatest Quotes!

Online Users: 1,322 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 148
Re: Favorite MOVIES and TVSHOWS!!!..and their Greatest Quotes!
Posted: Apr 16, 2007 9:35 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Adamscookie, I used to love Are You Afraid of the Dark!!  That show on Nickelodeon was the best!!  It would give me the creeps but it reminded me so much of Goosebumps!  I am trying to remember some of the episodes.  I haven't seen it made to DVD yet though.  I still haven't seen any Heroes fans on here.Frown  Has anyone seen The Departed?  My FH and I have borrowed it but I wanted an opinion before we watch it.  Oh and another good chick flick that is a must watch: Because I said So with Mandy Moore and Diane Keaton.  It is a great story about love and the relationship between a mother and daughter.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Apr 16, 2007 9:59 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Angel, The Departed is an EXCELLENT movie. Full of twists and turns, very wellacted. Loved it. But then again, Im a huge Scorsese fan and love all his stuff usually, but this one was one of my favorites by him.

I havent seen Because I Said So yet, because it got such bad reviews. (I know, I shouldnt care about that, but when they are overwhelmingly bad, they are usually right. Not always though.) But I absolutely LOVE Diane Keaton, she is one of my very favrotie actresses of all time.

Kelley Lynn:)

Pirategirl1701 Posts : 65 Registered: 3/14/07
Posted: Apr 16, 2007 10:14 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

One of my favorite movies is "What's Up, Doc?" with Barbara Streisand and Ryan O'Neil. Its an older movie but its just hilarious.Its a little hard to understand if you can't see what's going on, but I'll try to tell you.  Here's some of the funny lines from it.

(When Judy (Streisand) meets Howard (O'Neil), she automatically calls him Steve, just because she likes that name better than Howard. Howard is engaged to a controlling woman that he doesn't love, Eunice. This all mostly happens at a hotel.)

Judy: Oh Steve, you don't want to marry Eunice.
Howard: I'm not Steve, I'm Howard!
Judy: Neither of you wants to marry Eunice.You don't want to marry someone who gets wrinkled, old and flabby.
Howard: Everybody gets wrinkled, old and flabby.
Judy: By next week?

(This part is in a courtroom and an austrian guy is talking to a judge. The austrian guys name is Hugh, but he says is like "you" so keep that in mind as you read.)

Howard: And then the trouble started with Hugh
Judge: Trouble with me?
Howard: No, that is Hugh
Hugh: I am Hugh
Judge: You are me?
Hugh: No, I am HUGH!
Judge: Baliff, make him stop saying that.
Hugh: Get your hands off me, I'm a doctor!
Judge: Doctor of what?
Hugh: Music
Judge: Can you fix a Hi Fi
Hugh: No
Judge: Then shut up!

Lisa and Jeff December 22, 2007~

www.mywedding.com/jefflisa

Posted: Apr 16, 2007 10:54 AM Go to message in response to: Pirategirl1701

Lisa, I love old classic movies, and Whats Up Doc is a GREAT one. It is so funny. I also love Streisand. Funny Girl is great too.

One of my favorites is The Odd Couple with Jack Lemmon and Walter Mathaeu. SO FUNNY.

Murray: A suicide telegram? Who sends a suicide telegram?
Oscar Madison: Felix, the nut, that's who! Can you imagine getting a thing like that? She even had to tip the kid a quarter.

Murray: A whole bottle of pills! My God, get an ambulance!
Oscar Madison: Wait a minute, will ya? We don't even know what kind!
Murray: What difference does it make? He took a whole bottle!
Oscar Madison: Well, maybe they were vitamins! He could be the healthiest one in the room!

Oscar Madison: I can't take it anymore, Felix, I'm cracking up. Everything you do irritates me. And when you're not here, the things I know you're gonna do when you come in irritate me. You leave me little notes on my pillow. Told you 158 times I can't stand little notes on my pillow. "We're all out of cornflakes. F.U." Took me three hours to figure out F.U. was Felix Ungar!

Felix Ungar: In other words, you're throwin' me out.
Oscar Madison: Not in other words. Those are the perfect ones!

Oscar Madison: You can't spend the rest of your life crying. It annoys people in the movies.

Felix Ungar: I was just repeating what I thought you said.
Oscar Madison: Well, don't repeat what you THOUGHT I said, repeat what I said! My god, that's irritating!

storm0075 Posts : 416 Registered: 7/9/06
Posted: Apr 18, 2007 7:40 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Can anyone tell me what movies these quotes are from?

You have no power over me.

Oh! That was disgusting! I got dog spit all up in my mouth and my nose!

Oh, I think my bunny slippers just ran for cover.

and last but not least.... No, no, it's this way! Grandmother Toad told me!

Good Luck!!!

Posted: Apr 18, 2007 10:59 PM Go to message in response to: storm0075

Oooooh Storm, I looove this game!!! What fun!! Too bad I cant place EVEN ONE of those quotes. What the hell movies are those?? lol. Grandmother Toad???? lol. I hope someone else can get some of these cuz IM clueless......

mrslilysolovely Posts : 2,130 Registered: 7/24/06
Posted: Apr 20, 2007 10:00 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

was just sittin' back on this here friday night...and an episode of Mama's Family made me laugh my ass off!!

Grandson Bubba polls the family for an ethics project regarding a 15 cent cashiers mistake - after a bit of debate, taking into account the melting eskimo pies, all agree that returing it is the only thing to do.

Upon hearing that mama (Thelma Harper) had been to the ATM and had received $800 by mistake, the family dreams up the items to spend it on - mama yells "BACK OFF YOU PACK OF THEIVES! -  Iola, YOU tell these warthogs the right thing to do!"

mama's best friend, Iola (very straight-laced, wears pink, flowered or checkerd, collared dresses, with brown helmet hair, topped by a pink bow) - makes this speech:

"Very well, Thelma...Was the bank concerned with the right thing to dooo, when they cut off your Christmas Club because you made your June deposit in August???

I think not!

And where was the bank's..sense of morality, when they refused to take back their defective free toaster!..after it singed every hair off of Mother's upper lip!  (Starting to shake with repressed anger)

I HATE THAT BANK! AND EV'RY THING IT STANDS FOR!!

(Jumps up from the couch, fists raised in the air)

DOWN WITH IMPERIAL FACIASTS, I SAY 'KEEP THE MONEY, GO BACK, AND TRY FOR MORE' (falls backwards onto the couch)

happy friday y'all...

"Our brightest blazes of gladness are 

commonly kindled by unexpected 

sparks." - Samuel Johnson (1709-84)              

"

Posted: Apr 24, 2007 7:45 PM Go to message in response to: mrslilysolovely

Lily, that show was so funny, wasnt it? Carol Burnett is such a genius, she is one of my alltime favorites.

Storm, Im still waiting for the answers on those quotes. I have no clue what they are from lol.

Heres a couple from me. Can you guess what movie these quotes are from? (Ill make em easy to start,at least I think so)

1. " ...six years later, you find yourself singing Surry With a Fringe on Top, in front of IRA!"

2. "Not funny ha-ha, funny Queer"

3. "You like apples? Yeah. Well I got her number. How do you like them apples?"

CMarie0182 Posts : 68 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 12:27 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley, I only know the third one...guess I'm slacking! (Good Will Hunting, right?)

Lily, thanks for all the Golden Girls quotes. My friends and I (in high school!) decided we were going to be the new golden girls when we got old. I have dibs on Sophia...

"They're Fritos. You want me to swallow them whole?" (I actually used that on FH the other night!)

I'm so happy some people mentioned House...there are way too many good quotes to list here...I'll try to find some tomorrow though.

And to wrap up, a Family Guy moment (thanks to my brother for getting me hooked)...

Peter: I read a book about that once.

Brian: Are you sure it was a book? Are you sure it wasn't...nothing?

Peter: ...Oh yeah.

...and...

Peter: When did they change the meaning of 'for' to 'from?'

Brian: Well, they had a meeting about it. They sent you a memo, but it was for you, so you probably figured it was from you, so...you know, it's easier to just call you stupid.

(I'm sure there's an error or two in that last one, but you get the jist of it. Especially if you're a fan like I am!) Thanks all for the great quotes!

Christina

Posted: Apr 25, 2007 12:55 PM Go to message in response to: CMarie0182

This is a great thread! With all the serious stuff to think about planning a wedding it's nice to have somethign to laugh at! I have to agree with Blazing Saddles!!! I still love to show it to people who have never seen it and watch their jaws drop at some of the things said! I don't think there is anyone they don't rip on in some way shape or form, lol!!  Also love the Rocky movies(named our dog Rocky), Sweet home Alabama, How to lose a guy in 10 days, anything by Quentin Tarntino, or Kevin Smith.

One of the bestquotes...... From Sweet Home Alabama, it's both at the beginning and end when they are standing in the storms.

She says: What would you want to marry me for anyways

He says: So I can kiss you any time I want

Love that part!!!!

For TV shows, 24!!!! I am so addicted!!!   I miss Friends, and from back in the day 90210.

CrystalCool

http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;60/st/20080620/e/our+wedding%21%21%21%21+/dt/-

Posted: Apr 25, 2007 2:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

LOL...forgot a couple movies...ok like a dozen.... TOP GUN, OMG!!! YUM!!!  Fast and the Furious movies(Vin Deisel and Paul Walker.... yum!), Gone in 60 Seconds, Old School, BeerFest (LMAO), there are so many it's crazy, but oh well..... 

CrystalCool June 20th 2008 I marry the person who "gets" me!!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;60/st/20080620/e/our+wedding%21%21%21%21+/dt/-

Posted: Apr 25, 2007 8:33 PM Go to message in response to: storm0075

ok I give in....lol

You have no power over me. - Labrynth

Oh! That was disgusting! I got dog spit all up in my mouth and my nose! - Eight Below

Oh, I think my bunny slippers just ran for cover. - Mulan

No, no, it's this way! Grandmother Toad told me! - The Brothers Grimm

Let me think of some easier ones and i will post again

Posted: Apr 25, 2007 8:48 PM Go to message in response to: storm0075

Here are a few more...

Oops... slippery little suckers.

That's my sweetheart in there. Wherever she is, that's where my home is.

There she was just a walking down the street singing Do Wah Diddy Diddy.

No, I don't think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.

Well... if i hadn't been "Fox Books" and you hadn't been "The Shop Around the Corner," and you and I had just met...

Ok...there is a common theme..romance/love. GOOD LUCK!!!

NovemberBride19 Posts : 519 Registered: 8/27/06
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 9:47 PM Go to message in response to: storm0075

Wow, I have never seen this thread before!  Here is one I like:

"Go sell crazy somewhere else we're all stocked up here."

HAHAHA!!!

Posted: Apr 25, 2007 10:38 PM Go to message in response to: storm0075

Hi. Well Novie, I know your quote is from AS GOOD AS IT GETS, cuz I loooove that movie!!!

Storm, the last one you put is from Youve Got Mail. The rest sound really familiar, but I cant remember. Man, Im bad at this. As for the first group you posted that you gave the answers to... Ive never even seen even ONE of thosse movies, no wonder I didnt get ANY of them lol. Anyone know the quotes I posted? Someone guessed one of them. I cant remember who, but you were correct. (Sorry, I cant look at names of people while replying, I hate that.)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine