Won a free vacation. advice anyone?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 30

Samala Posts : 561 Registered: 12/19/06
Won a free vacation. advice anyone?
Posted: Jan 10, 2007 5:58 PM

I just found out that I won a free 3 day honeymoon in my choice of mexico, dominican republic, or panama.  At a 4 or 5 star (depending) hotel.

We won it through Simplicty Bridal.

No purchase neccisary, no credit card required, no obligations and its NOT a timeshare! 

And it is good for 2 years! 

OUr meals. drinks. and activities through the resort are covered. 

We do have to pay air fair.... but I can handle that!

We are going to pick up the tickets and get more information tomorrow.
Yeah we have to sit though a bridal show... but hey I'll sit through a bridal show to get a free honeymoon!

Yay!

Though, I do want to ask. Have any of you had a similar experiance? Is there any catch that I may have missed? Or anything I need to ask before I accept this?

ANY thoughts or suggestions would be welcome. I don't want to screw myself for lack of questions.

Mom is coming along to pick up the tickets so I am sure she will have stuff, but I'd like to have some ideas of my own.

we are pretty much going in assuming it's a scam and will be looking for the catch. If by somechance it is legit we will be pleasently surprised. 

.:Samala:.

Can't wait till September 15, 2007!

elitegrp Posts : 1,048 Registered: 9/12/06
Re: Won a free vacation. advice anyone?
Posted: Jan 13, 2007 7:27 PM Go to message in response to: Samala

is it viva resorts?  if it is they dont tell you its a time share until you get there.

the only site that i know that gives free trips with no catches.. to Couples Resorts, Rendezvous, Dreams and many popular destinations is ours.  I give over 200 trips away a year.  I cannot post the site on here as a link as per the rules of the forum.  but if you google honeymoon giveaways, I am sure I come up either number one or two.. make sure you really really read it all. 

Cool Have a great day! and Congrats to you

Tammy

strick Posts : 1 Registered: 2/7/07
Posted: Feb 7, 2007 11:49 AM Go to message in response to: Samala

yea..i supposedly won a trip from simplicity brides too..any one know if its real?

Stevesbride Posts : 79 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Feb 7, 2007 7:15 PM Go to message in response to: strick

I won a trip too, it is real and legit.  You do have to get your own airfare and it is for 2 nights and three days.  You have to sit through a 90 min demo of crystal or pots and pans (it changes all the time).  You dont have to purchase anything and the stuff they are selling at the demo is super expensive(especially if your are paying for your wedding like me). For me it wasnt worth sitting through 90 mins for 2 nights.

jessd0320 Posts : 1,491 Registered: 7/4/06
Posted: Feb 9, 2007 10:04 PM Go to message in response to: Stevesbride

I supposedly won a trip too... from something called Royal Prestige, which I later found out sells SUPER expensive, but crappy, cookware. I had signed up for the presentation, but FH said "absolutely not" (I was still open to finding out if it was for real)... well we skipped the presentation. And then they kept calling! They've finally stopped. I've learned this the hard way... if you go to a bridal show, watch out what crap you sign up for. I also managed to "win" another vacation that was a similar thing, except they said it was a timeshare and they wanted me to send them $600 (airfare, supposedly) before they'd activate the "vouchers." Dont fall for it girls!

Posted: Feb 14, 2007 8:25 PM Go to message in response to: jessd0320

2 of my girlfriends and I went to a bridal show and all "won" free honeymoons also.  One of my friends googled it and researched it and found out it is a scam!  So definitely beware. 

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Feb 17, 2007 11:44 PM Go to message in response to: Samala

IT'S A SCAM!!!!   I have gotten many many calls from them. I turned them down for 2 reasons....1 I did n't like their location choices 2 my FH could not make it to the show.  The more they called and the more forceful they got with me the more I realized it wsa  scam.  Don't do it!!!!

Posted: Feb 19, 2007 1:00 PM Go to message in response to: Samala

LOL I just got a call from Simplicity brides.. She's like you get a 7 night condo stay in US, Mexico or Europe, PLUS 50% off a 4night stay in an all inclusive resort.. she's like you have to sit through a 90min presentation about cookware but you don't have to buy... I was like ok so send me all this via email I'm not writing all this down she's like no I don't have access to email, I'm like ok so what's your website, she's like it's under construction, I'm like ok so what's the website for the World Adventures travel place she's like try worldadventurestravel.com.. I'm like TRY???! They are allowing you to give me a FREE HONEYMOON and you don't know?? She was stuttering so I'm like there is nothing there, she's like well I'm sure they can answer all your questions tomorrow at the show, I told her to us my "winning spot" for someone else.. lol I love messing with telemarketers but it's sad that they use such a wonderful occasion like a honeymoon to try and dupe people..

Glad we have this forum to keep each other informed of the scams!!

Posted: Mar 7, 2007 10:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

That sounds like me. I was curious about the 8 day 7 night trip I won TODAY. I am 21 and am getting married, and I know I never signed up for a travel place or getaway anywhere in the Bridal Show I attended. I have the trip covered. I couldn't get much info on the fast talking lady on the phone, so I was told to meet somewhere with my fiance...some hotel in the Shaker Room...Anyways, she said the name so fast that I didn't catch it. So I typed in the phone number on google, and some other things, and found this forum. It has been a trip this forum, but I am glad that I checked saw it. I will definitely post what goes on tomorrow!

So, I am going in most definitely thinking it's a scam, but I will listen to what they have to say, and ask all I can. I may be young but I'm not stupid. This is supposed to happen tomorrow night. Ta ta for now!

It's totally fake
Posted: Mar 12, 2007 11:06 PM Go to message in response to: Samala

I know 3 other people (out of my close friends that just won the same thing), if it was a real giveaway would that many people win?

Message was edited by katiedorman on Mar 12, 2007 10:17 PM

Posted: Mar 12, 2007 11:13 PM Go to message in response to: Samala

I won the same thing, this weekend with from Royal Prestige, I didn't realize it was a  scam until I read this ,then I did a googled the company.  Remember how he said the warranty would replace the products no questions asked... go to their website and read the warranties... it is not at all like he said!!!

I also googled "viva resorts timeshare"... it had them on the 1st & the 5th one when I googled it... so it is a timeshare!

Did anyone else get the $500 get cert. to keshoppingspree.com?  Are those real?

Posted: Mar 17, 2007 4:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Has anyone actually used the "free" condo vacation?  I can't find any posts from someone who knows what this company is going to try and sell me once I try to validate the voucher.  Thanks

Posted: Apr 3, 2007 9:01 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

What did you find out when you went??  I just received a call and am supposed to go on Friday.  Thanks!

LaurenS Posts : 2 Registered: 4/23/07
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 5:01 PM Go to message in response to: Samala

I also won this vacation through Simplicity Brides (the company is Simplicity Gourmet).  They sell waterless cookware, crystal, china and juicers adn air and water purifiers.  they promote health living is what they say.  The cookware is manufactured by New ERa, Inc.  both are legit companies.  (Royal Prestige, another company that offers the same thing, sells cookware gives away "free" trips with fees, I've heard is a scam, go to ripoffreports.com and lots of trash talk on them, the person at the nashville office of simplicity gourmet say that she had heard of royal prestige and knows they rip people off)  I went to the 90min sales pitch, fell in love with the cookware and purchased, i'll let you knwo if it was worth it when i recieve them.  They are super expensive though so def. not a simple purchase for most.  (their main package, the Master set costs $2,795) (yes, almost 3 thousand dollars).  but i know people with the same kind of cookware who have had it for over 20 years and still love it.  so i considered it an investment and figured if i sell it on ebay one day i can probably get at least half of my money back, hehe. 

The trip is a condo stay, you pay airfare/transportation/taxes.  A lot of the destinations were in teh United States, one in Mexico and one in Spain.  the trip is an incentive trip.  The company that organizes the incentive trips is Integra Marketing.  The employees of Simplicty Gourmet get these trips too, so says the salesman.  I did not have to pay anything to pick up the brochure with the trip information and when i send it in to activate the year-long membership, i do not have to pay anything.  I activate the membership then take the trip and then also get 50% off other various trip packages.  I will not be activating until at least mid-next year. 

I cannot speak about other companies offering similar things, but the call from Simplicity Gourmet is real, it just depends on if you want to sit through a 90-min sales pitch to get the vacation.

Hope this helps some people.

Posted: Apr 29, 2007 7:01 PM Go to message in response to: LaurenS

I just read the response from LaurenS, and we actually had the exact same experience- only I didn't buy any pots and pans!  We also got called from Simplicity Gourmet, went to the 90 minute show (there was no commitment to purchase anything), and we recieved our travel package which includes an 8 day 7 night condo stay (we pay for airfare, food, etc) and then a year's membership to a travel club which you can or cannot take advantage of as you prefer.  We asked TONS of questions, and there was nothing that we could find that was not legit about it. Just wanted to confirm what I read here.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine