Veil/hairstyle advice

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

MrsMcDAtLast Posts : 860 Registered: 1/1/07
Veil/hairstyle advice
Posted: Apr 17, 2007 3:10 PM

Hi, lovely ladies :)

Okay, here's how I picture wearing my hair and veil; please tell me if this is possible:

I am pretty sure I'll be wearing my hair half-up, half-down, with it curled, and maybe a few curls framing my face. I will be wearing a veil and a tiara. I don't want the veil to be just coming off the back of my head under the half-up section; I'd like it to be up higher, behind the tiara. However, I don't want it to cover my face, I'd just like for it to cascade down behind me (it'll be an elbow-length veil, btw).

Is what I'd like to do with my hair, veil, and tiara realistic? Thanks :) 

Hartley Posts : 139 Registered: 2/8/07
Re: Veil/hairstyle advice
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 5:24 AM Go to message in response to: MrsMcDAtLast

Good evening!  :-)  What you're describing sounds absolutely beautiful... but at the risk of sounding useless, a stylist would probably be able to give the best answer to this.  How much weight your hair can suspend (tiaras, veils) and from what position depends a lot on your precise style, its points of tension and looseness, yadda yadda.  Not only that, but the thickness, length, and overall condition of your hair is probably important for this as well.

Meaning, there's a whole lotta technical knowledge that one would need to answer your question properly, and an excellent stylist would probably be your best bet for a reliable answer. 

But be sure to post pics if you try it... I'm dying to see it!  Smile

MrsMcDAtLast Posts : 860 Registered: 1/1/07
Re: Veil/hairstyle advice
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 2:47 PM Go to message in response to: Hartley

Your reply was not useless- you make a good point about the weight, looseness, etc. I hadn't even though of that! I talked with a few relatives/friends in RL, and they seemed to think it could work, so I'm hoping! Thank you for your sweet post, and I'll definitely post pics...though that'll be a while yet! Smile

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine