Short Hair & Tiara!!!

Online Users: 1,355 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 18

SoonToBeAnother... Posts : 24 Registered: 3/21/07
Short Hair & Tiara!!!
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 4:38 PM

Has anyone seen pics for short hair-dos with tiara & veil?  I haven't been able to find a lot.  Thanks for any help.Laughing

Ken & Nola

Re: Short Hair & Tiara!!!
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 8:32 AM Go to message in response to: SoonToBeAnother...

Hey, you seem to be looking for the same kind of pics as I am...

I've only got a few, but here they are...

Most of the tiaras I find for short hair are a headband style.  I read advice on a website that says these work well, because if your hair is short and worn down, you need to sit the tiara more forward, to avoid looking like a pageant queen.  :D

Um, no veil, I know, but I'm guessing that with all down short styles the veil will be attached the same way - just slid in at the back.  When I was being fitted for my dress the lady at the shop shoved a veil in my hair, just slid it up and under some of the hair towards the top of my head, and it looked fine.  Not many people are going to be staring at the back of your head anyway, I guess.

Not short hair, I know, but I don't think it matters - I think this style would work with any length.

How short is your hair?  Chin length?  Pixie cut?  Somebody posted a picture of her hair style ages ago.  She had a pixie cut, but had a bird cage veil, and it looked great.

Sorry I couldn't be more help - there's not that many short wedding hair photos out there, are there! 

SoonToBeAnother... Posts : 24 Registered: 3/21/07
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 2:22 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thanks for the pics & help.  My hair is chin length.  I like the first one the best.  I think I might do something like that.  They really need more pics of short haired women. :-P

Ken & Nola

Posted: Apr 13, 2007 11:24 PM Go to message in response to: SoonToBeAnother...

I hear you! :D  My hair is the same length as yours.  I'm growing it out a little bit, just to have some more options.  Curls take the length up, and all of that.

I ended up giving up trying to find "bridal hair" photos because it was next to impossible. I figured I'd go with a tiara and veil that looks like the third picture I posted, then looked around for short formal hair... still not a lot of that out there, but I came up with a few things I liked.

Another thing I read somewhere was that if you hair is being worn down, and is a style that has a fair amount of volume to it (lots of curls, for example) you might want to go with a very short veil - longer ones will be heavy and can squash your hair at the back. Apparently. :)

Anyway, photos...

This is the style I think I've decided on - just with looser curls. This photo looks a little too helmet like for me!

Yeah, Kelly Osbourne wasn't someone I thought I'd have on file as having hair I liked, but I think it looks pretty good there.

That looks effortless but nice, I think. Wish my hair would do that by itself...

A little bit shorter, but I kind of like this one. Any of those four I think would like fine with a wide comb or headband style of tiara.

The next two don't have a tiara per se, but I thought they were nice styles, particularly the last one...

I saw a similar photo with a couple of little crystal flowers instead of a real flower, and it looked really nice too.

I love this one! If my face wasn't so long and skinny, I'd want to go with this style.

Anyway, that's some more ideas, and just about all of the short hairstyles I've managed to find!

Good luck!

pl8grl7298 Posts : 33 Registered: 3/15/07
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 11:37 PM Go to message in response to: SoonToBeAnother...

In the new In Style Weddings Magazine they have 4 different styles for short hair I think there are pic on their website too.

Posted: Apr 14, 2007 12:29 AM Go to message in response to: SoonToBeAnother...

Ugh. I hear ya -- why does it seem like the whole wedding industry is geared towards long haired gals? Aargh!

Someone mentioned a/b a veil flattening curls -- it's true. A year ago, when I was trying on gowns, I wore my hair in a flip. Every time a veil was stuck on my head, the flip was flattened to my head. Not what I want on my wedding day! For two reasons: 1) People will be staring at the back of my head for like an hour during the ceremony, and 2) I'm contemplating taking my veil off at the reception, so I don't want flat hair underneath!

Anyway, here's another picture . . .

" alt="" />

" alt="" />

" alt="" />

Message was edited by AirmansBride on Apr 14, 2007 12:30 AM

Posted: Apr 15, 2007 4:17 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I just had a thought...

Because of the way a veil will be fastened into your/our/short haired ladies hair on the day... does that mean a blusher is pretty much unworkable?

I'm having trouble trying to visualise that now...

The last photo you posted could definitely work a blusher - but the veil is almost directly on top of her head!  That's really not an option for me...

Any ideas ladies? 

Posted: Apr 19, 2007 11:56 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

hi ausbride dont worry ething will work fine.....

i read in one veil website m not too sure which one i cant seem to figure out.....

for short hair to wear a veil they suggested on making hidden ponytails with very small bands...like 2 or 3 of em ....and fix the veil comb firmly and it would work....u may wanna try tht out too....Smile....i'll try to figure out tht website and post it

here it is.http://www.veilshop.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=31

Message was edited by josdeep on Apr 19, 2007 12:01 PM

Posted: Apr 19, 2007 12:37 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey, that's a really cool little trick!  I'll have to get someone to try that out with me... could be tricky in Japan...

Thank you very much for that! :D

Posted: Apr 23, 2007 12:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

ur welcome and all the very best

Cool

Melynda1 Posts : 68 Registered: 3/24/07
Posted: May 5, 2007 11:15 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

That was a cute trick....I'm having a terrible time figuring out what I'm doing with my hair.   Mine is actually very short according to most short hair pics I've found....here's a pic of my hair.  Thanks for the info.

Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker

Message was edited by Melynda1 on May 6, 2007 12:19 AM

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: May 6, 2007 7:21 AM Go to message in response to: SoonToBeAnother...

you guys, did you watch that show 'the real wedding crashers' on tv? hated the show, loved the bride's hair

it looked so elegant and really it was a sleek bob. i give her hair and A+ though i think her dress was seriously lacking in the coverage department, nothing demure about that

Posted: May 7, 2007 7:34 PM Go to message in response to: FALLbrideINLOVE

short hair

short hair

Posted: May 8, 2007 11:37 AM Go to message in response to: Melynda1

Hey Melynda!  I used to have hair your length and had to get it done "formally" a few times for balls while I was at uni.  Basically what all of the stylists did was make it a lot piecey-er (is that a word?!) by using a curling iron of sections of it to kink it out.  And then?  The put glitter through it! :D  Sounds terrible, I know!  It had a bit of extra kick to it though.  You can get little rhinestone clip in things that you could dot through your hair to make it that little bit sparkley.  If you flatten your fringe down across your forehead, a thin sparkley headband just where the fringe starts and the piecey section starts could look lovely, too.  As for a veil... birdcage veil?  They look fantastic on short hair!

beachgal2004 Posts : 80 Registered: 2/6/07
Posted: Apr 24, 2011 7:58 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Love short hair that is curly.

:) love ya

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine