Boleros or lace shrug

Online Users: 1,240 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 36
Boleros or lace shrug
Posted: Jan 4, 2006 12:06 PM

Hello,

I am planning to wear a strapless wedding dress with a lace shrug. I will like to know where can i get a lace shrug within the new york city area? Thank you!

Patrina

Boleros or lace shrug
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 2:24 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi sweetie - did you find your shrug yet? - I made my own - it was super simple - email me if you want the pattern

Boleros or lace shrug
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 4:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

quote:
Originally posted by Patrina:
Hello,

I am planning to wear a strapless wedding dress with a lace shrug. I will like to know where can i get a lace shrug within the new york city area? Thank you!

Patrina

dear patrina
i am totally looking for the same exact thing you are looking for! i wanted a lace shrug with 3/4 length sleeves. i saw it once on the style network and i loved it. i am conscious of showing my arms so it's perfect. please let me know if u find or found anything. i live in jersey so im willing to travel for this one. thanks!

Boleros or lace shrug
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 4:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

quote:
Originally posted by Lauri&Vic:
Hi sweetie - did you find your shrug yet? - I made my own - it was super simple - email me if you want the pattern

dear lauri,

i would love the pattern for the shrug if you still have it.-thanks!

Re: Boleros or lace shrug
Posted: Apr 28, 2006 9:37 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I would love to know which pattern you used. Was it lace?

Posted: Apr 28, 2006 9:38 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

There are several in eBay

Posted: Jun 15, 2006 9:42 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am looking for the same exact type of wedding gown!! They are hard to find, but I have found a few on the Brides.com website, under FASHION (then click on "see wedding dresses"). I also love the 3/4 sleeved look, and anything with a lacey or tulle shrug. I would love to see more dresses like this though ;-( Seems like all you can find these days are strapless gowns.  I might go with a strapless, but I would like to have a nice wrap/shrug with it. Does anyone have some ideas??
DARCH23

Posted: Aug 18, 2006 1:09 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oh my gosh!  I have been searching and searching with no luck!  Could you fill me in on your pattern?  I too wanted a little something to go over my strapless dress.  I need ivory which seems a little harder to find.  By the way, they have really cute WHITE ones at David's bridal.

Posted: Jan 4, 2007 12:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Would you please send me the pattern.  I am in Texas.  ardtexas@yahoo.com

Hartley Posts : 139 Registered: 2/8/07
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 6:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Another good thing about making your own cute lace shrugs is that you can make some identical but non-white ones for your BMs.  It gives a consistent look between you and the girls, and a cute shrug really jazzes up their dresses! 

Posted: Feb 27, 2007 10:47 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Lauri-

Do you still have the pattern or pattern info for the lace shrug?  I am looking for the exact same thing.

Thanks!

Posted: Feb 27, 2007 11:04 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I had the same problem, except I wanted a shrug or bolero jacket to wear once I took off the lace dress jacket with train... so I wouldn't just be in the strapless gown.  So the same place where I got my dress, has a section on wedding dress jackets, and I bought a lace bolero at the same time.

http://www.bridalonlinestore.com/store/Jackets.asp

Message was edited by 3fates on Feb 27, 2007 11:04 AM

Posted: Mar 20, 2007 3:56 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm in the same situation.  I found a beautiful strapless gown but I prefer to be modest.  Does anyone have the pattern for the lace shrug/bolero?  Thanks!  dchelle98@hotmail.com

Posted: Mar 23, 2007 11:46 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Do you still have the pattern for this shrug?  I would so appreciate it if you could send it to me.  mandyrose1978@yahoo.com

Posted: Apr 12, 2007 4:58 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm facing the same issue. When I bought my strapless dress in January, the bridal salon assured me that if I was to bring in the lace that I wanted for the bolero, that they would be able to make it for me. Now, after I've found the lace, which took several trips, I'm trying to make the appointment to have the thing made and I'm being told they CAN'T do this for me! Argh! Get your stories straight! Had I been told this when I bought the dress, I could have spent the last 3 months looking for patterns and dressmakers! I'm so mad!

So - can anyone tell me where I can find a pattern, or can anyone send one to me? nemmy1@yahoo.com.

Thanks! Laughing

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine