Best time to get married in Vegas

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

LawyerzWife2B Posts : 8 Registered: 2/14/07
Best time to get married in Vegas
Posted: Apr 10, 2007 11:31 PM

I posted this in the general area of wedding planning, but it's more appropriate here I think.

We were thinking of getting married in Vegas (probably at the Venetian or Flamingo) and I was wondering when the best time of year was. We want to avoid the tourist season and the crazy hot weather. And I figure the hotel rates must be cheaper at a certain time of year. We were thinking Oct-Nov. Any suggestions?? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Thank you!

Re: Best time to get married in Vegas
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 10:24 AM Go to message in response to: LawyerzWife2B

Actually...October and November are some of the busier months.  The least busy would (obviously) be the hot Summer months....June, July and August.  But, next to that, December and January (excluding New Year's) would be the least crowded from what I have experienced.  Particularly the week up until Christmas and the week following New Year's.

RDWM Posts : 1,354 Registered: 9/27/06
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 10:32 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I got married in Vegas January 6th and it was freezing. We had to wear coats all week. The day we left it snowed. Our timeshare apartment there has a pool and a great lazy river that it was to cold for us to use. I think spring time would be better. 

There is at least one bride here who lived in Vegas, Hopefully you can get advice here from one of them.

Danille 

" Men will grab your ass, but women will save it." -- unknown

Posted: Apr 17, 2007 9:43 AM Go to message in response to: LawyerzWife2B

We were married at the Flamingo Oct 24.   That week, I found that the airfare was cheaper, the hotels were cheaper, and the weather was comfortable - not too hot.  

Posted: Apr 25, 2007 2:23 PM Go to message in response to: LawyerzWife2B

We just got married on the 11th of this month and it was beautiful weather!  Spring is definitely the way to go I think. t was in the 70's the whole we were there. We had 2 days where it was kinda windy.. but not unpleasant.

Posted: Apr 25, 2007 2:47 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We had originally planned on marrying in Vegas.  Until my bridal party asked if we could do it here.  Since I found someone to watch our son, we decided to honeymoon in Vegas instead.  We are marrying Monday, and will leave Tuesday morning for Vegas. 

I can't be of help as far as weddings go, but springtime is the best for Vegas weather.  If you want the cheapest hotel rates, try to book mid-week.  Tues- Thurs.  The room rates are almost half the price as on the weekends.  We are staying in The Signature Suites at the MGM Grand.  We did alot of research and if you go to www.lasvegas.com you will find tons of all inclusive packages.  This site is ran by southwest airlines and was the cheapest way for us to go.  That site will give you wedding packages to include.  Definitely worth a look.  Also, go to www.tripadvisor.com to hear what others are saying about their stay.

I know it sounds like a commercial, but believe me, it's worth checking into.  We decided against a few show tickets because of the poor reviews we read.

HTH

April

Jeff and April will be married on April 30th, 2007
Daisypath Ticker

Message was edited by Wife2Jeff on Apr 25, 2007 2:48 PM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine