Updated: CANCER!

Online Users: 1,248 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 11

Emerald928 Posts : 155 Registered: 3/31/06
Updated: CANCER!
Posted: Apr 9, 2007 6:21 PM

Hi ladies. Please do not feel obligated in any way, I just thought I would throw this out there...

I run the Relay For Life at my college, which is this Friday, the 13th. All the money goes to the American Cancer Society, which has set a goal of having a cure for cancer by 2015. If you would like to, I am collecting donations online through the ACS website. This site is for credit cards, and is safe. Thanks for your time, and feel free to ask me any questions!

http://www.acsevents.org/relay/il/monmouth/beth_brennan

"Some find at 18 what others spend their entire lives searching for."

Re: Cancer---NWR
Posted: Apr 10, 2007 12:33 PM Go to message in response to: Emerald928

You have done an amazing job with this event like you have done every year you have been invovled.  I love you!  Your big sis.

RockysGirl Posts : 1,125 Registered: 10/24/06
Posted: Apr 10, 2007 4:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I did something like this for the first time last year - Walk for the Cure I think? - and if anyone hasn't done it, you should!  At first it was just a way to do something good and get some exercize.  Once we started walking (and saw the thousands of people with us) I started seeing people with "In memory of" signs and shirts, and some women with no hair.  If so many other people weren't there, I would have just sat down and cried. I never made the more personal connection before.  Okay, now I'm crying again.

Posted: Apr 10, 2007 10:47 PM Go to message in response to: RockysGirl

Yeah, Relay is so amazing and emotional. This year, one of my good friends is speaking about her experience with cancer. She was diagnosed as terminal when she was 16, but is in remission and is 20. She is a walking miracle!

Posted: Apr 11, 2007 8:15 PM Go to message in response to: Emerald928

bump....I could really use your help!

Posted: Apr 12, 2007 4:34 PM Go to message in response to: Emerald928

Everything is going to go great tomorrow.  Keep your chin up :)

stunnedb2b Posts : 129 Registered: 2/19/07
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 4:49 PM Go to message in response to: Emerald928

You know what, I think you're amazing for doing this, and I will be making a donation.  I had a biopsy today, and although the C word has not been mentioned, I think that it can affect anyone, people whom I know it has.

All the best to you! ok I'm emotional now.

AntonetteSurprised

Posted: Apr 12, 2007 4:49 PM Go to message in response to: Emerald928

Oops double post.  I've just made a contribution, it's not a lot, but I hope it helps you reach your goal.

Message was edited by stunnedb2b on Apr 12, 2007 5:00 PM

Posted: Apr 12, 2007 6:51 PM Go to message in response to: stunnedb2b

Thank you so much Stunned! I'm praying that your biopsy comes out negative. Please know that if, God forbid, it doesn't, there is a huge network in the American Cancer Society.

For those of you who don't know, the ACS not only funds the leading researchers in cancer cure & prevention, but also funds programs such as Road to Recovery that transports patients and their families who are unable to drive due to the effects of chemo to and from their treatments. They also sponsor programs that help woman find wigs and makeup to help them feel better about themselves after chemo. In addition, they offer counseling to patients and their families to help deal with the emotions of the diagnosis.

Posted: Apr 13, 2007 4:18 AM Go to message in response to: Emerald928

Hello Beth, your welcome and thank you so much.  I'm just not going to think about it now!

Unfortunately I will be unable to take advantage of services from the ACS as I live in England, however we have programs over here to support people diagnosed with CA.

I wish you all the best today with your run, let us know how you do.

AntonetteSurprised

Posted: Apr 13, 2007 5:31 PM Go to message in response to: stunnedb2b

Everything is going to go great tonight.  Good Luck!!! 

Posted: Apr 14, 2007 12:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I was just wondering how things went last night.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine