Matched set of rings? Separate rings?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 40

Lo917 Posts : 21 Registered: 4/5/06
Re: Matched set of rings? Separate rings?
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 1:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I absolutely love that picture... its is beautiful!!

Posted: Apr 4, 2007 3:34 PM Go to message in response to: Lo917

I agree, it is a very darling picture!  It says sooo much without words, I love it.

I also agree about the whole not needing to matching for unity.  The marriage is the union with or without rings.

K

Counting down to 4/29/07!

Jemma21 Posts : 443 Registered: 12/22/06
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 4:59 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My rings are the same cut...it's an eight sided diamond exclusive Zales...we just picked a band that also has the eight sided diamonds and I think they look really nice together.  My FH nevers has worn jewelry, but he found a band he liked that I think compliments my rings. We're doing white gold because I wear silver all the time and we really dont' like yellow gold.

Here's the pics of mine:

1 CT. Zales Diamond Solitaire Engagement Ring in 18K White Gold1 CT. T.W. Diamond Channel Band in 14K White Gold

His:

Men's 1/4 CT. T.W. Diamond Three Stone Wedding Band in 10K White Gold

Jemma And Paul-October 13, 2007

SeasideBride06 Posts : 958 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 5:16 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

I designed my ring and DH had it custom made. I didn't really consider the wedding band when I designed the ring, so I had some trouble finding a band. The one I got was not from the wedding band section, it just a regular ring. It has diamonds and sapphires; I like the sapphires because I was married on the beach and they remind me of the ocean.

He would never want a ring with stones in it, so needless to say, ours don't match. He just got a plain band, which is what he wanted. They're all white gold, so they coordinate.

While I don't think matching bands are necessary, I certainly don't think it's stupid to want them and the people in the jewelry store are jerks for acting that way. If that's what you want, that's what you should have.

nicolesybrant Posts : 1,359 Registered: 10/4/06
Posted: Apr 11, 2007 7:23 PM Go to message in response to: SeasideBride06

I would really love for our rings to match but with FHs line of work (masonry) there is no way i will be buying him a white gold band with diamonds to match....thanks for the suggestions too ladies.

We do have matching promise rings though.  FH was set to deploy in August and he was stationed in Hawaii so he came home in June and we figured it would be the last time we would see eachother in at least a year.  So i got us matching titanium bands to wear as 'Promise rings'.  Well he suprised me with an engagement ring instead so now i wear my promise ring on my right hand...the e-ring on the left and he wears his promise ring on his left.  So it works. 

Nicole, Future wife to Aaron

May 1st we leave this island, and go back to Minnesota!!!

Our new wedding date... December 29th, 2007!!!

Posted: Apr 14, 2007 5:56 PM Go to message in response to: nicolesybrant

I love everyone's rings!

My E-Ring is a simple diamond solitaire in a six prong setting, so it goes with just about anything.  DH's and my wedding bands do match.  They're both two-tone gold bands, white gold in the middle and strips of yellow gold on either side.  The only difference is that his is 6mm wide and mine is 4mm.  We were going for a classic look, and I think we got it!  (Well, maybe two-tone isn't exactly classic, but we like it anyway!  LOL)

My E-Ring:

My Wedding Band:
5981P.jpg

DH's Wedding Band:

5688.jpg

*Married to my best friend since 9.30.06!*

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: Apr 14, 2007 6:27 PM Go to message in response to: Jemma21

Jem, we have the same E-ring!

this is my set and my FH's ring

i love my wedding band, the eternity because it is so feminine and i think FH's ring looks modern and masculine.

i am very happy with our rings! 

Posted: Apr 14, 2007 10:18 PM Go to message in response to: FALLbrideINLOVE

I loved the brushed/hammered look.  I originally chose that ring for FH.

K

Counting down to 4/29/07!

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: Apr 15, 2007 1:26 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

thanks! i absolutely love it too. FH chose this band and i have to say he has fantastic taste.  he always is right on the same page as me

Krissy3781 Posts : 279 Registered: 3/21/07
Posted: Apr 16, 2007 1:08 AM Go to message in response to: FALLbrideINLOVE

I haven't chosen my band yet...I know that's terrible since the wedding is starting to get close (Sept 15th), but I can't quite figure out what I want.  FH went a little crazy with the stone - it's ginormous (but I LOVE it), so it's making it a little harder to figure out what will go well with it.  I always wanted a band with some diamonds in it, but I don't know if it will be too much bling.  I just have to go and try some on with the engagement ring.  He, on the other hand, is just going to do his own thing with the band.  He wants something plain, probably titanium, but we've looked at platinum, as well.  I really don't feel that they need to match.  The rings are to remind us of our commitment to one another, not to make us a matching set.

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Apr 16, 2007 11:49 AM Go to message in response to: Krissy3781

Ours don't match, but mine is his grandma's set which I love, it's white gold with a diamond that's just beautiful, and his is yellow gold with tiny diamonds/sapphires set in the band, which is not a wide band.  It was my dads.  They actually look pretty nice together, and, they're perfect and we love them!   here's a tiny pic...it's from the professional pics but until I get the DVD's later this week, I can only save the thumbnail versions!! so don't even know ifyou can tell what they look like.  but, they don't match each other as in a set, but, they look nice together, have lots of meaning, and mine is a set.  The band for mine is brushed, the E ring shiny. 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine