We didn't like the food!

Online Users: 1,343 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 7
We didn't like the food!
Posted: Feb 28, 2007 2:30 AM

Well, due to circumstances, we couldn't do a food tasting before we booked the venue.  We tasted the food last Friday and it was so bland.  It wasn't nasty, it was just tasteless...at least the chicken and fish, the only dishes we tried were...

K

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: We didn't like the food!
Posted: Mar 12, 2007 2:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Kamelina,

Wow that kinda sucks. IM sorry to hear that. What were the circumstances that you couldnt try the food before signing? Maybe you could speak with the venue and voice your concerns. Tell them you found the food bland, that it wasnt what you were expecting, and see if maybe they have other menue options that would be more to your liking? To me, food is one of the most important parts of the wedding ... so Id be pretty disappointed if it didnt taste good. Hopefully there is something they can do about this issue to help you out. Do you HAVE to use their caterer or are you allowed to go outside ?

Kelley Lynn:)

BenjaminsWife Posts : 1,069 Registered: 1/11/07
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 7:46 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Maybe then can do a personalized menu for you? You've got me worried now... we had to book the place before trying the food too.

Posted: Mar 22, 2007 1:20 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

No one expects the food to be outstanding at a wedding.  As long as it is not gross or bad, and it feeds everyone, it'll be fine.  It will be "unmemorable"...which means people will remember the toasts, decorations, dancing, etc, and scratch their heads when you ask about the meal.  That's not a bad thing!

Besides, everyone has different tastes.  So what you think of as bland might just be more neutral for everyone, than going with something you really like, that might be "gross" for a lot of guests (I've been there).

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 4:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well, if you must use this caterer, I'd suggest that you work with them NOW to get the food to the point where you like it. Ask what they have to offer in the way of preparations, sauces, etc. Ask them to come up with some interesting sides as well--they can go beyond steamed veggies and plain mashed potatoes. Talk to the chef if you have to. Demand that they please your tastebuds--at least you can try your best.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

Posted: Mar 23, 2007 11:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Actually, the guests will remeber the food and music more than anything (at least in my experience).  If you know that food is important to you and your FH, it's best to get this situation rectified now.  You are paying good money for a meal that you and your guests should enjoy.

Lo917 Posts : 21 Registered: 4/5/06
Posted: Apr 2, 2007 5:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I TOTALLY DISAGREE about people not expecting food to be good at weddings.  Why would they expect the food to not be good?  With the amount of money most people spend on food for weddings... I would think it would be expected that the food would be at least good.. if not great!  I definitely want the food at my wedding to be memorable!!  I want people to be talking about it afterwards... and because they loved it.. not because... "as they expected" it wasn't good!

I would suggest sitting down and having a polite (but stern) meeting with the catering crew at your venue to let them know how unhappy you are with their food.  You have every right to have EVERYTHING on your day be perfect and the food should be no exception!!  I hope you can get something worked out!

Posted: Apr 5, 2007 1:42 AM Go to message in response to: Lo917

Most places I've found have a big problem with catering IN good food. Tends to be a bit "dry" or bland, and sometimes "cold". We are going with a very well-known food chain that EVERYONE likes and having them come in and cater our daughter's wedding. You would be surprisesd at how well they did at the last wedding we attended that they catered! Much better than the food at our cousin's recent wedding; and he used a very RITZY and high-priced caterer! We were all highly disappointed in that one. And the place we are using is going above and beyond to work with us on what we want to have. Couldn't ask for a better deal. Will let you know how it turns out, but I am highly optimistic! Wedding is in September!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine