Bride and Groom Reception Entrance Song

Online Users: 1,250 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 87
Bride and Groom Reception Entrance Song
Posted: Mar 25, 2007 10:17 AM

What are you choosing for your entrance song at the reception?  I am having a really hard time picking one.  My fiancee is a house music DJ and he is very particular on what music we need to have at certain parts of the reception.

..............................UNTIL I AM TONI TORRES...................................

Re: Bride and Groom Reception Entrance Song
Posted: Mar 26, 2007 12:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think we're entering to Crazy in Love by Beyonce.  It's not definite yet, and to be honest, it really doesn't matter all that much to me, but as of right now, that's what it is.

Posted: Mar 26, 2007 4:03 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am one to believe that you should pick a song that is unique to you and your FH... and one that is FUN because the ceremony is the serious part and the reception is time to celebrate! :)

Our attendants came in to the theme song to "The A Team" (it was a riot), and my hubby and I came into the instrumental opening to Metallica's "Enter Sandman" (we go to a college that uses that as their entrance for the football team.. the whole stadium bounces, and it's a blast... it's some of our favorite memories and it was a great, fun way to get US pumped up for the reception!!!) :)

KateS Posts : 208 Registered: 7/14/06
Posted: Mar 26, 2007 8:52 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are having a stringed trio playing classical music for the ceremony and cocktail hour.  We want a dramatic change of energy, so we were also (like Jamiesbabydoll) looking for something fun and energetic.  I think we have decided on "Holiday" by Greenday.  I would love some other ideas if anyone else has one. 

Posted: Mar 26, 2007 8:56 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are undecided between "Be Our Guest" from the movie Beauty and the Beast and "Let's Get Ready to Rumble" from Jock Jams. Both of them are just really cute, it's going to be tough. And we just want all of our guests to have a great time.

cll Posts : 270 Registered: 2/10/07
Posted: Mar 26, 2007 11:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think that we are going to enter to the music of Outkast- "I like the way that u move". Not the lyrics, but if we can just get the instrumental version. We are having a 20's theme and me and my FH want our guests to have fun and keep the atmosphere upbeat so that will probably be it. We definitely want something different to keep our guests on their toes so they know what type of evening they are instore for!!! 
Soon I will marry my soul mate!Smile

RomanticGirl Posts : 777 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Mar 26, 2007 11:18 PM Go to message in response to: cll

Hey "Be our Guest" was one of our ideas too! Cool! We were also thinking "For the Longest Time" b/c it's a special song to us. Other thoughts would be "Zoot Suit Riot" by Cherry Poppin Daddys for something swing feeling... "Love and Marriage" by Sinatra, "Fly me to the Moon" also by Sinatra....I'll keep thinking

nicolesybrant Posts : 1,359 Registered: 10/4/06
Posted: Mar 27, 2007 12:31 AM Go to message in response to: RomanticGirl

Beautiful Day by U2 is what we are doing for our entrance song!

Nicole, Future wife to Aaron

May 1st we leave this island, and go back to Minnesota!!!

Our new wedding date... December 29th, 2007!!!

Posted: Mar 27, 2007 5:18 AM Go to message in response to: nicolesybrant

We are having a piper lead us into the reception while playing the bagpipes.  It will be LOUD!  Otherwise though, I think Cole Porter's "De-Lovely" would be one of the best - catchy and classy.  Check out the Robbie Williams version that has all the lyrics about marriage (some versions are shorter and not as charming.)

Marrying the love of my life on September 7!

Posted: Mar 27, 2007 5:18 AM Go to message in response to: nicolesybrant

Has anyone thought of incorporating Beethoven's Ode to Joy?  I think that would be gorgeous, but FH tells me it's the anthem of the European Union and some of the British guests might take it the wrong way!

Marrying the love of my life on September 7!
Message was edited by Dayspring on Mar 27, 2007 4:18 AM

nicolesybrant Posts : 1,359 Registered: 10/4/06
Posted: Mar 27, 2007 5:58 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Apparently i was mistaken...lol.  I was talking to FH and he wants to walk in to Bittersweet Symphony by Oasis.  Which is cool, its actually very beautiful and we are having a formal wedding so it will work well i think.

Nicole, Future wife to Aaron

May 1st we leave this island, and go back to Minnesota!!!

Our new wedding date... December 29th, 2007!!!

TinaNTim Posts : 254 Registered: 12/8/06
Posted: Mar 27, 2007 6:53 AM Go to message in response to: nicolesybrant

Well, we like all kinds of music, especially the hard rock stuff.  We were thinking maybe Metallica.  I came up with the idea of he and I walking in to Pantera's "Walk" - just the chorus on a loop maybe.  Pantera's his FAVORITE band.  Everyone, except, well his mom and my mom, would laugh the tushes off.  One of my friends walked in to AC/DC 'Highway to Hell"  that's always an option for us.... LOL

RomanticGirl Posts : 777 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Mar 27, 2007 9:16 AM Go to message in response to: TinaNTim

the pink panther theme would be really cute!

Posted: Mar 27, 2007 10:10 AM Go to message in response to: RomanticGirl

FH and I still disagree.  I say AC/DC's "Hell's Bells" - it's a family joke, because my dad really, really wanted that played at my parents' CEREMONY but my mom vetoed that, and it's still talked about 25 years later.  FH, however, is not a big AC/DC fan, and I think wants something a little more formal.  He hasn't given me an actual song yet, just "not 'Hell's Bells'".  LOL, we shall see how that goes.

Posted: Mar 27, 2007 10:23 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are also entering to the musical (not lyrical) part of Bittersweet Symphony...  We love that song!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine