Grand entrance song....for those with a DJ

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 31
Grand entrance song....for those with a DJ
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 9:59 AM

For those of you ladies using a DJ...I was wondering if you could tell me what song you chose for prior to the grand entrance. Our DJ told us he does hyped up songs like "Thunder" AC/DC or the Rocky song. Now this is to get the guests excited about us coming into the reception. So first I chose Thunder because my fiance makes me laugh so hard when he listens to it (and sings along) so I thought that would be a slight tension breaker but because I am from Michigan and love my Detroit Pistons I kinda wanted their entrance theme,"Lets get it Started" by BEP. Some people do a drum roll and some not. I just want to know what you ladies have chose or even if that is something you are doing. My Dj seems to be real excited about the entrance.

Jemma21 Posts : 443 Registered: 12/22/06
Re: Grand entrance song....for those with a DJ
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 11:33 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

We're using "For Those About to Rock" by AC/DC...FH is a huge fan!

Jemma And Paul-October 13, 2007

http://www.tickercentral.com"> border="0" src="http://www.tickercentral.com/view/81jj/1.png

Posted: Mar 22, 2007 1:25 PM Go to message in response to: Jemma21

I haven't had a chance to discuss this with our DJ yet, but we would like to come in to the Dropkick Murphy's "Shippin Up to Boston" which is on The Departed movie soundtrack. The only thing is that we want to take out the vocals and just have the background music. It's rock n' roll with an Irish feel to it.

Posted: Mar 22, 2007 1:46 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are huge Iowa Hawkeye football fans, so we will enter our reception to the Iowa Fight Song.  :)

JosesGirl Posts : 582 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 4:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We were going to use "eye of the tiger" but I think it's a little overused, so we went for the road less taken....and used a song that you wouldn't expect to hear at a wedding. But it turned out really cute!!!! We used "Beat It" by Michael Jackson. I bought the guys black fedoras before we had even thought about our grand entrance song, and after we got the idea for the entrance,  my mom made each of the guys a silver sequined glove to wear on their left hand. It turned out really cute!!!! One of our groomsmen even did a MJ dance when he entered.

It was unexpected, but definitely fun!

Beca Posts : 361 Registered: 9/28/06
Posted: Mar 28, 2007 3:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

One of my friends use "is a beautiful day" from U2, really unexpected & fun...

Posted: Apr 25, 2007 1:05 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are coming into "Black Betty" by Ram Jam...its really upbeat and will get things started.  Also my firance and I have a little joke about his song so it makes it special.  Wink

Posted: Apr 27, 2007 1:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

the song they use in church "Hallajuh" as a joke. (no one thought I would ever get married!) then "Beautiful Day" by U2

MelissaJuneBrid... Posts : 698 Registered: 3/13/07
Posted: May 1, 2007 2:56 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are using "Summertime" by Kenny Chesney. We are getting married on the first day of summer and love the song, plus we went and saw him in concert and it just kinda reflects us...plus it's fun!

MelissaSmile

nicolesybrant Posts : 1,359 Registered: 10/4/06
Posted: May 1, 2007 3:00 PM Go to message in response to: MelissaJuneBrid...

We are doing 'Beautiful Day' as well.

Nicole, Future wife to Aaron

One more week 'till I go home!!!

Our new wedding date... December 29th, 2007!!!

Posted: May 4, 2007 9:00 AM Go to message in response to: nicolesybrant

I have been kicking this one around for awhile.  We had one song chosen, but I decided to use something different.  I suggested the Rocky theme, but FH shot it down.  He suggested "Celebration", and I told him there is no way I was having Kool and the Gang at my reception.  So, the other night as I was falling asleep, a song popped into my head that I haven't heard in years, "Yankee Rose" by David Lee Roth.  We live in NC, but I'm from NY.  I just love that song, the way DLR talks to Steve Vai and Steve Vai "talks" back with the guitar.  FH said he'd think about it, but he is a huge Steve Vai fan, so I think I'm going to get my way....Wink

MiJoMy Posts : 245 Registered: 2/15/07
Posted: May 4, 2007 9:07 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

We aren't having a DJ, but we might use the Kill Bill Theme. Sounds funny but if you hear the lyric-less song, then you know it's an awesome enterance song.

If you want to hear it without downloading it you can go here http://youtube.com/watch?v=BRrGxeRX7u4 just don't pay attention to the video.

KMAC11 Posts : 138 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: May 4, 2007 9:28 AM Go to message in response to: MiJoMy

My FH and I are being introduced to Thunder - ACDC.  It's a great song.

** K **

MrsMinor4EnE Posts : 255 Registered: 4/7/07
Posted: May 9, 2007 9:32 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are walking in to anotherone bites the dust by queen!!

MrsMinor2b

sept 22 2007

SaucyMrsK Posts : 1,175 Registered: 12/27/06
Posted: May 13, 2007 9:52 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMinor4EnE

I totally love the Another One Bites the Dust idea. FH is a huge Queen fan... but I have seriously been thinking the Mission Impossible theme song, but he is not wanting to go for it ;(

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine