How much was your wedding/reception site?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 98

cll Posts : 270 Registered: 2/10/07
Re: How much was your wedding/reception site?
Posted: Mar 9, 2007 11:04 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I see that u are getting married in CT and I am as well. If u dont mind me asking I was wondering where ur reception is being held b/c that is the problem that I am running into. I am having an Old Hollywood/red carpet themed wedding and I have been looking for an old theater or museum to hold the reception in. I want the whole red carpet and stage, but I feel like I am being unreasonable. I dont want to go bankrupt over my wedding, but some places want over $100/pp, but then they have restrictions as to decorating the facility. I dont know, but defintiely a dilemma. I was just curious since someone else up here is from CT. I dont really want to hire a wedding planner, but nothing is really catching my eye unless I am being too picky.Thanks.
Soon I will marry my soul mate!Smile

Posted: Mar 9, 2007 3:05 PM Go to message in response to: cll

We are paying (and by that I mean Daddy!) $2200 for the reception.  This includes the ballroom, food, table set up, tableclothes, limited bar with beer and wine, etc.  Of course, this is in Podunk, Louisiana and actually one of the most expensive places in town.  (At a country club)
Daisypath Ticker

Posted: Mar 9, 2007 6:51 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcDAtLast

In Alaska, Kenai Peninsula, $500 for reception theater, free ceremony on riverside dock.  I have a cousin who caters, a sister-in-law who makes wedding cakes.  Very inexpensive, but it is Alaska, where I live anyhow.  It is a very nice historic site that has held some fab weddings in the past though, so it promises to be nice!!

kittyfk Posts : 119 Registered: 2/18/07
Posted: Mar 9, 2007 10:05 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We getting married in the Lakes Region of NH (central NH).  All of the places we are considering have a room charge that is seperate from everything, but all but one have in house catering:

A Greenhouse: $700 (fits 120)

A hotel with a room with floor-to-ceiling windows facing the lake and fireplace: $1500 (fits 120)

A resort with a mountain view main room: $950; Chase house $700 (either will fitt 200, I think)

A golf course/coutry club I haven't seen yet for $800 (fits 300 or something wild like that)

A country club for $250 (fits 180 or something)

For all these places it's hard to say what's included because they use their own catering and I think of the chairs and linens being attatched more with that price than the room.  And this list reflects a couple of "cuts" that were made because the place was out of our budget or just too much for being not special (ie, no floor-to-cieling windows). 

And one place that allows outside caterers and includes tables and chairs for $350.  We would have to do/have someone do some hardcore decorating and I think the chairs are metal folding chairs.  But if my FHIL's restaurant caters we will get a good deal! 

Hope this helps...I think the area makes a big difference.  But even in our area, different sides of the same lake, went up to $3,800, before food.

Posted: Mar 10, 2007 8:17 PM Go to message in response to: cll

Wow, what differences in price...  We are planning our wedding for next year.  We live in Cleveland Ohio and things really seem to be expensive.  Looks as if we will be paying approx. $6,000. for 150 people.  That includes a 3 meat buffet, middle shelf bar and decorations (although not many....table skirts and all...but not alot of deco.)  This also includes the tax and gratuity.  I have been looking around alot...but I keep feeling I am missing the one place that would really be "THE ONE".... anyone have any ideas for the Cleveland, Ohio area  (attached suburbs of course).

Vicki

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Mar 11, 2007 1:58 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Firemansgirl... I dont think youre being overcharged, those just seem to be Jersey prices for this area. But when you look at what it includes (especially the cocktail hour and 5 hr open bar) its really worth it in the end. I can say this because I live in N. Jersey too and got married in October. Our wedding was on Long Island at the San Souci. We had the ceremony AND reception there, and our price was $85 per person. Thats the Friday evening price... Saturdays and Sundays are $100 per person, which is around what you are paying. We also had 100 guests, so we ended up spending just under $10,000 on the reception. BUT..it literally included EVERYTHING!!!

the Ceremony and all ceremony flowers, all linens and table stuff, elaborate cocktail hour with 10 butler passed hordeurves and 2 chef stations, 5 hour Open bar with premium liquor, the wedding cake, guests had choice of 3 delicious entrees, plus mixed green salad and penne ala vodka. coffee, tea, soda, etc. parking, coat check, champagne toast, full use of Bridal suite all day long, I know Im leaving stuff out... but it indluded EVERYTHING and it was beautifully done. So In the end een though it seems high, I would recommend going with an allinclusive place that provided everything for you. It was sooo nice not to have to worryt about hiring a caterer, a baker, all that. It was all done right there.:)

So with gown, hotels, brunch, reh. dinner, etc... we had a NY very elegant wedding for about $16,000 total. Yeah it wasnt cheap, but very reasonable for this area. I made compromises though to keep it at that price. I cut back/used friends on things like photographer, we didnt do a limo, had mom do my nails, had a small wedding party (MOH and Best Man) and utilized friends talents in the wedding.

It was awesome. You just have to know what youre willing to sacrifice and you can have a beautiful wedding.

Kelley Lynn:)

BenjaminsWife Posts : 1,069 Registered: 1/11/07
Posted: Mar 11, 2007 4:44 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcDAtLast

I'm in the Bay Area, California. All the places around here have an average Saturday night minimum of $12-15k. The place we're going to do it at has a $11,000 minimum and the room rental is $750.00 (we're getting a break on that one). That's what I get for being so close to San Francisco. Bleh!

Posted: Mar 11, 2007 5:14 PM Go to message in response to: cll

hey, cll. im getting married at the aqua turf in southington, i dont know if you have ever been there but it is BEAUTIFUl, and the food is great.

Posted: Mar 11, 2007 5:14 PM Go to message in response to: cll

hey, cll. im getting married at the aqua turf in southington, i dont know if you have ever been there but it is BEAUTIFUl, and the food is great.

Posted: Mar 12, 2007 6:56 AM Go to message in response to: MrsMcDAtLast

Considerably lower than most of you gals! Our site rental is $410, for both chapel & reception facilities, with no time limit.  The catering is provided through them & will only cost a bit over $1000. 

For the ceremony they provide a sound system & arch.

The reception includes a buffet dinner w/ salad bar & iced tea for drinks.  They also provide table covers/linens, glass & stemware.

They also set up & take down everything!  So less work for us! lol

Found it outta pure luck!  I'm from Monterey Bay CA & for a low budget wedding the prices at hotels & other sites are ridiculous.

Justin & Rachel
Daisypath Ticker

Posted: Mar 12, 2007 3:19 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcDAtLast

I'm only spending 600 total, that includes the deposit. We are only renting the place for half the day (from 8-5) Most of the other places I looked at were about 2000. This is in college Station, Texas. Not a huge town, but its a college town. Unfortunatly that is about how much you'll probably have to pay. People like to jack the price up as soon as you say the word wedding.

MiJoMy Posts : 245 Registered: 2/15/07
Posted: Mar 12, 2007 3:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I wanted to have our wedding at the local museum sooooooo bad. But the rental cost for the gorgeous area for 4 hours was what I wanted to spend on the whole wedding. I was really bummed out. There was no way I could afford it, especially when I found out they would change a grand for each extra hour, and 1500 to bring in an outside caterer. I mourned then moved on.

I went on a wild search for a somewhere that allowed outside caterers. I wanted somewhere pretty, because I wanted the wedding and the reception in the same place.

I found a great local. It use to be a home, with many buildings. The city bought it and turned it into a rental hall. It’s only 1000 dollars for the whole place for the whole day or about 500 for the house alone, plus use of the gazebo is free with building rental. I am so happy.

Posted: Mar 13, 2007 9:16 AM Go to message in response to: MrsMcDAtLast

I live in MI, but we are getting married in a small theater in our town ($350), and we are holding our reception down the street at a hall for $38 pp (includes a plated buffet, 5 hour bar, and appetizers, linens, chair covers, chair sashes, tableware, cake cutting & Serving) , its the cheapest I could find in my area, we have 150 guests so its about $7,500, now all I have to do is work with my wedding coordinator (Christophers Personal Touch) for my floral arrangements, invitations, cake, and misscellaneous items. I am hoping to come in below $12,000 when all is said and done.

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 2:41 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcDAtLast

Our reception site was FREE as long as we spend the $10,000 in food and drinks for our guests.  This was not a problem with 360 guests.  We spent well over that amount and did not have to pay any extra money for the ballroom.

MrsCase1216 Posts : 158 Registered: 7/12/06
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 10:42 AM Go to message in response to: LizS

For food, tables, linens, etc. cake, dessert, 4 hours open bar, sitdown dinner, pretty much everything that you would expect to be given at dinner (no centerpieces) we paid about $7500, plus then the DJ, photographer, video, etc.  We're in Northwestern NJ (really about 5 minutes from PA)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine