Double Wedding

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3
Double Wedding
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 1:10 PM

Does any one have any suggestions on having a double wedding?  My sister and I are haveing one in Nov.  We are trying to mix my traditional/antique look with my sister's tropical look. If anyone has ever been to one or has had one themselves I would love to hear any ideas you may have. 

Thank you~ Ashley

Beca Posts : 361 Registered: 9/28/06
Re: Double Wedding
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 1:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My MIL got married 30 years ago in a double wedding, it was a huge wedding with 1,000 guests!!, yes you read it, 1,000 guests. Double weddings are very strange these days so imagine 30 year ago.....Well, they had a blast. Theey weere blessed at the same time during the ceremony & in reception it was 1 HUmungus cake, not 2. It was a very traditional wedding, & they were basically similar, so they did not combined 2 styles.

zuzanamaria Posts : 187 Registered: 5/30/06
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 4:02 PM Go to message in response to: Beca

I was a flower girl in a double wedding it was probably 1988.  It was actually a mother and daugther, they didn't have two cakes or anything like that.  But the bridal party for each couple wore a different color that matched of course, I dont remember much else but it was a very unique wedding.

Posted: Apr 19, 2007 3:19 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am also planning a double wedding with my friend Laura. It was hard at first because we had different ideas of color schemes (we ended up choosing traditional pink - kinda like blush and bashful from steel magnolias) and bridesmaid dresses (we're having one bridal party for the both of us) and it was a little tough convincing the guys to go for it but i think it's going to turn out great! Good luck, you can do it!
EmbarassedBlushing Bride to be

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine