Which leg does the garter go on??

Online Users: 1,357 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8
Which leg does the garter go on??
Posted: Feb 27, 2007 10:13 PM

I was just thinking about this (while I should be studying for an exam, hehe), but which leg is the garter supposed to go on? Is there some sort of rule for that? Or does it just not matter??

Re: Which leg does the garter go on??
Posted: Feb 27, 2007 10:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there's no rule.  The last wedding I went to, the bride had it on her left leg, but I don't think it matters!

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Feb 28, 2007 9:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yeah I should be studying for a certification test, but anyway. I though t it was your right, but I don't think it matters.  

Posted: Mar 1, 2007 2:53 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsperry

I should be working on attendance now, but I want to answer.   I chose not to wear a garter at all!   Hee hee!!

Spring should be coming, but we're still in a snow storm.......

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Mar 1, 2007 4:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Does it matter?  I'm curious too!!  I have one (actually two, one for the toss one I'll keep) but don't know which leg.  I was thinking left just cause I thought I saw one of someone's pictures on here and he appeared to be taking it off her left leg...does anyone know?

Posted: Mar 1, 2007 4:31 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

For some reason I always thought it was the left too, but I really don't know where I got that from.  Maybe it's because we wear our ring on our left hand so that is why I'm thinking that.

I can't believe I'm getting married this year!

MrsMcDAtLast Posts : 860 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Mar 1, 2007 6:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

For some reason, I was thinking the right leg!

lol, all these mixed responses aren't helping, are they?  I'd say whichever leg you feel more comfortable having the garter on.  I don't think there's an actual rule for it. :) 

Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

You got me thinking and wondering! And since my mom and I disagreed (I thought left, she thought right) I did a little online research

Of course, mom was right :) Its the right leg, just above the knee More info on wedding traditions at http://www.aceprodj.com/wedding_history.htm

-Danielle

~Danielle & Jason 070707~

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 1:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thanks!!  I'll do right, then.  Although, my daughter and BF want to have him shave his leg, blindfold FH and let FH take garter off my daughter's BF...they apparently saw this on america's funniest videos...I don't think FH will let them blindfold him, but, we'll see. 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine