Teal wedding?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 15
Teal wedding?
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 5:34 PM

I found the color Tealness by Alfred Angelo to be soo pretty. My wedding is in March 2008, so i have time, but does anyone have any ideas for accent colors?  what about flowers?

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Teal wedding?
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 7:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

It depends on the effect you want. For softness, pink is popular with teal. You also could use whites, a range of blue/greens, purple/lavender, black and silver, among others. If you want to go far out, use orange. Also, teal can be gorgeous with deep chocolate. I can send you pics of teal combos if you contact me through my website.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

Posted: Feb 13, 2007 8:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My colors are teal/aqua and black.  I am also using a lighter blue with it.  As for flowers we will probably dye daisies aqua with white roses with black ribbon tied around the stems!

Soon I will marry the love of my life!
Daisypath Ticker

hairdogri Posts : 18 Registered: 2/4/07
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 9:59 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I was a maid of honor in one wedding and a bridesmaid in another that had teal and peach.  Both turned out to be very pretty.

HLYflute Posts : 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Posted: Feb 27, 2007 12:12 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am using that exact same color for my bridesmaid dresses (also alfred angelo).  Just so you know, there is NOTHING else that comes in those colors! lol  I have been to every craft store in a 30 mile radius of where I live and not one had ribbon in the same shade! (Only one had teal ribbon at all, and it's too green... but since it is sheer, it will work to wrap the votive holders for my reception)  Anyway, I am accenting the teal with black, silver, ivory (my dress) and pale pink.

Posted: Apr 16, 2007 12:28 AM Go to message in response to: HLYflute

I am getting married Mar. 28, 2008 and was also debating on doing the tealness alfred angelo too.  The dress with the robin's egg blue at the top and tealness at the bottom.  Anyways, if I decide on that one, my bridesmaids will have white tulips and I will have yellow tuilps.  Bright yellow actually looks really nice with the darker teal.  I was concerned it would look too wintery formal without a bright color.  However the post above worries me about not being able to find anything else in the teal color.   Please, let's share some more thoughts.

JAllen Posts : 793 Registered: 9/1/06
Posted: Apr 18, 2007 4:37 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are doing Chocolate Brown and Shades of Teal.  That way if we can't find everything in the same teal, it will be ok.  We are going to do light and dark shades.  I think it will be pretty.  We are having a Sand and Seashells theme so it should work out nicely!

Posted: Apr 18, 2007 4:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My hairdresser had a teal wedding and it was really bright and pretty.  You have a ton of options, and the other girls had some great ideas.  I just wanted to tell you that no matter what color you choose, it's always going to be difficult to match things.  I never anticipated this problem when I chose champagne for my bridesmaids dresses, but there are a million different shades of champagne!  I'm sure that it will be the same with teal, but don't let that discourage you.  Ribbon was one of the hardest things to match, but I wanted to give you this website: http://www.custompaper.com/Shop/Ribbon/double_faced_satin.html, http://www.custompaper.com/Shop/Ribbon/earth_satin.html.  I ordered all of my ribbon from them, and it's really beautiful and high quality.  Also, on the pages there are a ton of colors you can look at all together to give you an idea of what you like!  I have some other great resources so let me know if you need anything else!

Posted: Apr 18, 2007 4:56 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Alright, I don't know why the first link didn't go through the first time.  This is actually the Midori brand that I purchased: http://www.custompaper.com/Shop/Ribbon/double_faced_satin.html.  I hope this helps!

Artsychck Posts : 50 Registered: 1/11/07
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 8:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm doing teal, perrywinkle and white with silver accents-kind of a very summery/spring feel. Goodluck with your planning

ticker 

Soon to be Matt's Wife!!

Posted: May 24, 2007 9:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Can anyone post pics that might help me with this color scheme?  I am starting to doubt my ability to pull it all together.  I keep get flashes of 1980's wedding pics with teal taffata poufy sleeve dresses.  I love teal, but want it to look timeless.

HLYflute Posts : 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Posted: May 28, 2007 11:15 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

When is your wedding?  Mine is in 25 days, and I'm one of the people doing teal, so I'll post pics after we get back from the honeymoon.  Keep a look out for them.

It never occurred to me about the 80's thing, until last week when I was talking to one of my students parents, and I said how I was using teal, and she said, Oh, I used teal in my wedding in 1989!  It was so popular then!  And I was like, CRAP... but too late to change it now!  Anyway, i think as long as you steer clear of tacky, overdone decorations, paper flowers/bells,  and get a modern cut for dresses, you should be fine!  Oh, and no big hair, blue eyeshadow, and frosty pink lipstick! LOL

Posted: May 29, 2007 10:35 PM Go to message in response to: HLYflute

I know, I know Laughing.  I keep laughing at myself when I think about it.  I went dress shopping with my girls yesterday and we found the perfect dress.  It's a Jim Hjlem teal chiffon, very sweet and romantic.  We decided it was the best teal color for spring, more blue-teal than green-teal.  The wedding is next March so I feel better now that I have a head start.  Congrats, less than a month away for you!  I would love to see pics when you get a chance.  Have fun!

Posted: Jun 14, 2007 1:27 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi, I am getting married in a few weeks and my maid of honors dress is from Alfred Angelo and is the color tealness... my bridesmaids are in the color Expresso!  What a beautiful match, the two go surprising well together.  This is just an idea!  Good luck with your wedding!

Posted: Jun 14, 2007 1:56 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Im getting married on March 29th, 2008.  (Excited to meet other March Brides!) and our colors are teal and light green, almost a lime green.  The bridesmaids will wear teal and their flowers will be tied in lime greet with white tulips...Ill carry white flowers too, and the centerpieces are different colored daisys in a flowerpot painted teal!
I get the greatest Birthday present of all, marrying my love, Matthew...We get married on March 29th!  My bday is March 30th! Angela

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine