NWR: Oh the snoooow!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 23

storm0075 Posts : 416 Registered: 7/9/06
Re: NWR: Oh the snoooow!!
Posted: Feb 14, 2007 12:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We got ice, ice, and more ice here. Ugh! I called in today and am hoping it doesn't refreeze tonight! I could really do without all of this ice. Snow is bad enough, but you can't drive when it is icy out.

RoBelle Posts : 1,236 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Feb 14, 2007 12:54 PM Go to message in response to: storm0075

I certainly enjoyed ICE skating into work this morning!! LOL

I live in NYC to TOO BAD my company WON'T be letting us go home early due to the weather conditions!  I just got a call from my daugther's school (private) saying that they are letting the children out early today.  Something told me to call MY school to find out IF classes are canceled tonight and they are so WOO HOO!!  It's gonna be fun ice skating back home this evening though!   Surprised 

Hope you all stay safe AND warm!!!

Posted: Feb 14, 2007 1:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Here in north central indiana, every county in the area has declared a snow emergency, and we have 17.5 inches of new snow (on top of the 5.5 we already had). 

Yesterday, all the counties except mine had declared by 10 am, and we had to wait until 12:30 before it finally did.  That was bad, because our office only excuses a weather related absence if the county the office is located in, or the county you live in, declares a snow emergency.  There were like 12 of us who actually live in the county the office is in (the last one to declare) all glued to the local tv station website.  I finally gave up and left at noon, because I knew I was going to get stuck in my subdivision, and there was talk that the county wasn't going to declare an emergency until possibly 2 pm, but I won't get in trouble since they actually did declare an emergency within 1/2 an hour of me leaving.

I got stuck 4 times between the entrance to the subdivision and the parking lot of our building (my car is parked sideways in a drift, because it got stuck again in the parking lot, and since I wasn't blocking anyone else, I just gave up).

FH, however wasn't so lucky, because the University didn't cancel classes until noon, and he had an article that he had to revise for the paper if he wanted to get paid, so he didn't get home until 5:30, and his car is broken down on the side of the road about 2 blocks from our apartment, after he got pretty much run off the road by someone in a gigantic F350 driving way too fast for conditions.  I think it's the CV joint, which is unfortunately going to cost a lot of money we don't have to fix it.  We're getting ready to wade through the snow now to go have a look now that it's stopped snowing, and see if we can get a tow truck out here.  They we're going to walk somewhere to try to find a shovel to buy, so we can dig my car out.

I wish I was in Florida right now!

lori83 Posts : 1,852 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Feb 14, 2007 1:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'll trade your 23 inches for my 103 inches in five days. We are so used to it here that it's really just another winter day. I lived in CT for 2 winters and they would get an inch or two and everything was closed. Our county has been under a state of emergency for the past week and the schools have been closed only half the time. I guess I would rather have all this snow and know how to deal or absolutely none at all.

Good luck to all you ladies and drive careful! 

RockysGirl Posts : 1,125 Registered: 10/24/06
Posted: Feb 14, 2007 5:21 PM Go to message in response to: lori83

Boss just showed me a pic from one of her messeage boards from PA of a snowman that was burried in snow up to his eyebrows!  You know it's cold when your snowman gets burried in snow.  Of course now you see why i'm on the boards all day.  Boss is too.  She just expects me to play around.

Posted: Feb 14, 2007 5:46 PM Go to message in response to: RockysGirl

Everybody's talking about all this snow in the Mid-West- I din't get any!  But I'm in Wi, it must have gone farther south.  I watch the weather by stepping outside. Tongue out  But I'm definately not complaining though!  I hate driving in winter.

Queen for a day, King for a lifetime!

Posted: Feb 14, 2007 6:47 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I Looooove snow! I'm in New Hampshire and we've finally gotten a true Nor'Easer!!! I took these pics of my car just a few minutes ago; it's so buried!

snow003.jpg

snow004.jpg

Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker

Posted: Feb 14, 2007 9:58 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I live in central NY....my FH just flew into Rochester today and I was going to meet him at the airport, but the roads were closed. :( So he's stranded there until tomorrow and I'm stranded here and I'm so sad. I was looking forward to spending Valentine's day with him. :(

Daisypath Ticker

Emerald928 Posts : 155 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Feb 14, 2007 10:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

That sucks, Sahar. I was driving yesterday (in Western Illinois) and my car hit a patch of ice and I spun out into a ditch. I was there for 2 hours...The kicker: another car spun out on the opposite side of the highway and slid into the ditch landing 3 ft. from my car...Cry

"Some find at 18 what others spend their entire lives searching for."

Beth & Tom- 6 years and counting....

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine