confession and a question

Online Users: 1,252 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

bridewannabe Posts : 132 Registered: 1/3/07
confession and a question
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 1:36 PM

First of all I just wanted to say I have really enjoyed these boards and everyone's input and ideas. I have become quite addicted :~) In case I haven't mentioned before I'm not officially engaged but my boyfriend is saving for a ring and we are actively planning a wedding and saving money...hence the name "brideWANNABE"...that being said, I hope no one on these boards will think me an imposter :~)

I have a question about entertainment. I'm hoping to have the wedding at a local aquarium (of course plans change everyday and this venue is the "flavor of the week" for us) so our guests will have the opportunity to view all the exhibits including a cool tidepool area with an employee on hand to answer questions about the creatures. We will of course have recorded music and dancing, and a performance given by some local irish dancers. Do you think this is sufficient for entertainment? Is there anything else I can do to keep people from being bored or is this enough? thanks!

Re: confession and a question
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 2:31 PM Go to message in response to: bridewannabe

thats more than enough to keep your guests from boredom... you don't want to plan too much or else your guests won't have any time to just enjoy themselves

SeasideBride06 Posts : 958 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: bridewannabe

I think it sounds great! Most wedding usually have just music and dancing. I also think this is great if there will be children at the wedding; they're usually bored but probably will love the aquarium.

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 10:05 PM Go to message in response to: bridewannabe

That sounds wonderful.  It's different, un expected, and something that everyone will remember.  

Posted: Feb 6, 2007 1:15 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

thanks ladies! I appreciate your encouragement. Yes, there will be quite a few kids there from toddler to teenager so I think they will enjoy themselves. thanks!

BonnieJ Posts : 547 Registered: 7/24/06
Posted: Feb 6, 2007 3:10 PM Go to message in response to: bridewannabe

Just keep in mind that all of that entertainment comes with a price tag.  Are you sure that it's in your budget?

Posted: Feb 7, 2007 12:26 AM Go to message in response to: BonnieJ

good point. it will be expensive. this idea would cost probably 10,000 easy. like i said in my post, the aquarium idea is the "flavor of the week", i'm already considering cheaper alternatives. i really want to get married on the beach which is easy enough but it is hard to find reception sites. i even have a great caterer in mind who can do a fabulous buffet for $15 per person! I just really want people to have a good time so I thought if they had all those exhibits to look at they couldn't possibly get bored. i also want something unforgettable but i know in the end that no one will remember it as vividly as we will :~)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine