hot pink/fuschia or aqua weddings anyone?

Online Users: 1,285 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 20
hot pink/fuschia or aqua weddings anyone?
Posted: Jan 12, 2007 7:45 PM

Im considering one of these colors leaning more to
fuchsia but I would like to see if anyone here is
doing the same colors and if you can possibly
share ideas. TIA

Re: hot pink/fuschia or aqua weddings anyone?
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 10:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Bump

Oldhousejunkie Posts : 3 Registered: 1/24/07
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 3:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We're using fuschia, black, and white. I know it sounds weird in theory, but it looks very cool. If you can find it, there is a magazine out there called Brides and Blooms, and there is an article about those colors. I was going for lavender and chocolate brown, but when I saw this article, I was sold.

allymo23 Posts : 441 Registered: 9/14/06
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 3:55 PM Go to message in response to: Oldhousejunkie

Hey! I am doing fuchsia, orange and lime green (might sound weird, but is SO fun and looks great together!)

Agape,

Ally

I can't believe I'm marrying my Best FriendKiss

Posted: Feb 5, 2007 9:38 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am actually using aqua for the bridesmaid dresses and orange with fuchia flowers. Kinda going for a Bali look. I wanted to be unique but now everywhere I look I find that color combo.. at least I know it should work. Have fun picking!

Posted: Feb 6, 2007 12:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are having our wedding & reception in Missouri using a Hawaiian theme.  My white gown will have a fuschia sash, my bouquet is fushia & my lei is fushia.  My 3 bridesmaids will be salmon, next one turqoise, and next one lemon yellow.  The groomsmen will have the coordinating same color shirts. They will have rainbow colored leis.  So i think the fushia will blend with anything.  My luau reception dress will be white with fushia overlay. 

Posted: Feb 13, 2007 8:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My colors are aqua and black.  I love the bright colors against black!!  I like the idea of using all three of your colors!!

Soon I will marry the love of my life!
Daisypath Ticker

Posted: Feb 26, 2007 1:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm having a black white and pink wedding. Disney themed! We are using a lot of different pinks...pale, bubblegum, cotten candy and fuscia! I love it....

FutureMrsJRB Posts : 90 Registered: 5/8/06
Posted: Feb 27, 2007 4:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm also using fuscia, orange, and lime green...Here are a few pics below:

BM Dresses

http://www.morilee.com/DressDetail.aspx?C=3&D=472&P=1

Cake

Lo917 Posts : 21 Registered: 4/5/06
Posted: Mar 6, 2007 2:01 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are using Midnight Blue and Hot Pink and they look great together!  I love it because its unique!!  I think that if you like those colors go for it.  My girls dresses are midnight blue and they are carrying hot pink calla lilies. 

CocaMarie1378 Posts : 76 Registered: 11/4/06
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 11:57 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

My wedding colours are Black, Platium and Fuchisa.  I know it sounds busy but it is truly beautiful..The bridesmaids dresses are black tea lenght with a platium bow.  Their flowers are going to be latin lady roses which are extremely fuchisa .  The groomsmen tux are all black with the platium tie and the same flower.  The over all decor is black linens with touches of fuchisa/ black polka dot  runners.  All centerpieces will have different shades of pink from lightest to darkest.  So all am saying is just play around with the colours until you see what you like.

Wishing you PEACE, LOVE and HAPPINESS

hdraff Posts : 1 Registered: 1/13/09
Posted: May 11, 2009 9:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm having both of those colors at my wedding. The base color, for the dresses and vests, will be a dark blue (like the marine at davids bridal) and then the flowers are going to be fuscia for the bridesmaids and groomsmen with aqua as a small color for only my fiance and I. That way he doesn't have to wear pink, it still looks more formal (and dark blue looks good on all of my girls) but is still a little fun with the splash of fuscia and special with the aqua for us. I hope this helps and I could care less if you end up liking this and doing it yourself. Good luck!

mazzy26 Posts : 21 Registered: 4/28/09
Posted: May 11, 2009 10:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey there. I'm doind a aqua sorta theme. I have 4 bridesmaids, and they are all wearing a diff shade of blue, Mermaid, Pool, Capri, and Oasis, from Davids Bridal. Then i am having black as an accent color, and im hoping for fuschia or hot pink flowers...haven't started hunting for flowers yet, but thats what im hoping for.

JandJwedding2010 Posts : 1 Registered: 6/15/09
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 9:18 PM Go to message in response to: hdraff

I am thinking of using both of them as my main colours i'm just not sure how its going to work right now. I'm not sure if i should have my bridesmaids in pink and just have accents of pink on the guys. Or what do you think of having the girls in one colour and guys in the aqua or would that look to weird?

dawnO Posts : 40 Registered: 7/14/08
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 10:40 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

we are having a beach-theme wedding with sea & sand as our colors. invites have the "atlantic" color, the girls dresses are "pool" color from Alfred Angelo, our centerpieces are a glass cylinder, with a pillar candle in the middle, sand around it with shells on top....filled half way with water. and the cake is white with pool blue shades of scroll-work all over it. .....our favor boxes are white with pool blue ribbon ( with choc. shaped shells inside).... and we are having tall glass cyliders filled with aqua and cream shades of M&Ms at the cake & dessert tables... ....and mini white tin pails at the tables for peanuts and more M&Ms

....donna

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine